Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan describing Super Mario Bros. in terms of the Noguiera-Mir fight is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Or if you want Brent Kremen's phone number.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

HulkaMatt posted:

I somehow missed the dancing queen show.

Also Mike Coughlin in the top 10 again. :frogc00l:

I think his other moment should have been #1.

"Okay, let's look at the map here..."

Thirty seconds of silence

"gently caress I'M GOING THE WRONG WAY! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh god, Bryan's talking about Mighty Bomb Jack.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
When does the awards issue of the Observer come out? I can't wait to see who wins the coveted "most disgusting promotional tactic" award. :allears:

Smart money is on Christian losing the title the week he won it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, I still have recurring from 6 years ago, so instead of the $12 or whatever a month, I only pay like, $7 a month. :smug:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
A few friends and I went to a house show in Kentucky for TNA a while back. At the show, one of my friends went up to Borash and introduced himself saying "JB! Remember me?! It's me, James!" in his best redneck voice.

Borash was the personification of :stare:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Sue Denim posted:

Bryan's nativity about tainted supplements is absurd.

I wish he had a display of baby Jesus, Joseph, Mary, and three jacked up wise men.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Can someone explain Eamo's "Great Power of Uti" joke? I listened to it and didn't get it at all.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Moose Bigelow posted:

It was a few years ago but when one guy called him a loving idiot and dave got pissed off and said "you better be sure you're right before you call someone a loving idiot" was worth the monthly subscription.

The best was when Dave told a guy complaining about the UFC coverage, "AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BREED THOUGH, IT'S COOL"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

CombineThresher posted:

Was he good enough to counteract being the worst announcer of all time?

gently caress that. Michael Cole is SO much worse than Don West - it's not even funny.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I think West and Tenay could have been a much better announce pair if they didn't have the poo poo to work with that Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas and Rellik.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

PoO3 posted:

I guess you're right, that was a pretty long time ago, but his look is just so douchey I can't help but want to punch him in the face. He's a natural heel. He'd have to get rid of the fauxhawk and learn how to work the mic much better than city-name sports-team type of heat to be able to work well as a face. None of his in-ring moves are particularly flashy or exciting except for that corner clothesline, which makes him more suited to working as a heel. Basically he would have to change everything about himself, including his in-ring style, to work as a face and I don't really see that happening.

Could you see him as a Randy Orton type of babyface, a totally dominating face who destroys his opponents?

Could you realistically see him as a CM Punk type babyface, the cool anti-hero who makes snarky comments but can totally back it up in the ring?

What would his character even be like as a face?

On the other hand, you were right, as a heel he was over as gently caress last year. All they have to do to make him credible is not book him like a complete joke and afterthought. Apparently though someone backstage doesn't want that to happen and we get him in his current form.

Say you were in a room and there was a brownie on the other side that you wanted to get to. There are three different doors. In one is CM Punk, in another is Alberto Del Rio, and in another is The Miz. Who do you fight to get to the brownie?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

sportsgenius86 posted:

was that the "hey, let's pick up where you guys just left off" guy?

Yeah.

And there was also that guy that called and went "Oh, hey, I don't have any questions, I just want to do osme putovers".

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I know this is about a year and a half old now, but holy god, if any of you haven't seen the FRENCH STALLION TOM LARUFFA episode of World of Hurt, you have to. BnV's review of it last year doesn't do it justice.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

sportsgenius86 posted:

My coworkers keep looking over here because I can't keep it together.

The Stink song was just perfection.

The little pause at the end of the third "Stink You're Wronk" was the best part

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

MassRayPer posted:

After hours of TNA rants I was reminded of my favorite moment in the history of Figure Four Online Slash Wrestling Observer Dot Com:

http://www.ultimatepokerbankroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ONESTAR.mp3

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. Anyone who remembers the context of this clip should probably consider some changes to their life.

Jenna/Sharmell?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I thank god everyday for TNA just so I can have BnV moments like scimpact and stink you're wronk.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I can't think of anything this year that I absolutely lost it over, but I'm sure once I start listening, that they'll all come flooding back to me.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
CHRISTMAS SHOW UP!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LividLiquid posted:

Worked Shoot Radio is coming back soon, I hope, but I still wanna' get on Bryan and Vinnie as a guest.

All you gotta do is fly them to Las Vegas, pay for everything, and then get a completely inflated sense of self-importance!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

njsykora posted:

He said the 3-way was one of, if not the best, 3-way he'd ever seen. It's getting *****. I'd imagine Sakuraba/Nakamura and Tanahashi/Okada are going to at least 4.5. I actually can't wait for the new Observer because of this.

If he gave Joe/Styles/Daniels X-Division *****, this will get a ***** easy.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The Brian Kendrick is batshit insane.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

triplexpac posted:

How does it rate vs the crazy Zbysko interview?

