Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I am in Tripoli, Libya right now and seems like things are escalating from "nothing to see here, move along" to "oh poo poo, hope i can catch next flight to not-loving-here" pretty fast. There is only two internet providers here and both of their main services are down or keep going on and off. Right now, i am using a very lovely 3G and seems like the main system is down.

Facebook and Twitter is unreachable right now. I keep hearing that expats here taking sudden "vacations" from their jobs and everything. On the other hand, right here everything seems alright around here. Everyone is confused and right now only place out is either from Tripoli airport and Tunusia border so, well, wait and see i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I'll try to get a date for my open ticket tomorrow because our Libyan guy who handles work visas and stuff sounded very grim about things in Binghazi. People at Tripoli say there are lots of pro-goverment rallies, expat "news" circle has nothing solid but i am safe-ish right now.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Welp, following twitter through google live feed and seems like there is some action going on around Tripoli. Though at this point it is impossible to tell the difference between facts and pure bullshit.

I'll try to sleep now and hope that no one will decide to burn the house i am living with other expats. I am not sure what to do at this point, if you are working as an expat in Libya you should notify the government like 2 weeks ago to get an "exit visa". Unless you don't have that visa you can't go out unless deported for other reasons. I still have a tourist visa and exit visa, though it is invalid since i missed the exit date because of work (i have to pay 500 dinars fine but still leave the country, hopefully).

Lets see what happens in the morning, thanks for your concern guys.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Hey guys, i just entered home and trying to follow the news right now. It was a goddamn horror ride for me but i am safe and sound now, i literally feel like a movie protagonist jumping out from a window of building rigged with explosives before everything blew.

Jesus H. Christ man, what a week.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I simply can't belive we were having a birthday party in Rixos hotel seven months ago and thinking like "protests in Benghazi? IN LIBYA?!" and now the Fuhrerbunker is besieged.

The complex is surrounded by miles long concrete walls, two stories high, dotted with machine gun nests, concrete roadblocks and god knows what inside. Nowhere near something that can endure heavy weapons fire or airstrikes but it is an imposing structure nevertheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

edit: beaten with actual numbers.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 23, 2011

• Locked thread