Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I lol'd at Lance saying he'd seen people get go home cues during their ring entrances in WCW. Oh man...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

:roflolmao:

That is awesome.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave on LAW was pretty good. He swears a bunch and calls TNA creative geniuses.
Check it out, it's funny.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zagrod posted:

I'm so loving happy I subscribed yesterday holy poo poo am I lucky

This.

Only it was a few days ago, but still!

My favorite part is where Bryan asks a question highlighting the stupidity and there is this dead air for what seems like an eternity while Dave's brain processes the stupid.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 14, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Shaman of Cum posted:

"this is falls count anywhere which means that had they brawled out the building and somehow made their way to antarctica for example, and and --"

"well they would've been counte-, the show would've ended long before they got to antarctica"

"well let's just say they got there.."

"... and there was a cover on an ice flow. The ref would count the pin, because it's falls count anywhere. So how do you have a rope break in a falls count anywhere match?"

[pause]

"Umm..."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Capsaicin posted:

R-E-A-R

R-E-A-R

rearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearear.

That's my new favorite song.

Yes, This!

The first song on the show was great too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

And while that sounds great I eventually got so apathetic about what most people would call great matches that I just couldn't watch anymore.

Isn't that why god created TNA?

Speaking of: Latest Observer they're STILL going on about TNA :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 17, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sue Denim posted:

I just listened to my first Bryan and Vinnie show ever and although the cat talk is odd I thought that it was fantastic.

Should I listen to the '10 Christmas show next? Or is that not a good choice for a second impression, does it involve any wrestling talk at all?

Bryan (in next room): WOO!!
Vinny: That was a 35 year old man just doing the flair strutt, then doing a woo.
Bryan (next room): I gotta take this jacket off!
Vinny: Hit it with an elbow drop!
*muffled thud from next room*

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The latest Botchamania is highlights of Victory Road set to Bryan and Dave's bitchings about the show.

Awesome.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New Observer is up.

My favorite quote:

Cab Driver: This is a dangerous neighborhood.
Bones Jones: We don't need to worry about it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I liked "That'd be a good way to bring back Jericho: Orton's wife watches Dancing With The Stars and Orton gets jealous."
"You just came up with a better angle than the one they'll use."
"I thought about it for a second, that's the problem."

These guys are really narky. I love it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The more I hear the less I want to work at WWE.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"And when crossing the border and asked if you are carrying any dangerous weapons don't hold up your fists and say 'Only these'"

I laughed so hard at that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't watch it.

And I thank the lord every day for that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRayPer posted:

You need to pay for these insider bowling scoops.

And how you can't use any wrestling lingo if you are a mark.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Formerly creative annoys me because they're too close to the source to really get into it. Dave's like: So it's pretty hosed up working there... let's start talking about how much we hated it. Oh hey, you worked with Heyman with the Smackdown Six? That would have been cool I guess but let's talk about the time we went to Italy...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He's got an interview with Carey Silkin up. It's good so far, but it bothers me that I can hear him type on the computer while Carey is talking. It just bugs me because a) It's not that hard to edit out unless you are using a real backwards setup and b) it's kind of disrespectful.

Re: WWE. I understand what you're saying, I just kinda sat there and listened to what they said and thought "That's hosed up." Bryan kind of affirmed that but I had reached the conclusion that it was a hosed corporate environment even if they didn't come out and say it straight. I guess they just talked about it as if it were normal, and would mention things off handedly and I thought by god, that is messed up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If they could no longer perform at the standard of Undertaker's dong.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bruiser Brody getting stoned going bowling. That's why we subscribe.

Is Dave being coy when hey says "only ten people know about lesnar/taker" ie: it's a work and lesnar is coming to 'Mania or that no-one knows because they don't understand Taker just took a shot at Sable or they're just doing a work to cross promote both industries?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I also like the guy with a southern accent that talks about vintage southern 'rasslin.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I actually really liked the Limp Bizkit song with Bryan dubbed over the top. :ohdear:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I seem to recall a man shootin' his women for fooling around with too many other men. To which Vinny asked "how many is too many?"

May have involved "back door love".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was disproportionally amused by "We're back on Entertainment Observer Live."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I would have voted that apples do not indeed, have pits.

Also I really enjoyed the rant about R-Truth being elevated to main event jobber status by being backdoored into the main event via double DQ in a match he was loosing.

Also, the Thriller song was good.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 13, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I will second that, runs the gamut from uplifting to depressing all in one interview. Really sheds light on him.

Intro of the year is the most recent Bryan and Vinny show. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Ever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Stuff like the MS Paint stuff and Dave Meltzer's leather Jacket are amusing. But I wouldn't post.

The only thing I got from the Board was the email address to ask Dave questions on the pod.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

Alvarez and Meltzer like the Angle/Jarrett and Lethal Lockdown matches and that's it. I can't explain how either of them liked Angle/Jarrett as it was pretty terrible in my view.

I have stopped reading reports of TNA ppvs now and just listen to the show and hear things like "near falls in a submissions match" and "nearly killed himself doing a power bomb" and "hitting him on the head with a kendo stick" and "daniels wrestled two matches" and " they eliminated all their good workers first" :psyduck:

What a company. Still not as good as "nearfalls on an iceflow"

Also, I listened to Karl Stern, he has really grown on me. Quite enjoy his stuff now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jack Bass and Ed Jacula.

:)

And everything else on this show.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ChampRamp posted:

You have to be kidding. Warrior was 10x better than Tom Magee

It was also in one of the Botchamanias as well... There is a remarkable amount of history in those :)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My notion of Dave and Bryan have been reinforced by knowing that Dave reads the entire contract before he signs it where as Bryan goes "SWEET FREE UFC TICKETS, I'M GOING TO CANADA!" and just signs it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Vince McMahon mentioned the buy rate had (whatever) by x percent so Dave just worked it out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Considering the most current Karl Presents episode, it's really :( in hindsight the sound of the tornado alarm going off in previous episodes.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Akileese posted:

If you actually care about watching Smackdown (I'm not even going to mention TNA), you may want to wait out this Bryan and Vinnie show because they give away spoilers.

I expect outrage, and I expect Bryan TO GET REALLY lovely AND TALK LIKE THIS!!!!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Alan's Wrestling and MMA board is moderated and has a bunch of links for Puro. That's not horrible.

Plus, regularly search for user "Dave" as mentioned before. It's always funny seeing him interact with the rabble.

edit: Today's Observer show is brutal...Bryan is outraged and can feel his innocence going away...while Dave has just seen it all and is so jaded he doesn't care... except when TNA signs Chyna.

The questions are interesting though, especially the stuff about Luger.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 5, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TLM posted:

For the guys who are just starting out with Bryan and Dave, here's a little video that sums up that they do indeed live in a wrestling bubble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

:wth:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

cannot recommend the Lagana interview with MVP enough. Holy poo poo that's some good stuff.
^^^
This is really good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This week on Observer Radio!

"I quit" is NOT a submission!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

B&V played Oh Susana! to start the show and they didn't know it had the line "Killed 500 friend of the family".

They edited it off. Pretty funny moment.

I was driving at the time and nearly crashed.

The song goes:
"... And I went up the river, something something and killed five hundred-(edit)"
Bryan and Vinny: "Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"

And it was one of the funniest things I have ever heard. It's great because they edited it out, but the rhyme is with "ri-ver" so there is only one thing it could be. And their reactions are priceless.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you want a bit of a giggle then Colt Cabana interviewed Steve Corino. He seems to be equal parts great guy, jerk and bitter old wrestler. But in a really funny way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's funny, you can tell Dave's interest level depending on how high his voice is. If he's engaged in the question it's a high pitch, if he doesn't give a crap or he thinks the question is stupid then it's a low voice.

• Locked thread