Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yes his act is very appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

randombattle posted:

Wait isn't that the definition of sparking something? Like he was literally the spark that lit the already gas soaked nation to create flames of rebellion?

Not to sperg out or anything, but he was the symbolic spark that ignited the protests. Literal means he was actually a spark. More apropos: Metaphorically, he was the spark that lit the already gas soaked nation to create flames of rebellion.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

He totally was both metaphorically and literally the spark that light the fire of revolution.

quadratic posted:

Add Djibouti to the list. (AJE)

quote:

Thousands of demonstrators have rallied in the East African nation of Djibouti to demand that president Ismail Omar Guelleh resign, the latest in a series of demonstrations spurred on by political protests across Africa and the Middle East.

Amid a tight police deployment, the demonstrators gathered at a stadium on Friday with the intention of staying there until their demands were met.

But the demonstration escalated into clashes after dusk, as authorities used batons and tear gas against stone-throwing protesters.

Guelleh has served two terms and faces an election in April, but critics are concerned by changes he made to the constitution last year that scrapped a two-term limit.

Officials from the Union for Democratic Change, an umbrella group of three opposition parties, gave speeches at Friday's demonstration calling for Guelleh to step down.

The group's leader, Ismael Guedi Hared, told the AFP news agency before the demonstration that Guelleh should leave power and called for a sustained protest movement.

"For the moment, our goal is to remove Ismael Omar Guelleh from power," he said.
All this stuff is really inspiring to see and hear about. Maybe the horrible world we live in isn't so horrible after all...

It's just a shame there isn't a way to help everyone fight for what they want with out mass slaughter.. There isn't any way a nation will step in to help and with out that the only support that can be given is after the revolution is over. It's just awful though that all the nations with the ability to actually do something care more about maintaining their loving image with the people murdering protesters in the street then actually stepping up doing whats right.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Neato, one of the Wikileaks cables says that the US was looking for derogatory information on the Bahraini King's sons:

quote:

The office of Hillary Clinton, the Secretary of State, wanted to know if Prince Nasir bin Hamad al Khalifa or Prince Khalid bin Hamad al Khalifa took drugs, drank alcohol or "caused problems" within the monarchy.
Embassy staff in the Bahraini capital of Manama were also asked whether the princes had any friends among the country's Shia Muslim majority, which is behind this week's protests against the minority rule of the Sunni regime.

The article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8331374/WikiLeaks-US-wanted-derogatory-information-on-Bahrain-kings-sons.html

and the cable:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wikileaks-files/8331622/SNF-BAHRAIN-EMERGENT-PRINCES-NASIR-AND-KHALID.html

I find it interesting that Wikileaks has slowed down on posting the cables so much that if the newspapers want to talk about a specific cable, they've got to release it themselves.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Apology posted:

quote:

Embassy staff in the Bahraini capital of Manama were also asked whether the princes had any friends among the country's Shia Muslim majority, which is behind this week's protests against the minority rule of the Sunni regime.

A bit simplistic... Not entirely wrong, but painting it in solely sectarian terms misses the point.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

New Guardian Live Blog

quote:

Good morning, this is David Batty with today's liveblog on the continuing unrest in the Arab world and Middle East. The death toll is spiralling as security forces in Libya and Bahrain crack down on popular protests.

Here are the main developments overnight and this morning:

• Libyan security forces killed 35 people in the eastern city of Benghazi last night, according to Human Rights Watch. This brings the death toll from three days of protests in the east of Libya to 84, according to the New York-based group. Eyewitness accounts given to news agencies suggest the total could be significantly higher.

• Libya's main internet service provider, General Post and Telecommunications Company, has largely cut off access to the internet. Al-Jazeera says its Arabic news channel is being jammed on several frequencies.

• Bahrain's main Shia opposition group has rejected King Hamad's offer of national dialogue to end the violent unrest in the Sunni-ruled Gulf state. At least 50 people were wounded on Friday in the capital, Manama, following the funerals for four protesters killed on Thursday

quote:

Libyan special forces have stormed a protest camp in the eastern city of Benghazi, the Associated Press reports. At 5am special forces are said to have attacked hundreds of protesters, including lawyers and judges, who have been camped out for the past two days in front of the courthouse in city, which has been a focus for the anti-government unrest.

One protester who spoke to the news agency said he feared the security forces were stepping up their brutal crackdown:

quote:

They fired teargas on protesters in tents and cleared the areas after many fled carrying the dead and the injured. This is a ghost city; we are all afraid that something big is going to happen in Benghazi today.

Last night Libya started closing down the internet, and cutting off outside communication, much like the Egyptian government did before it tried to murder the protesters, and it looks like this morning they are doing so.

AJE also has a Live Blog

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
An article on the civilian massacre:

Click here for the full 667x500 image.

quote:

"We decided to walk to the hospital because we knew there was a demonstration. Some of us were carrying tree branches as a token of peace which we wanted to give to the soldiers near the square, and we were shouting 'peace, peace. There was no provocation – nothing against the government. Then suddenly the soldiers started shooting. One was firing a machine gun from the top of a personnel carrier. There were police but they just left as the soldiers shot at us. But you know, the people in Bahrain have changed. They didn't want to run away. They faced the bullets with their bodies."

With regards to the Saudis,

quote:

Why has the royal family of Bahrain allowed its soldiers to open fire at peaceful demonstrators? To turn on Bahraini civilians with live fire within 24 hours of the earlier killings seems like an act of lunacy.

But the heavy hand of Saudi Arabia may not be far away. The Saudis are fearful that the demonstrations in Manama and the towns of Bahrain will light equally provocative fires in the east of their kingdom, where a substantial Shia minority lives around Dhahran and other towns close to the Kuwaiti border. Their desire to see the Shia of Bahrain crushed as quickly as possible was made very clear at Thursday's Gulf summit here, with all the sheikhs and princes agreeing that there would be no Egyptian-style revolution in a kingdom which has a Shia majority of perhaps 70 per cent and a small Sunni minority which includes the royal family.

source

The article also mentions how the government/royal family is getting Sunnis from around the region to come in and hold pro-government rallies. They even had a truck with the logo of the interior ministry handing out bottles of water. I know it's been said before, but they really are using the same playbook as Mubarak to deal with the protesters, except that the army is taking side here.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The videos of the protesters being murdered in Bahrain should be at the top of the OP, they are loving disgusting.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Brown Moses posted:

The videos of the protesters being murdered in Bahrain should be at the top of the OP, they are loving disgusting.

I heard on the BBC World Service that the protesters returned to the spot shortly afterwards, to pray for the dead, and the army shot into the crowd again while they were praying :gonk:. 50 people wounded, death toll not yet known. A loving travesty. It's a shame that our government is not completely denouncing this behavior. I mean, I realize that the geopolitical situation is more complex than many people like to think, but it's so god drat sad and frustrating to see these far away people spilling their blood so that they no longer live under the thumb of autocracy, from the perspective of a country where people once had to do the same and have seemingly forgotten.

Dabadu
Feb 4, 2011

Brown Moses posted:

Some asshat royal douche said in a statement (clip on AJE) that there had been no fiering of weapons.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Dabadu posted:

Some asshat royal douche said in a statement (clip on AJE) that there had been no fiering of weapons.

Was this the same asshat royal douche who said that the king would be willing to open dialogue with the protesters if they would clear the streets, only hours after slaughtering scores of unarmed citizens with assault rifles?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
That royal douche has told the army and police to back off though, so protestors have taken back pearl r/a

edit: some libyan army supporting protestors, libya importing soldiers from other african countries to kill protestors.

what happened to the twitter page of IckyEtardo/middle-east-news, anyone know?

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 19, 2011

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Apology posted:

I find it interesting that Wikileaks has slowed down on posting the cables so much that if the newspapers want to talk about a specific cable, they've got to release it themselves.

I think Wikileaks is dead in the water. I think someone behind closed doors must have done some damage to prevent the BoA files release. Between the cut in funding and assange's trial, it all seems to have spluttered into nothing.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
People are trying to organize in China now. It's going to be pretty hard there with the internet issues.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41678825/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Jut posted:

I think Wikileaks is dead in the water. I think someone behind closed doors must have done some damage to prevent the BoA files release. Between the cut in funding and assange's trial, it all seems to have spluttered into nothing.

Dunno about the BOA thing but they are still churning out embassy cables daily.

