Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Deadpool posted:

There's no way that's real.

Deadpool. Open your heart. You know it could be true...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

Should we start predicting where tonight's Alvarez rant will fall in the F4W 2011 Top #50?

Honestly, I'm expecting a more "I'm dead inside and have to review this show because is it my job" than anything else.

I'm more interested in the seemingly common "thing that Meltzer thought was sorta good only because he loves wrestling more than any other human ever to live."

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

From his recap I do not think this is one of those nights. (Meltzer half liking the show that is.)

You are probably right.

Oh, and #3 is my guess.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Bald-n-Nekkid posted:

Gah! I have a physical reaction to that picture now.

My poor heart :smith:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

I just popped in here to post exactly what Deadpool posted.

I shouldn't be this jazzed for a loving wrestling podcast but I am.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Sue Denim posted:

I just listened to my first Bryan and Vinnie show ever and although the cat talk is odd I thought that it was fantastic.

Should I listen to the '10 Christmas show next? Or is that not a good choice for a second impression, does it involve any wrestling talk at all?

The whole point of the Christmas shows is debauchery and no wrestling talk at all, though some creeps in by accident.

If you want to hear them drunk and chat with Lance Storm for a while? Sure. But I'd just skim the archives.

Or, do what I do: listen to the Adrenaline Flush archives on THE BOARD until they are practically memorized.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

Or the dream of every man: a place you can be trolled by Lance Storm.

Once I was skimming threads in the PRO WRESTLING section of THE BOARD. I was reading some stupid comments by a random fool and suddenly I read a post with random stats in it that made sense.

The poster? A man simply known as "dave." I was greatly amused.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Borh posted:

Bryan and Dave in the same room, as opposed to doing the show over the phone, is always a good thing. There's a great dynamic between the two and Dave is not talking over Bryan as much as usual. I wish there was a way they could do the show this way more often.

This. Dave comes off as so much more likable to me when "in studio."

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

HOLY poo poo there is a video!?!

Astounding.

edit: also, the Flush archives apparently updated. Five new eps! (Sept 2010 thru Jan 2011).

Space Cob fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 6, 2011

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Oh my God "The Paper Bag Bandit" loving killed me

Bryan as a lovable drunken tramp is gold.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

This week's wasn't so bad because B&V sort of make their own fun along the way.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

WWE's announcement of Bin Laden's death gets a segment on The Bugle podcast for The Times. You may recognise one of the voices as John Oliver from "The Daily Show"

http://tindeck.com/listen/nqkv

I love the Bugle. This is excellent news.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

"aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

~Bryan Alverez, during the IMPACT WRESTLING review on the 5/20/11 Bryan & Vinny Show (56:30 in).

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

SPACE COB'S WO/F4W SUBSCRIPTION CYCLE:

Part One: Buy subscription for awesome radio shows.
Part Two: Month expires, decides to stay unsubscribed for a while to save money (what can I say? I'm cheap :)).
Part Three: Something big happens (Breaking News, Weekly Historically Horrible TNA Review)
Part Four: Resists urge to resubscribe.
Part Five: Hours later, resubscribes. Doesn't regret it.

Repeat. For I think at least 14 months now.

Worth it everytime. :)

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

I found it hilarious. The whole taking it seriously made it amazing.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

LordPants posted:

He has this incredible dead pan sarcasm that takes a while to get used to.

It seems easier to hear on the shows when both Dave and Bryan are in the same room. You can tell Bryan is watching Dave's face and is laughing along with him, despite Dave still sounding serious.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

LordPants posted:

Did anyone else get a massive hard on for Lance Storm's booking on the latest show?

Yes. :awesome:

Too bad I expect Cena to just win clean.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

My subscription lapsed and I'm still waiting on a paycheck from a month ago. What'd he have to say?

I'll do my best to summarize. Others, correct me if I gently caress something up. It sounds way better the way he explains it.

- At MITB, Punk beats Cena though a heelish tactic. No huge screwjob, but he cheated.

- Vince comes out and demands the Raw MITB winner (probably Del Rio) come out and take the title from Punk. Del Rio wins the belt and becomes McMahon's new big guy.

- Vince, with his new champion/title-savior, fires Cena anyway because he failed and Vince is evil like that ("you failed me you son of a bitch i don't need you")

- Cena defends himself against Vince being a dick. He says he thinks Punk should have got his shot and he gave everything he had. If it wasn't good enough for Vince, Vince can gently caress off.

- Very soon after, McMahon gets a phone call from the Rock where Rock is pissed Vince ruined his Wrestlemania match. Rock wants Cena and no one else. Rock shows up the next week and demands Cena be brought back, otherwise he is out of Mania.

- Vince is forced to bring Cena back. Cena cuts promo thanking the Rock and says his goal is to get the belt back before Mania.

- Cena feuds with Del Rio but keeps failing to get the title back. He keeps getting screwed.

- Royal Rumble rolls around. At some point, the belt is held up for some reason. It is decided that the Royal Rumble winner doesn't get the Mania shot, but the TITLE, like that one Flair Rumble.

