Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

LordPants posted:

I was driving at the time and nearly crashed.

The song goes:
"... And I went up the river, something something and killed five hundred-(edit)"
Bryan and Vinny: "Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"

And it was one of the funniest things I have ever heard. It's great because they edited it out, but the rhyme is with "ri-ver" so there is only one thing it could be. And their reactions are priceless.

Does anyone remember which edition of the show this was on?

EDIT: April 15th

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I was going to post this! The way Vinny... explained Chris Harris' look was truly amazing.

A MUSK OX

I started laughing uncontrollably at "Find us on Facebook!", people on the train were looking at me funny. Also "There was a guy with a turban collecting the tolls. We thought it was hilarious" was a pretty good senior moment

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Is "Cold Blood" Matt Hardy's finisher really called the ICE PICK?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Flameingblack posted:

"Dark Angel" Matt Hardy

You mean "Angelic Diablo" Matt Hardy. "Dark Angel" would be poo poo, but many levels of poo poo better than that

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I don't know if you've ever seen it, but he essentially pulls guard and applies the devastating double underhooks. So he essentially dry-fucks his opponent into submission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhTYXkWSHQA

Oh my God that's even worse than the STFU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The thing that shocked me most about Bryan's wrestling bubble is that when Judas and Brutus are mentioned in the context of treachery, he immediately thinks of Brutus Beefcake rather than the guy who killed Caesar

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I finally got around to listening to the Batista interview, and man he sounds like such a humble, mellow guy. I always thought he was meant to be a dick but this interview really changed my impression of him. Strangely enough that's exactly the opposite of what happened when I read Jericho's book

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

Oh hey, confirmation from Formerly Creative that in fact the upper echelon DIDN'T like Punk and they DID want to push Hardcore Holly over Punk when they had Holly beat Punk on ECW. Maybe that will end some stupid arguments that have persisted.

And that HHH, HBK, and Arn didn't like his work when he debuted. I wonder how long HHH took to go from that to wanting to put him over at Survivor Series

EDIT: interesting that it was ultimately HBK sticking up for him that turned him around

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 29, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Man, I love Colt in the ring, and I love the guests he has on, but I just can't stand the way he talks on his podcast. He sounds like an obnoxious morning radio DJ, and if he uses that "live from the studio... apartment!!" line again I'm going to cry

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Which Wrestlemania was it where Brent got the press conference shut down?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Beeswax posted:

He's also got some really inane libertarian leanings. But that's par for the course in wrestlers.

Also for the prairies

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"I have no idea how they knew. I hadn't spoken to anybody, the only person I'd told was you and I know it wasn't you... it wasn't you was it?"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Borh posted:

"After I teach that motherfucking cat how to walk on two legs, I'm gonna teach it how to run the ropes".

I may be the only one, but I legit :lol:'d at that line.

Nope, I did too, especially for Vinny's exasperated reaction

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Lamuella posted:

Just finished listening to the latest Art Of Wrestling.

Wow, Alex Shane is kind of a nutcase.

In what way? Is he still working his conspiracy gimmick?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh God, someone asked Dave if Mark Calloway had to see a psychiatrist in the 90s because he had trouble separating himself from the Undertaker character. I died.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Arbite posted:

I didn't know jorts could be so upsetting.

Legit made me jump, Bryan can be a scary little dude sometimes

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

ChampRamp posted:

Today's Observer poll slayed me

If I made $56,000 2 years ago, $49,000 last year and $47,000 this year, am I

-Doing better because my drop by percentage was less than year than last year

-Doing worse becaue I'm making less money

What's this in reference to?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"I'm going to paint myself green next year"
"No you aren't"
"Why not?"
"Because it's too much work"
"That's true... can you paint me green?"
"I would love to :3:"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh god, the review of ShopTNA.com had me in stiches. SAles where you save a penny per item, Six random action figures, spelling "water" with 2 Ts, Dixie's theme being called "The Man In Me", hilarious

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
It's up now. The stuff about Vince deliberately booking humiliating segments so that he could show the tapes at the WWE Xmas party while everyone awkwardly laughs just because Vince laughs has me convinced, if more proof were needed, that Vince has serious mental and emotional problems

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm listening to the Christmas Show now, jesus Bryan's "English" accent has me in tears

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Personally I'm impressed at how the TEAM VIGGITY DIET turned an accomplished brazilian jiu jitsu grappler and very attractive woman into a skeleton.

