Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007
Sycophant, unless you don't want me to be

BCR posted:

Generalizations ahoy! I don't think this is a 100% it, but something like 75% of the situation.

The Arabs has a huge youth population bubble that's unemployed

The Arab's highest political unit is the tribe.

I think that you're going to get continuing higher levels of unrest for a couple of decades until this bulge gets into their 30s.

Strongman of the tribe gets control of the seat of government and the tax money, showers it into his faction/tribe until the money runs out/fails to give the tribe enough money, etc and is replaced by another strongman.

I see it as fighting over a desk job with aircon in the Ministry of Something, rather than raging for democracy now.

I can't see them developing jobs any other way. Corruption, lack of responsibility (the jews made me strip the copper from the traffic lights), lack of imagination (able to adapt western technology but not create any), with gently caress you got mine tribalism on top. They have some big cultural road blocks.

^^^^

This is basically what we mean when we say conservatives. You know, racists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread