Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Cabana's podcast is great and free and I recommend it to anyone who likes interviews. Since he's friends with everyone he interviews (usually anyway) he gets to ask questions normal interviewers might not ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah I just burned through them myself and I find them pretty interesting. Lagana doesn't ask a lot of the questions I want answers to, but I guess he plans to have guests on a bunch of times to cover more material, so he's still finding his footing. Either way there is some interesting stuff there.

e: except for "15 Minutes" episodes because who gives a poo poo what fans think of wrestling, if I wanted to hear that I'd have my computer read the WWE Discussion thread out loud to me

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MassRayPer posted:

a new Formerly Creative is up with the Glass Eye Guy!

I thought this one was pretty good, Franciosi is a good storyteller. I don't know when the second half is coming out but I'm looking forward to it.

After cherry picking my way through Cabana's Art of Wrestling, I'm going back and listening to all of the episodes I skipped

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I decided to check out the Observer podcasts.

Bryan: "Since there was one giant Pangaea, nothing has been worse than this."

Okay I'm in.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sweet, a podcast that has former WWE creative members on it? And I get to pay for it? Waaait a minute, I'll just listen to Formerly Creative.

Speaking of which on the latest episode they talk about how WWE might have done Wargames if not for 9/11. :911:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Akileese posted:

Wait was this because Hassan was supposed to be involved?

No it was because 9/11 happened. They didn't want to do something called "War Games" right after the start of a war.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Could be. Also Lagana is starting to get better as an interviewer, I think he's suffering from the fact that he doesn't really know what he's doing, but he'll get better. I think Cabana is becoming a better interviewer, too, but I know AOW isn't for everyone.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

For some reason my iTunes is telling me that there's a problem downloading WO podcasts (I only get the free ones) and I don't know why, I deleted it and re-subbed but it's still having the same issue. Any ideas?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

elf help book posted:

Is there a RSS feed for f4w's free shows only?

I was subscribed to the free shows on iTunes but it stopped working so I just deleted it and stopped bothering with the podcast.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Because you signed up for an account?

No. I can barely keep up with the podcasts I already listen to (mostly not wrestling related) so paying money for WO doesn't make sense to me - I like it, but I don't have time to listen to the thirty shows they put out a week, so I wouldn't feel like I was getting my money's worth when I have other podcasts I like more that don't cost me anything.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ever since I heard weekly font has an Alkaline Trio tattoo I always imagined he looked like Jimmy Jacobs, probably because of all the Jimmy Jacobs avatars. it is good to know he also sounds like Jimmy Jacobs.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

every time one of you says "Elgin" with a soft g I want to turn the podcast off. Please Stop That

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

okay I listened to the whole thing with a few breaks. I think it was too long and that one guy needs to shut up but overall I think you guys did a great job, weekly font does a great job getting things back on track after somebody rambles, and "free ax" at the end made me lol

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I have always heard Elgin pronounced with a hard g, as in girl, not ell-gin (like gin, the booze). Including from Michael Elgin, the dude whose name it is.

Here's a (bad) promo where he says his name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKQn0Wm5Js
Or another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHX_dQHHmI

:colbert:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jay Lethal: "We're just admirers of meerkats!"

AOW is still my favorite wrestling podcast.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Cut those balls off for your wrestling statement.

I wish this was the subtitle of this forum

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The AOW podcast with Steen is awesome just for the story about Franky The Mobster at the beginning.

I fuckin' hate Franky the Mobster, he sucks, but that story was funny.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Loved today's AOW.

"You're standing in my kitchen."
"Oh, I uh, didn't think anyone would notice."

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Chris Hero's Scott Steiner story is #1 and the best.

His Claudioisms at the very end were my favorite.

"Oh yeah? Yeah?! Well, nice tank top, short hair."

"Hey Chris, do you want to go get a waterlemon?"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Lloyd Boner posted:

This week's guest on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast:

:siren: Zack Ryder :siren:

woo woo woo you know (I'm downloadin') it, BRO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If you don't like Colt's "Live from the Studio"

"... apartment" line, or "For Colt Cabana, I'm... Colt Cabana" line, you are a Dumb Jerk who Doesn't Like Funny

• Locked thread