Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

He's doubling down on hating wrestling and wrestlers. Has openly called out Daniels and The Bucks.

Also his tell for bullshit is the phrase, "I'm gonna be completely honest with you..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I'm tempted to grab the Cornette 1997 timeline video, the trailer was very tempting and I want to hear Jim Cornette yell about things that happened in 1997 for 3 hours.

Anyone seen it give it a thumbs up?

It's pretty good but nothing mindblowing or new comes out of it. It's Corny being Corny. The Sullivan one is the best I've seen so far.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vince Russo drinking game:

Drink for every "literally"
Drink for "I'm telling you the truth/I'm being honest with you"
Drink when he blames someone else
Drink when he contradicts himself

Last person who can see wins.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How's the Ivory 2001 WWF one? I feel like she's either got some real interesting fly on the wall stories or nothing worth a poo poo to say.

Also the Hogan/Russo kerfuffle is interesting because of how full of poo poo both are.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 17, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vince Russo genuinely believes ________ on a Pole is a funny idea that pops ratings.

Benne posted:

Jim Cornette is a weird case because he otherwise sounds like a progressive-forward guy, but his wrestling philosophy seems stuck in 20 years ago and he doesn't really know what wrestling crowds want in the 2010s. It makes for a very jarring listen.

His Fantasy Booking of the Invasion DVD is amazing because of this.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nash is cool.

I never want to watch a Kevin Nash match.

Wolfpac4life

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sipping red wine and listening to Depeche Mode with Big Sexy sounds like a die happy moment.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm not one to talk about getting stupid tattoos, but if you're getting a portrait, whether it's THAT or your dead grandma or whatever, do some research and find an artist who specializes in them for fucks sake.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's actually better if you have never seen Cornette Face because on that thing the lips look closed and if that were the case it'd be merely a 5/10 tattoo with a chin being pulled into an invisible black hole. Instead, I know that's supposed to be an open mouth and dear god what

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DynamiteKidd posted:

Not to pile on OSW reviews but jeez. Wathching some old ones, ey made a joke about Bad News Brown picking cotton and every time an Asian gentleman appears on a show he's called a Jap.

A lot of this stuff actually happens because they are ironically citing commentary from Gorilla Monsoon, etc. It's why they're so fond of the use of "He Pearl Harbor-ed him!" because if I remember correctly they were aghast when that came up for the first time. I think the picking cotton one is Piper?

It's probably not the best idea considering it's a running gag that without knowledge of earlier episodes makes them look real lovely but, hey, they're successful or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cardboard Box posted:

i believe that dave hates racism but he also believes that bill watts, noted racist, was not a racist

I just got the WWE Network and have been going through the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable and Bill Watts is on the "Soul of Wrestling" episode about black workers. :stare:

• Locked thread