Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The song of Todd singing Christian's theme was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Vinnie is my new favorite person ever. He finally said what I feel about all the music Vinnie plays. They all sound the same.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Bryan: Did you hear about this angle ROH is doing? RD Evans wrote about a steel chair moving at 88 mph having the potential to send someone back in time!!!!

Todd: *needlessly shits on the idea for 20 minutes*

Todd took it seriously while pointing out the holes in RD Evans' case. It wasn't him making GBS threads on it so much was it him pointing out the holes in the case. If you ever listened to like legal analysis on CNN, they would always have someone who just tore the case apart viciously. Todd was just playing that angle and I thought he was pretty drat good at it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

KIDNAPPING AN AUDIENCE MEMBER!?!? 10 POINTS!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I was laughing my rear end of at this. I can't believe that's really in the TNA Fantasy game.

Get The Pinfall: 1 Point
Ref Bump: 20 points
Kidnap Audience Member: 10 Points

Just loving bizarre.
I was listening to that and convinced that A) it wasn't real and B) someone had gotten a hold of our impact bingo cards.

Pipe makes an appearance? FIFTY POINTS!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"Have I ever mentioned they should just play this through all of Impact?"

Or even better than that.."GIRLS DON'T HAVE BALLS!"

Akileese fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 24, 2011

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Holy loving poo poo F4D with todd basically saying "all fighters can fight every three weeks." They argue this for a good 30 minutes. It's unbearable.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

CVagts posted:

Todd Martin argues a dumb point for an absurd length of time? Well I never.

(never listen to his shows, that is)

On the positive side, I was backing up some files on my computer, and I found that I had saved all the TNA Adrenaline Flushes and old B&V episodes (far from complete, just some 2009-10 shows that I liked) that I had downloaded. Good times.

Usually Todd just bullshits his way to a point and Bryan gives up but there was no way Bryan was agreeing with him that all fighters should just keep fighting until they physically break down (taking on fights every three weeks). It was the worst of Todd Martin.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So a bit late but did anyone listen to the observer radio with Luke from tough enough? I couldn't tell if he was just being in character or if the guy really is a douchebag. I'd say it's 50/50 either way.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Here is a link to the show download on the board. March 10th, 2010 B&V.

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94773

I've heard the single rant itself but never the entire show so this should be awesome.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

LordPants posted:

Did anyone else get a massive hard on for Lance Storm's booking on the latest show?

The thing I loved most about it was that before he got into booking 6 months ahead, it was actually something Vince would do. ADR would be a perfect corporate type champion, Vince would surely just fire Cena because he pissed him off and Rock could come back to cut a promo. Out of all the fantasy booking I've seen since Punk's promo, that I could actually believe.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ChampRamp posted:

Bryan acting like a complete idiot on WO today

Yeah he was way over the line today.

However, we get a golden gem! Observer call in chat! fantasy booking! This is probably going to be so hilarious it's worth subscribing for.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

It's up now even though the site isn't. Bryan uploaded it to THE BOARD which I guess is on a different server than the main site.

If you have the itunes feed it's also uploaded there too.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

I usually skip the call-in segments on The Law, but you guys made me go back and listen. Holy poo poo!

The good news is I'm now ready to pronounce this as the greatest angle ever: the smarks are buzzing, the marks are all riled up, everybody is talking and excited about what's going to happen. Great job all around.

We have to wait until Raw tonight to see if they follow through big time, or they get cold feet.

As for the table thing and Vince getting pissed off, an RKO is a weird move to break a table. It doesn't seem like something that's a surefire table collapsing move like a pedigree or chokeslam or something.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

Bryan: "Let's say Vince lives to be 150 years old...."
Dave, cutting him off: "Well, he's not going to. :geno: "

This gets posted every five or six pages and every time it does I laugh my rear end off. It's such a great moment.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

The first three episodes were on youtube for a bit, and might be still floating around on file sharing sites. I had no luck finding anything after that.

Yeah I get the feeling that it hasn't even been airing on TV in Canada in certain markets from the way Bryan and Vinnie were talking about it. I've been waiting to see the French Stallion episode for ages.

e: Hahahaha I'm listening to the B.S. Report and Punk taking pot shots at smarks saying "OH THEY'LL JUST RUIN IT NEXT WEEK!". Punk may actually read WH2K.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 27, 2011

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Beeswax posted:

:ughh:

Yes, and Jon Stewart is a goon

I wasn't actually serious. It's in the same context of "so and so must read WH2K based on the booking!"

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

LordPants posted:

My favorite part on the better than expected Todd Martin show has been this:

"Then Cole and Michaels went hunting sharks, and people were all like 'it's called fishing bryan.'"

:stare:

They called it shark hunting! :colbert:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

I would pay good money for an audiobook of Granny reading the phone book.

