Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am THE BIGGEST Jens Pulver mark. This'll be great.

And Hitman will be awesome too. I love how geeky enough Bryan is that whenever they do a long, serious wrestling discussion (like with Stone Cold) Bryan will go:

"... so about those matches with Brett Hart you did..." and the entire world goes *mark!*

Meanwhile Dave is going "So back in WCCW..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Things like Brett Hart and Steve Austin are in the Observer Radio archive, older ones are in the Archive in the "Radio Shows" forum of the Board.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Johnny Gargano interview is really funny. Check it out if you have the chance.

Stone Cold: You're going home.
Johnny: What?
Stone Cold: You're going home.
Johnny: What?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
May 24 Figure Four Daily with Johnny Gargano: Awesome Japan stories, breaking his back, DGUSA, more

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 25, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan and Vinny kicks off with
One of Macho's rap tunes.

:)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave was in fine form last podcast. I laughed at the reason why banning cell phones from the impact zone won't affect spoilers. And in addition they think THAT'S why TNA sucks.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Formerly Creative. (Ie: WWE Creative)?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I loved

"He took his ball and ran with it as they say in ... basketball?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love that most recent observer radio, with Dave just killing TNA and Vince McMahon in a short period of time.

Especially when talking about the time limit draw and how it made me think of that great Flair/Steamboat match where it is one all with like a minute to go, and in the last second Steamboat gets the pin for the win (which ends up being a Dusty finish.). And I was like wow, that's how you do it.

And then I thought, You know who else managed to work a match like that? NWA: Mountain State. Sure they're not as good, but they understand the psychology of using it.

Think about that for a minute. The 'Stro and Pearce understand wrestling and psychology better than TNA. :psyduck:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It totally freaked me out how they played it dead straight with the ROH angle. Really un-nerving. I thought it was like the 50s and I was reading a pro rasslin mag.

On B&V:
I swear to god, someone has to turn Vinny singing the Nitro theme into a thing with him singing it then "WEEELCOME TO MONDAY NITRO! I'm your host Tony Schiovane and with me is the Living Legend, Larry Zybysko" (cue the world imagining Larry doing that stupid bow he always did during "Living legend.")

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Les is funny. It's like there is a lot of crap, and stuff I can't stand like their prediction contests (Yes I get it you all got it wrong because TNA is retarded) but everyone once in a while Les will you "Hey, this is an aspect of wrestling that I think is really important" and I'll go, poo poo, that's right no wonder I think person X is a better wrestler, because of that little thing.

Once he talked about the most important thing in a hammer lock is your face. I know it's really stupid, but if you look at Brett Hart get or take a hammer lock he's either going "Man i'm really messing with this guy" or "My god this hammer lock is going to break my arm off."

Maybe that's just me.

I've been really digging Lance Storm recently. He's really a funny guy. He just does it in a really deadpan manner. He's probably my 3rd favorite show behind Dynamite Dave and Vinny.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that impact review is classic.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This Konnan interview is great. He just tells it straight and how it is.

I love the part at the very start about RVD taking a hit on skype at a press conference

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Colt Cabana's Tyson Dux interview is pretty :( for the most part, but :) when they talk about WWE paying for his knee surgery, even if they only did it out of fear.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds good everyone, great job. :)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
personally I think that that undertaker game is pretty rad.

Also Ditch needs to be on it to talk Puro.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Perigryn posted:

Line of tonight's Observer Radio is Bryan replying to Dave's analysis of TNA's ranking system: "Dave, it's 3:10 am here in Texas and you're dreaming that Giant Baba is booking TNA"

This was great. Especially how you could hear Dave's mental train leave the station and pick up steam as his mind is going through all the great angles and ideas that they can do and Bryan just derails him...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really wanna hear about Nigel turning heel.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Observer Radio: Shooting down great ideas that will never happen since 2008 (TM)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The thing is I can really understand a lot of this thinking.

When he watches TNA he takes hope from the angles and goes "okay they could really turn it around and do this..." but with WWE it's always like "Yeah, it's good, but it could be done better this way..." He's kind of easy on TNA because they're retarded, and hard on WWE because they should be doing better. And he's really high on ROH, except he's pessimistic about their chances.