For The World
Oct 10, 2005
There's no truth in comfort.
So, from reading this link: http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=227130&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter I stumbled upon this news article:

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=227205

quote:

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - A Cairo court on Saturday approved the establishment of an Egyptian political party that has been trying to secure an official license for 15 years, judicial sources said.

The Wasat Party (Center Party) has applied four times for an official license since the 1990s. Saturday's ruling made it the first party to gain official status since President Hosni Mubarak was toppled on February 11. The ruling will allow the Wasat Party, founded by a former member of the Muslim Brotherhood, to take part in forthcoming elections.

So I became curious and decided to look for more information about the Wasat Party. I found this:

http://egyptelections.carnegieendowment.org/2010/09/16/center-al-wasat-party

It seems as though it might be an ok sort of political party that would, on the face of it, have the best interests of all Egyptians (not just Muslims) towards the top of their "to-do" list.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Jackie Roland is getting a well deserved rest in Paris covering G20 after her adventures in Cairo :3:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Quote of the day from Libya:

quote:

I saw with my own eyes a tank crushing two people in a car. They hadn't done any harm to anyone.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I may be concerned over the US getting hosed out of an important base, but you know what? An entire nation gaining democracy is more important. Go Bahrainian people.

Christ, the video of the dudes getting shot. :smith:

I really hope this leads to a new era of peaceful, non-fundamentalist democracies in the middle east, but I doubt that will happen.

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!
Caught this here.

Gadhafi's regime, however, has sought to portray a different picture of events and sent out tacit warnings via mobile phone texts to Libyans planning to make their voices known.

"The inappropriate use of telecommunications services contradicts our religion ... our customs ... and our traditions," said a text from the General Communications Body.

Yes, the shame those protesters should feel for all that inappropriate texting and tweeting.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

From Kristof's twitter who's in the square right now.

Easty
Sep 25, 2008

Spiky Ooze posted:

People are trying to organize in China now. It's going to be pretty hard there with the internet issues.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41678825/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

Hmmm... https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150103856062290&id=105759983026

One of these places is near me. Tempted to go and look... probably won't amount to much, but I'm curious.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fo3 posted:

what happened to the twitter page of IckyEtardo/middle-east-news, anyone know?

It's still there, it's just been renamed a little:

http://twitter.com/#!/list/IckyEtardo/middle-east-africa-news

Edit:

Apparently the unrest has spread to Kuwait:

quote:

KUWAIT Feb 19 (Reuters) - Kuwaiti police fired teargas at hundreds of stateless Arabs demanding citizenship in a second day of protests in a village outside the OPEC member's capital on Saturday, a human rights activist said.

Around 300 stateless protesters clashed with police, who fired teargas in the As-Salbiya village outside Kuwait City, injuring around seven people according to witnesses.

It was the second protest in the oil-producing Gulf Arab state since a wave of unrest inspired by turmoil in Tunisia and Egypt began sweeping across the Middle East in January.

Maha al-Barjas, vice president of the Kuwait Human Rights Society, said seven people had been wounded in the clashes.

On Friday, more than 1,000 stateless had demonstrated in Jahra, northwest of Kuwait City, demanding citizenship Barjas said between 100 to 140 people were arrested in that clash, but most were released on Saturday.

The stateless Arabs, longtime residents of Kuwait known as bedoun from the Arabic "bedoun jinsiyya" (without nationality), were demanding citizenship, free education, free healthcare and jobs, benefits available to Kuwaiti nationals.

Many of Kuwait's stateless are descendants of desert nomads denied citizenship under strict nationality laws in the small Gulf state, whose citizens are entitled to generous welfare benefits. (Reporting by Kuwait newsroom; Writing by Martina Fuchs; Editing by Alison Williams)

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFLDE71I0GT20110219?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

And apparently Algeria is active:

quote:

@Dima_Khatib
Dima Khatib أنا ديمة
Algerian Association for Human Rights: 5000 protesters took part in today's demo in Algiers #algeria #feb12

Unfortunately most of the news about Algeria is in Arabic, so this terse little note is the best I can provide.

And video of a dead African mercenary found in Libya:

WTH THIS IS SO GROSS--> :nms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GEeWlPel-o&feature=player_embedded :nms: <--DON'T WATCH THIS GROSS poo poo SRSLY MAN

Apology fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 19, 2011

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Updates!

guardian posted:

• Libyan security forces killed 35 people in the eastern city of Benghazi last night, according to Human Rights Watch. This brings the death toll from three days of protests in the east of Libya to 84, according to the New York-based group. Eyewitness accounts given to news agencies suggest the total could be significantly higher.

