Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Akileese posted:

He does it for that very reason I think. He likes to play the "Do you see what's wrong here?" bit. He's so good at it.

e: Oh my god, I never heard the TNA monday night right. This is absolutely epic. I finally get the gold boat reference.

And for those that don't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgK5GfoW1Dc

Just got done with the TNA rant, where I'd heard the gold boat part before but not the whole thing. Jesus that was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Something I feel is important to note; Attitude Era Podcast (the one everyone actually enjoys) isn't the one that's going to video podcasts. That would be the inferior Attitude Era Review, which is the one OSW Review retweets more often. Yes, there's two Attitude Era podcasts, and they vary greatly in quality. Apparently there's also one that's been doing WCW PPV reviews, but I can't find it at the moment.

The goons who are watching these weekly TNA PPVs should do one of these. I'd listen to it.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

VogeGandire posted:

Gah, you're right. drat it.

Because, yeah, Attitude Era Review isn't nearly as good.

I've not heard of the WCW one at all. Are you sure you're not just mixing them up with OSWReview, since their next episode is an episode of Thunder then Starrcade 2000?

Late on this response, but...no, actually! I went back into the OSW Twitter and found where Jay linked it;

http://placetobenation.com/category/podcasts/where-the-big-boys-play/

I haven't listened to any of them, but they're only into 1990.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
I've only seen a couple of references to it, but the New Generation Project Podcast is (now) a good review podcast. It's not AEP, but it's my second favorite of the genre (apparently there's a "Ruthless Aggression"-era cast). The first several episodes are very dry, because they haven't gotten down the rhythm and don't have any soundbites edited in. They're at the point where Nitro has just started, and the show's really come into its own. I'd definitely recommend it, but they don't start hitting their groove until KOTR 94.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

RBX posted:

Listening to the newest lapsed fan (it grew on me and as did his Vince impression tangents) really drives home how loving bad he was.

The Vince impressions are one of the few things (besides the Meltzer bits) that keep me coming back. I'm especially a fan of "Vince reading the paper" bits.

• Locked thread