Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Envoy from Bahrain to the United States.

"Proportional force was used."

JESUS loving CHRIST. How can you say that with a straight face when that youtube video is all over loving CNN now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The only thing a NATO No-fly zone is going to accomplish is that Gaddafi's pilots are going to get into the air, and immediately punch-out over the ocean. I think most of them remember what happened to Saddam's pilots when they refused to take off against American F-15s.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Is anyone else slightly concerned that MQ might choose to go out in a blaze of glory, and up-end his chemical weapon stocks? If he even has access to them anymore? It's known he has stock-piles of mustard gas left over from the bad old days.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

farraday posted:

The idea of bond villianing his way out of this is perfectly Hollywood. No doubt the movie will end with a commando raid on his hideout where they have to stop him from setting off a chemical weapon IED in Martyr Square as the rebels enter it.

Alex Crawford should head off with her pickup truck and liberate her colleagues in Rixos with a huge smug rear end grin.

Mind you we did have the same concern with Saddam, and he ended up huddled in a cave with a huge loving beard. But MQ seems like he absolutely will not give up power under any circumstances, and I am slightly concerned he might go out on the "gently caress y'all bitches." approach.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

:stare:

Killied. Like, gosh guys. He killied people.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mr.Showtime posted:

I specifcally mentioned the UN and NATO, not just the US. France was actively involved in keeping from the UN and the Secretary General what was going on until it was too late, acting as a go between between the UN Secretary General's office and the Habyarimana regime and then tied the hands of the security council.

Clinton has a whole host of other things to answer for, since both his and the Bush administration helped to train the RPF. TO say that there was no strategic interest at play though is probably worded wrong at best in the Guardian article. There was a strategic interest, it simply wasn't large enough to save a million people. The RPF was going to win, so American interests were largely protected.

Anyway, as you said this derail shouldn't be in this thread.

Go rebels!

Not to mention France had a history of backing the Hutu led government. When it comes to Africa, the French and Belgians have a recent history of being absolute cocksuckers.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Goddammit this is the perfect place for a UN Security force. A large, well armed force to disarm different rebels, ensure security in larger cities and restore infrastructure. Of course that will never happen because the UN is pretty much useless in these situations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

LYE-OONS posted:

Did you notice the ordering of that post? Supposedly shot comes last, because it has not yet been confirmed if he was actually executed or if that wound on his face was from the prior gunfire (or shrapnel!). Hell, he might have been beaten to death. It is all conjecture at this point. Don't be an idiot.

Actually, according to CNN the autopsy confirmed he died of a bullet to the head. Unknown whether it was random gunfire or execution.

What happened to Ghadaffi in Sirte is exactly what would have happened to Saddam if Kurds had gotten ahold of him. Actually, they might have tried to feed Saddam some Sarin first.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Stalinists are retarded.

Maoists are even more retarded.

Retarded, deluded and blind. They are, in my opinion, as bad as Holocaust deniers. Absolutely refusing to admit that the people who's cult of personality you are subscribing to were insane mass murderers (And in Mao's case, a rampant pedophile) is a sign of pure delusion.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Grazing Occultation posted:

Just heard this on NPR: banned crazy person Caro interviewed by NPR's Libya correspondent.

HOLY gently caress ME RUNNING.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Ten years marksman experience! People think he might be a CIA agent!

:stare:

He's living his dream. His crazy, crazy, conspiracy-fueled dream. Now the CIA really is after him.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Charliegrs posted:

Maybe chaff? I think chaff is made up of long fibrous metal hairs, designed to be deployed from aircraft to thwart SAM missiles. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Chaff is metallic. I'd be willing to bet that's either wadding or something from para flares.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

More from the "Weapons You'd Expect To See In Fallout 4" folder, a very unsafe shoulder mounted mortar launcher, watch the last 30 seconds in particular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQuRqD9EaD4

Amazing. They've re-invented one of the worst weapons of WW2, the Projector, Infantry, Anti-Tank (PIAT).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

farraday posted:

Yes. They started using flares on attack runs with consistency. I doubt its because of active attack, I think they are just afraid there might be a MANPAD since their attack runs are when they are most vulnerable.

That's standard procedure for NATO CAS aircraft. Come in for strafing/bomb run, peel off hard while punching off flare/chaff.

You see it in A-10 strafing videos all the time.

• Locked thread