• Libya's main internet service provider, General Post and Telecommunications Company, has largely cut off access to the internet. Al-Jazeera says its Arabic news channel is being jammed on several frequencies.

• Bahrain's main Shia opposition group has rejected King Hamad's offer of national dialogue to end the violent unrest in the Sunni-ruled Gulf state. At least 50 people were wounded on Friday in the capital, Manama, following the funerals for four protesters killed on Thursday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/feb/19/libya-bahrain-protests-live-updates

Also,

NY times posted:

CAIRO - Hundreds of thousands of Egyptians poured into downtown Cairo's main square Friday to celebrate the ouster of former president Hosni Mubarak and press the country's military chiefs to steer the country toward democratic reform.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/18/AR2011021801336.html

I'm kind of surprised by the protests spreading to Djibouti, a city state, while being very much Muslim and Arab influenced, but solidly seen as African as well. This spotlights the shakiness of neighboring autocracies Eritrea and Ethiopia.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's spreading to everywhere now: add Kashmir to the list.

quote:

Srinagar: To press the demand of job regularization, members of All Jammu and Kashmir, technical and non-technical HDFC association, Saturday, held protest demonstrations, here at city centre Lal-chowk.

Scores of members of (AJKTNTA) this afternoon appeared at Press Enclave here and held a massive anti-government protest to press the demand of job regularization to all the 1500 technical and non-technical employees, working in different hospital across the valley.

Raising slogans “We want justice” the protesters said they have been working in the health sector from last 8 years on temporary basis.

A temp for EIGHT YEARS?!? Yeah, uh, that really sucks. Good luck Kashmiri dudes.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

A captured, well I'm not exactly sure, some sort of "anti-tank" weapon, in al-Bayda, Libya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ZkHP1s-I

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Apology posted:

Unfortunately most of the news about Algeria is in Arabic, so this terse little note is the best I can provide.

There's a website called Algeria-Watch that seems pretty useful. There's been a ton of articles posted recently in the French section, but the English one seems to have been largely ignored for the past few days unfortunately.

e: Apparently there's an Algerian group called Mothers of the "Disappeared" :smith:

Narmi fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 19, 2011

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Xandu posted:

A captured, well I'm not exactly sure, some sort of "anti-tank" weapon, in al-Bayda, Libya.

Looks like a recoilless rifle technical.

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax

Xandu posted:

I added a bunch of pictures and videos in the D&D thread, Here's the post. This video especially is worth watching. Very graphic at end, clash between protesters and army in al-Badya, Libya.

:nms: :nws: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=103475683065662&oid=179449562095105&comments :nms: :nws:

edit: very very graphic, a guy gets his head shot off.

gently caress ME GENTLY WITH A CROWBAR.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Ogive posted:

gently caress ME GENTLY WITH A CROWBAR.

I'll wait until youtube gets this, I don't have a facebook account.
Or is it on liveleak yet? Had to be the first site to get it, right?

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Shageletic posted:

I'm kind of surprised by the protests spreading to Djibouti, a city state, while being very much Muslim and Arab influenced, but solidly seen as African as well. This spotlights the shakiness of neighboring autocracies Eritrea and Ethiopia.

Djibouti isn't really arab influenced, the population consists of Somalis and an Afar large minority, both being African ethnic groups. Their grievances are mainly the huge unemployment rate (over 50% afaik) with many jobs going to western expats instead of locals, and the widespread government corruption.
In Eritrea I don't think theres any chance for protests since the regime there is north korea level repressive, all media is state owned and president Afewerki uses the hate towards Ethiopia to keep the population united under him.
In Ethiopia a revolution would turn into a civil war and the country would disintegrate since it's a country made up of about 80 very different ethnic groups that would rather join countries inhabited by their own people (Ogaden would join Somalia, Gambela would go to South Sudan) or declare independence rather than staying under the current Tigrayan/Amharic rule.
And in both Eritrea and Ethiopia internet penetration is very low even by African standard (Ethiopia has 500.000 internet users for a population of 80 million, while for example Nigeria has 50 million internet users out of ~150 million) so you won't see the same facebook/twitter coordination as in Tunisia or Egypt.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Paradox Personified posted:

I'll wait until youtube gets this, I don't have a facebook account.
Or is it on liveleak yet? Had to be the first site to get it, right?