Kendrick thinks that Sandy Hook was planned by the US Government and that the sun is COLD!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LordPants posted:

I watched quite a few Smoky Mountain episodes, and after reading the Retro Observer I got all :smith:

I was live at a couple of those. :smith:

Then, one story later, Big Dave gets all Big Davey. :allears:

quote:

The show opened with one of the weirdest interviews probably in wrestling history. Hulk Hogan, Sting and Savage came out. First Hogan dumped his black wrestling attire in a burning garbage can. He then went off on a tangent about "rag sheets" which is a term those in the business unfamiliar with how the real world operates refer to newsletters such as this (as if this newsletter should be put in a grouping with anything else). Hogan threw a tantrum about a report that said The Giant was going to win the Battle Royal (which couldn't have even come from here because the last thing we wrote on the subject was that Sting or Savage were the best bets to win) and how they were wrong, which pretty well tipped everyone off that the Giant wasn't going to win. He also said it was reported Savage wouldn't be in the show because of an arm injury (it had been known for weeks here that Savage was going to eschew surgery and work the Battle Royal). He then said that the Savage arm injury was a total swerve on everyone including the wrestlers in the dressing room and that Savage's arm was fine (Savage had legitimately torn his tricep and his left arm was barely half the size of the right). Even weirder was even if the injury wasn't real, the major storyline of the show is that Savage had an arm injury and the announcers never acknowledged Hogan's saying Savage's arm was fine. He then threw the "rag sheet" in the same burning garbage can saying "Observe this," and said that it was a dinosaur and that the internet is the real story. I suspect as his popularity and drawing power continues to drop he'll get even more bitter. Since it appeared to be directed at me, I took it as a tremendous compliment.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

sportsgenius86 posted:

Matt said he wanted to see Ryback and Henry smash through the set.

Are we the "Web message board" someone mentioned? :allears:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Wrestlemania Observer is up and I lost it at this point.

quote:

Devitt was tremendous as a heel immediately, and came off the top rope onto Taguchi with a double foot stomp. Fale then nailed Captain with either a clothesline punch or maybe the old Oriental tool punch. Devitt then unmasked Captain, and put Captain’s mask into his trunks and down his butt.

Devitt then said, “No More Apollo 55. No more Mr. Nice Guy.” He then said, “Say hello to my bouncer, Bad Luck Fale.” Fale then carried Devitt from the ring on his shoulders, while Devitt put Captain’s mask on while Captain laid in the ring trying to cover his face. If he was going to put the mask on his face, I don’t exactly see the upside to sticking it in his butt first, but to each his own.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Ten Count question: Who, as a child or when you were first getting into wrestling, did you absolutely love and thought was the coolest thing ever, but now that you're older and look back, you're like "why the gently caress did I ever like him?"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Jake the Snake just likes making bird feeders and watching birds. :unsmith:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan talking about the strongest men in the world is great.

Bryan: "I deadlifted 400 pounds. This guy added 603 pounds to that and deadlifted that!"
Vinny: "It's true, Bryan. You are not the strongest man in the world."
Bryan: "I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE!!!!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Did they ever put up the Alvarez/Sweeney/Ruckus/Delirious swim trunk match up on YouTube?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dave knew 2K was getting WWE long before THQ die. He said he tried to drop hints for weeks.

Mighty Bomb Jack -***

I wanna go back through old WOs now and find those hints.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan finishing off today's BnV with a hell of a threat.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Anbody listened to the Power Bombcast yet? It's a bunch of the Giant Bomb guys talking about wrasslin', including a Dan Ryckert from Game Informer and Jeff Gerstman, who only kinda watches wrestling.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Listening to Giant-Talk on the Bryan/Dave show, when Bryan mentions the only person to be both a dwarf and a giant, Dave going "WHAT!?" in the background just made me lose it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Listening to older BnV shows. Whatever happend to Jez, and did Crumbley ever find the most racist game?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Listening to a lot of older BnV shows, and god, Crumbley is just an all together fascinating person.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
10-Count question: Is there anything in an explicit "non-comedy" skit that was relatively minor that you've found just completely hilarious even when other people didn't? Good examples would be Edge calling the people of Spokane "big fat failure turtles" or Emma tripping over the set during an NXT interview segment two weeks ago. I was just thinking of Vince's ringtone and it made me laugh in public.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

HulkaMatt posted:

No chance.

We found this out in a great segment where his phone goes off backstage and he shudders in shock and looks around wondering whose phone could be possibly going off, before realizing it's his own.

And the best part was that nobody else brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The whole Brent segment seemed really, really mean-spirited on the show. :( Aside from that, it was one of the better Christmas shows.

• Locked thread