With the Punk thing he's like "This is a million dollar angle, and should be done for a Wrestlemania, not a lovely B-PPV, and if they do it they're removing the logical angle for bringing Brock back." Then again, part of it is the fact that he outlined that Cena will probably win anyway, if he doesn't they won't keep him off tv for a second so the stips mean nothing, and if Punk came back as an outsider group and had the kings they'd probably just bury it like they did the Nexus.

And he's also just realistic: CM Punk forms an outsider stable with the Kings and Paul Heyman. 95% of the audience goes "WHO THE gently caress IS THAT BALD GUY AND THAT OTHER DUDE?" and he's right, the outsider angle only works when the guys are over with your audience, like Hall and Nash. And WWE aren't going to let the Kings go through the division like Brock did, because they don't book like that.

Anyway, :words:

tl;dr: Dave loves wrestling and hates stupid things.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan and Vinny show up. If hearing Vinny say they weren't down with that losing poo poo, and gently caress this bullshit. Also, they want their money doesn't put a smile on your dial then... Well I have an odd sense of humour.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My name's Gagne and I'm in a rage
And I want Brody in a cage.

:dance:

Yet again the B&V songs never fail to disappoint.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Minitrue posted:

Then I started to get the feeling that Dave was trolling to a degree and got used to Bryan's annoying voice.

Now I love it!

He has this incredible dead pan sarcasm that takes a while to get used to.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone else get a massive hard on for Lance Storm's booking on the latest show?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That last rant when Dave explained how everything in wrestling is rear end backwards at the start of the last show must have been the last straw.

:suspense:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
TELL THEM TO BREAK THE loving TABLE!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan: Up next was the divas match...
Dave: Oh jesus christ...
Bryan: *prattles off name of Wrestlers*
Dave: What the hell was this?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well there was an @Lagana sign at MITB.

Maybe that got to his head and he thinks he's taking down the system.

edit: I posted that in jest, but then actually checked the site and there is a screen grab of it on the front page... lol?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
While talking about the Board another mention of DC SNIPER must be in order. He is like some idiot savant troll genius and at last count has successfully trolled Chris Jericho on twitter and been given a shout out on a ROH iPPV. He cracks me up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was driving in my car shouting WHO THE gently caress IS KEITH STONE?????

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite part on the better than expected Todd Martin show has been this:

"Then Cole and Michaels went hunting sharks, and people were all like 'it's called fishing bryan.'"

:stare:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Brock Lesnar has drawn more in one PPV then TNA has its entire life.

:smithicide:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was Rich Swan the guy that turned up in Japan with like a t-shirt and five bucks, and then went to the exchange office and said "ME NO HAVE ALOT OF MONEY" in a hilariously racist accent?

They talked about Rich with Alan on F4daily today, just trying to make sure I have the right guy.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan: "I hope my kids don't want to see me wrestle."
Dave: "Well, they'd never let you wrestle on wrestlemania anyway"

Bubble -> Burst.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They all have great stories to tell (most of the time), so if you don't know the dude they'll normally they will keep you entertained.

Although Spanky is a bit of a loon, but that's interesting in its own right.

I remember really liking Claudio, The Briscoes, Sara Del Ray, Steve Corino was hilarious because he's a bitter gently caress, Evan Bourne was interesting, Young Bucks were great.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
People should watch the match that Bryan and Vinny rave about on the latest show (Rockers v. Brain Busters from MSG 89). It is really as good as they say it is. Made me totally mark out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

Basic summery, everyone hates this guy yet he doesn't know why.

"There is no such thing as a bad thing."

"They can sign you for a year or twelve months or whatever."

"If you get on tv it can really raise your stockmarket."

Shall I keep going?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I listen to Dr Lucha only because the shenanigans in lucha are always so interesting, and that makes it worthwhile for me. :)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Kevin Nash was the longest tenured WWF champion in the nineties? That can't be true!"
"It is, which speaks volumes for their decision making in the nineties."

Deep burn! :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I also liked...

"Uhhh the reason Nancy Benoit didn't goto WCW when Chris left was because she was still Nancy Sullivan...

... Which is even more odd as Kevin Sullivan was booking WCW!"

• Locked thread