- Vince draws the numbers. Screws Cena by making him Number 1. Cena fights the whole Rumble. Number 30 is PUNK, who eliminates him.

- Punk's challenger is determined by the Elim. Chamber. Cena goes on to fight Rock without the title.

Space Cob fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 9, 2011

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Gatts posted:

I thought the storyline had it that Cena vs the Rock for the title. It's not the same if it doesn't end with the title on the line. I'd rather see Cena chase after the title and keep his promise to the Rock.

I thought that too. I guess they could have Cena get the title in the chamber, finally beating Punk. But...I don't know. I'd rather the title not be in the Cena/Rock match.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

It's a great angle, but I did like the amendment of having ADR pull out of the MITB and have the winner of that match LOSE to Punk at the end of the show to pop the Chicago crowd and get everyone on the edge of their seat, then Vince uses ADR's win this week to send him out for Punk's third match of the night and win the title that way. Granted, that's more effective if Punk's coming back as a babyface.

Oh right. I forgot about that. I think it helps too.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

THANK YOU

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

It is asking me to log in and won't let me log in. HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT THIS SHOW I DID NOT SEE?

That isn't on this show.

That is Tuesday. Vinny Supremacy.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Sue Denim posted:

I'm on THE BOARD for the first time, where do I find the Adrenaline Flush compilations?

Are the any other essentials on the board like Adrenaline Flush or in the Archives?

Edit: I also want to listen to the shows with Bryan's creepy friend who had the dating video on youtube.

Go to the Radio Shows forum, it is the Audio Compilation Archive thread stickied at the top.

The friend is named Brent. Not sure what is the best way to get your fill of him.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Wasn't there an episode where they talked about his creepiness at Bryan's wedding? That would be a good one.

Oh yeah! I'm pretty sure one of the Bryan and Vinny Rewinds has a lot of him in it.

Actually, pretty much CTRL+F "Brent" and anything you find will be gold.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

He fretted over there not being enough weeks to get the streak to 28 before Wrestlemania 28. But I don't think he thought of PPVs. Plus, if you HAVE to do that, randomly have him do it on Raw.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Maybe after Snorki learns to run the ropes, she can then skin the cat :downs:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

If you listen to a show where both of them are in the same room and not doing the show over telephone, you can tell Dave gets the jokes. He just has such a dry sense of humor it doesn't always come through.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Saddest B&V show ever :(

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Dave ain't no Steven Wright, but hell, sometimes he has good ones :)

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what Volume the TNA Adrenealine Flushes are up to? :shobon:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Swagger Dagger posted:

Looks like 52, but that's from the OP and going through the last 3 pages of the compilation thread, so it's possible I missed something.

Aaah okay. Thanks :)

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Perigryn posted:

He survived! :D

Or Bigfoot got his phone :tinfoil:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

Dave says that the return of the hand was "SO STUPID."

Dave Meltzer is an idiot. :smith:

Something can be stupid and also quite funny :ssh:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

There was nothing but disdain in his voice.

I didn't quite get that, but you are probably right.

But this is Dave so...I don't know. I could see him just not bringing himself to laugh; his inner encyclopedia was short circuiting or something.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

The guy who writes the F4W/WO Raw Reports is great.

This Rob McCarron fellow posted:

Big Show out to open, mocking the people who tell him to watch out for the Brogue Kick. He says Sheamus is in over his head regarding the title match at Hell in a Cell. Big Show challenged Daniel Bryan, in an attempt to erase his forty-five second title loss last year to Bryan out of everyone's memory. Daniel Bryan, along with Kane and many others, was watching on a screen backstage and said he wouldn't accept the challenge. AJ, dressed like she was seconds away from going down on James Deen, forced him to wrestle, while Kane laughed at him.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

I have been listening to summer of 08 Adrenaline Flushes because I was in the mood to listen to rants about Samoa Joe: Terrible, Whiny, Yelling Babyface. I just came to a point where Bryan plays the song of them arguing over if 6 days and 20 hours is 6 or 7 days and I died. I forgot all about that.

Even when Vinny is right, he's wrong :smith:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

The Goog posted:

I'll put this on the list for the next 10 Count we do, which will be either this coming week or the week after that.

We're also going to be doing a post-Elimination Chamber podcast, AND we have a Hall of Fame podcast coming out as soon as HulkaMatt uploads it and posts the link.

:woop:

I loves me some random wrestlechats.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

I have a stupid question for the TEN COUNT~!

Some of the best entrance themes begin with a sound effect or sample: Steve Austin has glass shattering; Mick Foley has a car crash; The Rock has YIFF YA SMELLLL.

If you were a wrestler and got to choose what your "sound," what would it be?

Or, if this is too stupid/boring, what one wrestler today, more than anyone else, do you think would benefit from something like this?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

weekly font posted:

Hold on to your butts, the new Punchsport Podcast may be the best ever.

You got Banjo on~?!? :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

The part where you guys couldn't stop laughing at the thought of Rey 619-ing the Twin Towers almost made me cry while driving down a busy freeway.

You assholes are great.

• Locked thread