Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What's everybody's favorite Bryan and Vinny moments? Those shows are basically some of the funniest things I can remember in the wrestling business that doesn't involve PWG or CHIKARA.

My personal favorite is probably Bryan's rant about baseball or Bryan getting pissy cause someone called him out on his pronunciation of the word "roof".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

I think he was reading the star ratings from user feedback of a TNA PPV.

Or Vinny giving his recaps.

But yeah, that Christmas/Scriptmpac episode where Bryan and Vinny were acting out scenes from the script was amazing.

There are collections of the top 50 moments on radio shows for 2009 and 2010. 2009's top moment was Dave completely no-selling someone asking, "In the 1990s, Bret Hart bought a house in the US from Montgomery Burns. Do you know if he still has this house or has he sold it?" Neither Bryan nor Dave caught on that it was a Simpsons joke, and Dave was trying to figure out when Bret bought this house.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How did Bryan and Lance get to be such good friends anyways? I mean, they gotta be pretty close for Lance to travel to Bothell for Bryan's wedding.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LordPants posted:

:roflolmao:

That is awesome.

The best part is Bryan cutting it off halfway through the Benoit Killed part with "Goddamnit!."

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Over/Under on Goddamn/Goddamnits from Bryan tonight: 8.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Dave is reporting that it's the no condition thing now.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
"Maybe you can explain this to me."

"I probably can't."

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Exactly. The Bryan and Vinny show is always the one that's less serious and way more frivolous than the others. Granny, cats, songs, and all the other goofiness is part of the charm

EDIT: and besides, if Bryan never talked about his cats, the line "you can't just lock kids in a room Bryan, they aren't cats" would have been nowhere near as funny :colbert:

R-E-A-R

R-E-A-R

rearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearearear.

That's my new favorite song.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Court Bauer's story of Vince wanting to race cars with him is hilarious. Any story of Vince in the real world is hilarious.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I never knew that Karl Stern was a kayfabe name.

God, I will never stop laughing at Bryan's rant on the word roof.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I knew Bryan's love of old Americana would come back to bite him one day

I cackled.

Granny's segment was also amazing today. MY HAND FELL ASLEEP!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I loved that they unwittingly re-enacted the "Beads" "Bees?" "BEADS!" bit from Arrested Development

That was the first thing that came into my head?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I never really went on the board, but I knew that there were issues with Jez just from the fact that Vinny seemed to hate him, and Vinny really doesn't give a poo poo about the board at all.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Listening to Adrenaline Flushes, who is this Brent Kremen guy Bryan and Vinny are willing to beat to death?

One of their friends. I think he legitimately has Aspergers, and he has been institutionalized on two separate occasions.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Granny was such a bitch tonight.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How much do they talk about BJ Whitmer?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm still paying my recurring cost from early 2007. I think I'm paying $6.99 a month.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh man I bet Vince turns this into a pro-choice/pro-life angle

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

weekly font posted:

Just letting you know that in the not too distant future there may be a PSPodcast. Help the couple of us that are working to put this together: what are YOU looking for in a wrasslin podcast?

Brent Kremen.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Real answer: I think that most people here are kinda witty and funny, so as long as it doesn't turn into people getting on air and calling other PSPers dicks or jackaninnies, it should be okay.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The thing about the TNA Fantasy game is it isn't about picking people you think will win. It's people who clearly break the rules.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Holy gently caress. Aerostar. :stare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM488qXX2U0

Like, three callers asked about him on the Konnan show, so I decided to look up some clips.

Again, holy gently caress, Aerostar.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

PaybackJack posted:

The latest Lagana podcast has him talking to Todd Martin and the "Barrister" of the Embassy about the litigation against Homicide. All in kayfabe. It's quite good actually. Todd Martin discussing the risks of being in possession of a flux capacitor is amusing.

"Who's going to be jaywalking across an autobahn with a flux capacitor?"

Also that Aerostar video is awesome. His 'human torpedo' dive is awesome.

I think the most visually impressive stuff he does is his top rope 619/Tiger Feint, his reverse 450s, and him flipping over the ropes in wacky ways to convince opponents to run into the post/turnbuckle.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
One of my favorite BnV moments ever was when they were watching the Michelle McCool LOVING LIFE promos live on the show. I wish they did more stuff like that and play WWE.com games more often.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

GoutPatrol posted:

Those videos were great. Its gotten so hard for me to remember any specific B&V show moments because I have listened to drat near every one, but I remember thinking that the first time Impact moved to 2 hours those first dozen shows after that were just golden.

WE ONLY NEED TWO HOURS
WE ONLY NEED TO MOVE TO MONDAYS
WE ONLY NEED TO GO LIVE

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LividLiquid posted:

I think Dave just went nuts.

christ dave. spoiler alert.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan: "Let's say Vince lives to be 150 years old...."
Dave, cutting him off: "Well, he's not going to. :geno: "

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I would listen to mash-up album with GnR called ABBAtite for Destruction.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Mega GIRL posted:

At the end of the day, this is the same guy who was charging people MORE money for buying a full-year subscription to his website compared to those buying it month-to-month. Of course he's not going to see why wrestling fans wouldn't want to hear him talk to his grandmother for 20-30 minutes.

He's charging around $15 less for a full year subscription than a subscription for a year on a month-by-month basis. :confused:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LordPants posted:

I never got that. Turns me off long term subscription...

It's $11 a month or $120 a year. You save $12 by paying for a year.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I liked Alvarez talking about how pale Sheamus was on the show last night, and called him "transluscent" and "see-through". Dave's response?

quote:

No, you couldn't see his internal organs. :geno:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I was listening to some older shows, and I forgot about a drop that hasn't been played for a while. Dave is on a cell phone apparently, and 96% of what he says during a 30-45second rant doesn't go through. Then you hear him again and he says "...and you just let bygones be bygones, you know what I'm sayin'?"

And Bryan just goes, "Yeah!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Foley was being kinda evasive about coming back, so Brian started asking:

"If you were to do a certain something with a certain group of people at a certain point in time..."

Dave cuts him off:

"Who would you want it to be with in the ring?!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What are the odds that this is the first time Dave Meltzer has put the word "clitoris" in a newsletter?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Garbow posted:

Why are dead people among "active wrestlers"

If the people who were voted for on that list aren't active wrestlers, thennnnnnn..........

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I really wish Bryan and Dave recapped a Chikara event.
Even if they poo poo on it, I think it would create an entertaining show.

They did once.

And they poo poo on it HARD.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

GoutPatrol posted:

Are you sure you're not talking about the B&V show with the hour long tag gauntlet they hated?

Pretty sure that was that Chikara show they watched, even if just that one match. From the first KOT?

Edit: Didn't notice it said Bryan and Dave.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, that was during the wonderful Michaels vs Kennedy feud, match was at Armageddon 07, I believe.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, their joy at Crossbones, Archibald Peck, and TURSAS was so much fun to listen to. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The Best Of...compilations however, are amazing. I'm already certain that The Best of WO/F4W this year is going to be Oh Susanna!.

• Locked thread