Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ChampRamp posted:

Bruno Sammartino every time

Goddamn right. The first one especially though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TNA Impact: Bogglefuck Matters!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"TomWaitsForNoMan" posted:

Is "Cold Blood" Matt Hardy's finisher really called the ICE PICK?

Yup. It's pretty horrible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Making this choice? Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ChampRamp posted:

I don't listen to LAW, but I read that response or whatever and it seems sensible to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Most of it seems reasoned. But it's lines like 'decide to partake' and 'making this choice' that really strike me as ignorant. If it was an accidental pregnancy, and why would there be reason to think otherwise given her career, it seems rather foolish to blame a person by saying their choice was stupid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Hearing Dave try to use a sports analogy with Bryan made up for the inevitable week of hearing about Bryan and Ed's tame Vegas adventures. The worst week of the year is hearing about wrestling geeks exclaiming how wild and crazy they were at the STRIP CLUB getting DRUNK.

I need to invite Coughlin along for some real adventures.

I could just picture Bryan the entire time Dave was talking about football. Just waiting for the chance to just somehow change the subject. And Dave just kept going and going. It was hilarious.

That and the Kazarian saga were my favorite parts of last night's show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Akileese posted:

KIDNAPPING AN AUDIENCE MEMBER!?!? 10 POINTS!

I was laughing my rear end of at this. I can't believe that's really in the TNA Fantasy game.

Get The Pinfall: 1 Point
Ref Bump: 20 points
Kidnap Audience Member: 10 Points

Just loving bizarre.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

triplexpac posted:

Does anyone here post regularly on the F4W board? I pop on it once every couple months, it's a strange place.

I've been a member for a few years and I have yet to post there. It's good for quick news between site updates and searching for posts from Dave. That's it though. It's a horrible forum.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

December 2007 is the only one you need.

That's a good one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lone Rogue posted:

Wait, did Dave actually ask if MMA was a fad? Is Dana quoting anything real?

Doesn't look like it. I searched for the the word fad in the newsletter they're talking about. And it turned up once. Here's the context.

quote:

It’s likely to wind up similar to boxing, where rank-and-file shows don’t mean anything, but big shows with the two or three major superstars can set records on PPV. But boxing has certain edges, including an appeal to those over 40 who didn’t grow up with MMA. It’s got a history, and the fact to people in the media a big boxing star is a sports superstar and a big boxing event is important. UFC is still considered a novelty to a lot of decision makers, although UFC fights are inherently more entertaining. But the entertainment value of a sport means nothing. It’s the importance people perceive it as having that means everything.

It’s been successful for long enough that it’s not a fad, but boxing isn’t a fad either and if you put a secondary show on FOX on Saturday night, it’s not going to last, That’s why boxing hasn’t been on network TV in prime time in eons.

So no, in fact it looks as if he stated the exact opposite of that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

After listening to tonight's show it's pretty clear nobody has any clue what the hell is going on with Lesnar.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

sportsgenius86 posted:

big-time Juggalos is probably the worst possibly way you could've tried to sell most of this forum on that show

Surely the worst way to sell most of humanity right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The way I see it a 'Star' is someone that moves the needle of ratings and buyrates purely because people want to see them. Someone that a casual fan will recognize as a big name. The Rock. Stone Cold. Brock Lesnar. Guys like Roode, Storm, and even Punk or Sheamus aren't really 'Stars' they're just the guys getting the big pushes and main/semi main events. Being at the top or near the top of the card doesn't make you a star. Punk was a 'star' in that sense for about two months when he actually meant something. Now he regularly loses the audience during matches. Nobody's buying any PPVs to see Bobby Roode or Sheamus. They're not stars.

X-O fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 17, 2012

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Two minutes in and Larry is enlightening us on the true nature of death.

Larry is bat-poo poo on the level of some of Art Bell's craziest guests. Trust me I've listened to a lot of Art Bell.

10 minutes in:

There is no death, we are beings of light.
Catholic Church will reveal all of that.
Sun was yellow when Larry was a kid, is now white hot.
That's why we have global warming.
Aliens built the pyramids.
Structures on moon, JFK wanted to work with USSR to investigate, JFK/RFK killed by Illuminati for that, Nikita put into vegetative state.
We're in the same cycle we were before WW1 and WW2.
New Golden Age to follow
Archons.
We are going through the photos in the center of the galaxy.
Get your money out of the banks poo poo is about to go down!

So basically this is a new F4 After Dark?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Bryan interviewing people about the paranormal brings to mind a lot of what I liked about Art Bell as a host, he doesn't judge, he doesn't mock, but he doesn't go along with everything either. He just lets them talk and asks them to elaborate on possibly interesting topics. Hes the same way with special guests on F4D and WOR too. As bad as he sometimes is as an analyst or in conversation with Dave, Lance, and Todd, he's a pretty damned good interviewer

Well Bryan did a Paranormal type show for a while. So he's obviously into that stuff. It was a fun show that unfortunately disappeared rather quickly. I enjoyed it while it lasted. In fact one of our esteemed goons here was on the show and was pretty great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

No one listens to the Todd shows so let's not pretend we know what goes on during them.

Todd exists purely so that people can ignore him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I just picture Larry standing up in the middle of the interview and turning around to take a bow in front of absolutely nobody. During the late 90s that was his signature move.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Wow, the poo poo TNA is pulling with expiring contracts and possibly trying to use the WWE lawsuit as leverage is so hosed up. Hey Bully Ray, you've been great for the last year... let's lowball you when you can't go elsewhere!

Yeah, I heard that earlier. That's pretty incredibly hosed up. I mean, the company is apparently started to earn some good will back from the fans, but it looks like it's still run just as lovely as ever.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 25, 2012

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Sonnen on Observer Radio is already up.

"You're asking me to think like Jon Jones, and if I thought like Jon Jones I would be a much stupider person. I am a genius."

I don't know much about MMA, but I instantly love this guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

He also denied the internet existed, so he couldn't have been quoted as saying dumb poo poo on it.

This is literally the best thing I've ever heard all day. That's hilarious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Bubba is wresting smart. Let's make that distinction. He's still a loving moron.

He's not even wrestling smart. Doesn't he still take unprotected headshots with chairs and stuff like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel that I kind of need to watch the Impact that finally broke Bryan. But it's Impact, so no.

• Locked thread