Here you go, but again, it's pretty awful. :nws:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDcrb-EwbM

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Xandu posted:

Here you go, but again, it's pretty awful. :nws:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDcrb-EwbM

XausF1 posted:

From Kristof's twitter who's in the square right now.
My god this event is everything right and wrong with humanity at the same time.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lil sartre posted:

Djibouti isn't really arab influenced, the population consists of Somalis and an Afar large minority, both being African ethnic groups. Their grievances are mainly the huge unemployment rate (over 50% afaik) with many jobs going to western expats instead of locals, and the widespread government corruption.
In Eritrea I don't think theres any chance for protests since the regime there is north korea level repressive, all media is state owned and president Afewerki uses the hate towards Ethiopia to keep the population united under him.
In Ethiopia a revolution would turn into a civil war and the country would disintegrate since it's a country made up of about 80 very different ethnic groups that would rather join countries inhabited by their own people (Ogaden would join Somalia, Gambela would go to South Sudan) or declare independence rather than staying under the current Tigrayan/Amharic rule.
And in both Eritrea and Ethiopia internet penetration is very low even by African standard (Ethiopia has 500.000 internet users for a population of 80 million, while for example Nigeria has 50 million internet users out of ~150 million) so you won't see the same facebook/twitter coordination as in Tunisia or Egypt.

Isn't there a large Yemeni population there? As well as sheesha places and other things emblematic of Arabic countries? I wasn't saying that they were Arabs, but you see pieces of Arabic culture floating there, down to Oman chips (which are delicious, by the way) and Arabic television.

As far as your read on Ethiopia and Eritrea, I think you're correct. Having just left the region (last fall), I can tell you that people there (city dwellers lucky enough to have internet) are practically glued to Facebook. And a lack of internet access didn't do anything to stop the student protests of 05 in Ethiopia (brutally suppressed). Its PM and the rest of his party must be sweating in their boots right now.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

My god this event is everything right and wrong with humanity at the same time.

Why, what's wrong with it?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

ChaosSamusX posted:

Why, what's wrong with it?

Protesters being shot to death and crushed to death by tanks.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Xandu posted:

SPG-9 73mm recoilless rifle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc9-MkCxq5c

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Nenonen posted:

SPG-9 73mm recoilless rifle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc9-MkCxq5c

Too small. It's probably a M40 105mm recoiless rifle, note the spotting rifle on top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_recoilless_rifle

Here's hoping nobody is actually getting anything like that shot at them.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 19, 2011

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Bahrain: Protesters retake the main square of Manama, Pearl Roundabout. Government is reneging on it's position and voicing the same rhetoric that Egypt's Sulaman stated: that those responsible for the peaceful protest deaths will be held accountable. Apparently the govt is retracting from it's hostile stance and taking a diplomatic position. Whether or not this is pandering to world press is unclear. Time will tell.

It's possible that these regimes are learning, and rather than squashing the revolt, which Egypt learnt was not a possibility due to media observance and global pressure, they are considering accepting that democracy in some form is inevitable so they are embracing it out of fear. (Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic.)

Imagine you are an autocrat, all these similar and nearby countries falling to demonstrations and the determination of the people, only growing stronger through violence of the govt, and the fortitude the people present; you would think, 'oh poo poo'. Self preservation is key to these dictators. Especially when they have no true ideals, shown through their eagerness to kill their own people for power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/world/middleeast/20protests.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast...+Top+Stories%29

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...nternational%29

http://english.aljazeera.net//news/middleeast/2011/02/201121914336940622.html

I'm glad the US, and similar democratic nations that have a somewhat free media are able to, both through diplomatic and economic ties, pressure these countries into not outright participating in genocide of its people, for what would certainly be a solution if not for these factors, a truth no matter how much people rightfully or extraordinarily defame the US and co.

Lascivious Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
One thing I want to know is, how many police officers will refuse to fire on unarmed civilians if they are ordered to? Surely a whole lot of them can look at that crowd and not see a faceless crowd, but rather a bunch of people who could easily be their family and friends. It's a small country after all.

• Locked thread