Erm, have you seen her arms? She's in no way a skeleton man

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

maniacripper posted:

When he did the show with Lagana I was floored with how knowledgeable he was of the entire history of the business. I wonder if a even a quarter of the roster can talk wrestling history like he can, he truly loves the sport.

Yeah but he was rude to a piss tester once so

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Sometimes I really hate Bryan, mostly when he starts saying something really really dumb, gets called on it, and instead of realising his mistake and backing off he just. keeps. going.

Then he comes up with the idea of having Kane kill Abe(l) Washington after Eve gives Adam (Copeland) an apple she stole from Carlito after being tempted by Jake the Snake and I love him all over again.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Karmine posted:

I have yet to hear an MVP interview that isn't absolutely riveting. The dude has an incredible life story.

He is, in my opinion, the biggest missed opportunity in a decade full of missed opportunities

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The loving argument between loving Todd Martin and Bryan loving Alvarez about loving callouts in the UFC made me want to never listen to either of them a-loving-gain. Jesus Christ, those two are the worst two personalities to have together on a show because neither are able to back down from an argument. Repeating trhe same points over and over with increasing volume does not make for good listening.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I think Bryan might actually be getting dumber as the years go by :(

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Holy poo poo, Bryan never heard of Jesse Owens

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Perigryn posted:

I think he did but never how he won all those medals at the Berlin Olympics and indirectly made Hitler look foolish..

..he did call him "Herb Owens" at the end though...

But... that's what Owens is most famous for. It's like knowing who Bill Gates is but not knowing he started a computer company

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Dave posted:

No, I really feel bad for the guy.

His hamstring is a mess.

Holy poo poo

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

Which pissed Dave off enough that it made the daily update.

Where was that in the update? I think I missed it

Also, Lance is really really really (justifiably) mad about steroids

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"Lance Storm seems like the kind of Canadian who hasn't seen Slapshot" - I died

Also, Granny watches Revenge, she has good taste in TV

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

Last night's show fell apart in hilarious fashion. The last 3 minutes were glorious, mostly due to Bryan being an idiot.

I had to look up the new Dana-Dave thing and holy poo poo, is Dana legit nuts?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Oh oops, yeah sorry, I really should have linked the vid myself. He starts sounding like some Alex Jones-esque ranter with his "there more going on than you know, this goes all the way to the top!" spiel. He actually questions how Dave could possibly be getting ratings numbers, as if they aren't publicly available. Insane.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"You only like 3 things Bryan: combat sports, money, and Bigfoot". I died.

The idea of Bryan and Vinnie spending 3 days out in the wilderness looking for Sasquatch fills me with so much joy

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

TUS posted:

All I heard was Jimmy Bower :smith:

Strange, I heard Chris Lovey

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Bryan interviewing people about the paranormal brings to mind a lot of what I liked about Art Bell as a host, he doesn't judge, he doesn't mock, but he doesn't go along with everything either. He just lets them talk and asks them to elaborate on possibly interesting topics. Hes the same way with special guests on F4D and WOR too. As bad as he sometimes is as an analyst or in conversation with Dave, Lance, and Todd, he's a pretty damned good interviewer

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 20, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oops

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

He did a really great job of baiting Larry too. Bryan hasn't done a lot of interviews lately but this was a good reminder that he's become a great interviewer.

He really has. I find that my favourite shows are when he steps back a bit and acts as a host with Dave or Lance answering questions and providing analysis. It's a great dynamic when it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

maniacripper posted:

But this also leads to more of his worst antics, mainly, someone else (Todd, Dave, Lance) making a good point, then Bryan will detour the conversation about how he has this brilliant idea/analysis which is just a rephrasing of what the other person just said. That has to drive those guys nuts.

Sure, which is why I said it's better when he sits back and asks questions/follow-ups rather than trying to provide analysis himself

• Locked thread