Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Squall posted:

Oh god, that might just be worth subscribing alone.

I'm so loving happy I subscribed yesterday holy poo poo am I lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Perigryn posted:

The new Bryan and Vinny show is great, especially the tangent about Bryan's ability to deadlift 420lbs and measuring it up against Mark Henry's 1000lbs.

FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY POUNDS~!

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
DAVE's quote of the week "[John Cena]'s just not smooth... He's just not Keith Stone."

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

The Shaman of Cum posted:

i subbed in august 2009 i think, and dave took a real long time to get used to, you know?

Well that's just the nature of the beast, you know

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Capsaicin posted:

The best was when Dave told a guy complaining about the UFC coverage, "AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BREED THOUGH, IT'S COOL"

Just in case anyone missed it. (The guy Dave's responding to has a gimmick of having his posts in all-caps)

Dave 'Big Dave' Meltzer' posted:

SEPTEMBER 5 ISSUE

14 PAGES PRO WRESTLING 78%
4 PAGES MMA 22%

YOU GET A CHANCE TO READ IT EVERY WEEK AND YOU CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND SOMETHING AS BASIC AS THIS.

AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BREED WE'RE COOL, THO.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Wait wait wait... Todd actually argued that UFC doesn't want their fighters doing postmatch callouts? What?

Dave had pretty much the same reaction

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
Vinny is a boss.

Vinny V posted:

At this point Bryan Alvarez, professional newsletter writer, asked if this was an elimination match or if first pinfall won. I swear to God this happened. Forget for a second that Truth had already been pinned and the match had not ended. The loving name of this show is ELIMINATION chamber. This was such a draw-dropping moment of unabashed stupidity that I couldn't even concentrate on the match. My boss is dumb.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
If you want to hear Lance Storm calling a man a "loving retard" "piece of poo poo" and "complete dipshit" multiple times, then I'd say subscribing is a good idea.

quote:

Where was that in the update? I think I missed it

Dave 'Dave' Meltzer posted:

--For future consideration, if and when we do call-in shows, please have questions ready and if you don't have either a question or a comment regarding pro wrestling or MMA, please don't call.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
This one is still the best reference to John Cena on a non-wrestling podcast that I've ever heard

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

WWE's announcement of Bin Laden's death gets a segment on The Bugle podcast for The Times. You may recognise one of the voices as John Oliver from "The Daily Show"

http://tindeck.com/listen/nqkv

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

triplexpac posted:

That reminds me about how in one of the Observers this week, Bryan says the announcing in Elgin vs Steen added an extra star to the rating, and Dave just HAD to softly say half a star

I actually had to pause at that point because I couldn't stop laughing

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

sportsgenius86 posted:

A poster of The Beatles has randomly appeared in my room.

Top Ten WO moment of 2013, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
Very important update in today's WOR

quote:

a follow-up on Dave's mystery Beatles poster

• Locked thread