I don't usually listen to Granny segments but her trying to pronounce those names was fantastic.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dave Lagana had a pretty fantastic line about Vince today. He compared it to Steven Spielberg doing Jurassic Park.

"I dont like how the t-rex looked at me in catering. I'm going to job out the t-rex."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jeremiah was on Dave Lagana's podcast. I tried listening to it but god drat his voice bothers me so much.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Holy poo poo. Dave fell asleep and missed the observer radio tonight haha.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

The special guests are more frequent and less interesting and Formerly Creative is no longer a look inside the WWE creative process. It is just former writers talking about the current product and twitter with far more smugness than before. It seems like he burned through all of the writers he knows already and they've already told all of their good stories.

Well you can only bring on so many former writers who want to come on and talk about the product so that was a necessary change.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Oatgan posted:

USA either did an amazing job editing him, or Jeremiah went from being one of the more charismatic guys on Tough Enough to a black hole of likability barely able to form a sentence.

The best part is when he says that he didn't think Stone Cold even wanted to say anything negative about him, but only did it for the show.

After listening to Lance talk about world of hurt I'm convinced USA just did a great job editing him. They can pretty much do whatever the hell they please and I'm sure they did.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Roddy Piper on F4W today. Only 12 minutes though :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bryan was being especially stupid and idiotic on the breaking news podcast. He kept saying Joe Rogan wouldn't say stupid poo poo on Fox (I agree) that would get him fired, Dave brought up his twitter and him calling a reporter a oval office on it and Bryan pretty much brushed it aside as if things he said on the internet does not count. It got to the point where Dave just ignored him and moved on.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Shaman of Cum posted:

loving laughed so hard at the 'song' at the end of the shoutouts

That whole and entire last shout out was just amazing.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"Are you home?"
"When I said I was at the beach that indicated that I was not in fact at home."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

"After I teach that motherfucking cat how to walk on two legs, I'm gonna teach it how to run the ropes".

I may be the only one, but I legit :lol:'d at that line.

Bryan legitimately feeling he has a better chance of teaching his cat how to run the ropes than Kelly.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Todd Martin doing his best Allen Iverson impression. "We're not talking about a fight. We're talking about PRESSERS."

Of course Bryan would never get it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I'm behind on podcasts and I'm listening to the B and V with the Haikus. Good god that was awesome.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Perigryn posted:

The first time he said it, I thought I was hearing things but then he said it a few more times. Between TNA and WWE's creative being incompetant, it's no wonder he's got MMA to fall back on or else he'd go mad...

He sounded so excited talking about TUF today. Bryan wanted to move on and Dave is like "WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THE FIGHTS!" He just wanted to talk about what he enjoyed over terrible booking. Can't blame him really.

On that note, Cornette is supposed to be on the Observer today and I can't wait for it.

e: Cornette podcast is now live!

Akileese fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 23, 2011

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

"I finally figured out who Uncle Murda was."

I wish UWF had shows every week.

"I saw what I think was a drug deal in the park."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If you listened to the B and V show today. Dear god check the youtube video for bashful brother oswald - end of the world. That outfit + the pompador. Holy poo poo.

gently caress it. I'm including the link because I feel like if you don't see it you're missing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkfTvvcqghc

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"HORNSWAGGLE COMES OUT FROM UNDER THE RING!"
"Nobody cares. Move on."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

There's no people in Finland common now. :colbert:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Fauxhawk Express posted:

E: gently caress, I can't read.

The B&V Rewind for June '08 is hilarious and everyone should listen, what with the Kamala song and the $1M giveaway reviews.

Vinnie reviewing the bodyslam challenge was so fantastic.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

I decided to listen to the Gabe F4D and holy poo poo is he whiny. I can see being mad about piracy, but being mad because fans think the tickets are too expensive?

Nothing about this is shocking but is piracy for DGUSA even that rampant? I know it is for WWE and even TNA because they're on TV all the time but I honestly can't remember seeing a DGUSA show in any of the places you'd expect to see them.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

triplexpac posted:

The way Gabe talked about it, the problem is that the people who would normally order the DVDs over the internet are savvy enough to just torrent them.

So it's not that there are tons of people downloading Evolve events, but the small amount of people who would normally buy the DVD is even smaller now that a bunch of them are just downloading.

Plus he has a wife and a child to think about, and you are taking his child's future education away from him. He would also bring in Steve Blackman if people wouldn't download so darn much.

This entire argument is baseless because people who pirate things like indy wrestling are the people who don't buy anything at all. Then again, this is an argument that doesn't need to be brought up again.

So B & V today was fantastic. I've actually grown to enjoy the granny segments when I use to skip them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Wrestling Observer Live has a show on WCW

I thought it was pretty drat good given that it was loaded with commercial breaks and basically had an hour and twenty minutes. For a free show it's definitely worth a listen.

• Locked thread