Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

You, Sir, are UNAmerican!

Craiglen posted:

Why aren't there more people in this thread?

Friday evening. Some people either go out and have a social life or hunker down for a poopsock-worthy MMPORG weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

BCR posted:

You don't see Obama appointing his entire family to be heads of the Army, Police, different ministrys, and using the secret police to remove anyone who protests.

No, just major political donors who have no diplomatic credentials get cushy ambassadorial posts like Luxembourg.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Oppressed peoples of the world are figuring out that there are MORE of them than ANY autocrat can hire of soldiers or gestapo.

These are people making the choice to live and die on their feet rather than just scrape by existing, on their knees.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Lascivious Sloth posted:

I recall he did a complete 180 in his views a few days before Mubarak stepped down, but I can't cite exactly. All I remember is that he made some comments that were ridiculously counter to his initial stance, and completely retarded in reasoning.

Yeah - McCain's famous for his 20/20 hindsight.

Why, just two years ago, he stood adamantly on the position that Generalissimo Francisco Franco should relinquish power in Spain.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

tetsul posted:

Can anyone translate?

No, but they're not the only ones who can p-shop.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Gadaffi will like run to France or Italy, where he can live in exile in luxury.

Why do I get the feeling that Muamar and Sylvio would get along like franks & beans?

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Gaddafi's son is named Hanibal :wtc:

It's like he's actively trying to create an evil villain image for himself.

The original Hannibal, I think. A hero to the Carthaginians.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

If Gaddafi goes it'll spur on protesters in other countries even more.

I bet this is the first time Barack O'Bama and Hillary Clinton have been rooting for Qaddafi.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Now he's talking about African illegal immigrants causing trouble.

Yeah, those foreign mercenaries do that. :rolleyes:

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

I think he's really high.

I know I'D BE, if my entire world were crumbling like his is. :420:

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

The Brown Menace posted:

I think you mean Barbary War 3: Obarbar's Brabrabar.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Slave posted:

No, they gave them up to stop being international pariahs

I don't think you GET IT, MISTER.

Let's try again.

"Libya HAS WMDs, RIGHT?!?!"

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

^^ Yeah, they really stopped us there in Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, Grenada, Cuba... ^^^

Darth123123 posted:

See it took that long for this to be posted. I need to include more emoticons.

Pretty soon this "peace train" poo poo is gonna be OVER, son.

Time for you to get on the Winning Team and Fight The Good Fight.

:911:

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Intel5 posted:

I'm just ranting here, but we spend billions on the latest and greatest military toys, and now we have a veritable carte blanche of international opinion to use them to save lives, and our president is standing around holding his dick. We could have air superiority over Libya within hours, it may do fuckall for stuff that's happening on the ground, but they wouldn't be able to drop bombs on their own people anymore.

"Muamar, don't take this the wrong way. We've been sorta friends kinda for a while now, and we're watching the way you're responding to this and... well, we felt it necessary to intervene. We're afraid you're gonna really hurt someone. We're afraid you'll hurt YOURSELF..."

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Roark posted:

With Italy's ties to Libya...if there ever was a time for Berlusconi to step up, be a good human being (or even just be as lovely a human being and play out his Mussolini fantasies), and send in the drat Italian military, this would be the time.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

ukle posted:

Berlusconi has decided to go from backing Libya to saying the EU needs to intervene

"Angela: you with-a me? Over de top! Italia and Deutschland, TOGETHER AGAIN!"

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I get the feeling there is no plan, only horror and blood. Dictators are used to putting down uprisings, but not of this scale. Right now it's just a bloody civil war that will only end with Ghaddafi dead.

Worldwide, there are more of Us than there are of Them.

The fact that people everywhere are realizing (in many senses of the word) this is very encouraging. I haven't had this much general optimism in years.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Christ, what a blind, stupid rear end in a top hat Ortega must be.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

The Brown Menace posted:

That monk in Vietnam seemed pretty cool with being on fire.

He was a special case. Years of training went into attaining that kind of poise.

If you ever ARE in such a situation and want/need to go through with it (DO NOT SET YOURSELF ON FIRE, STUPID, THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY), once your head is fully aflame, you may not feel any pain immediately due to shock, the amount of time it takes for the heat to begin to activate the nerve endings, AND a time-dilation effect prior to the OH poo poo moment of, "I'm on loving FIRE."

THAT is the time to INHALE DEEPLY. Get the fire directly onto the lung tissue. You should go into immediate respiratory arrest, pass out quickly and die with little pain. That's the thinking on immolation.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Namarrgon posted:

I like to imagine the UN's sole purpose is the prevention of WW3, makes it feel as if they are doing a good job.

As long as they can be in the INDUSTRY of backpedaling out of any situation, claiming that "THIS isn't what we meant by the start of WW3," they have a lifetime job.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

XCPuff posted:

Wonder how many more will be dead by the time Clinton travels to Geneva on Monday. Glad to see we're really on the ball with all of this.

Unless we have real targets for a military strike, there's logistically little to nothing we can do as an intervenor.

We're not exactly HELPING the people of Iraq and Afghanistan and we've been TRYING for the better part of a DECADE.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

ukle posted:

The Libyans only have really old tanks (well and a few T72's which are not as easy a push over) so relativity minor weaponry could be enough to take them out (IED's, RPG's).

You can cook the drivers, gunners and THE AMMO in a tank if you coat it in oil and gasoline and set it aflame (Mr. Molotov, TO THE RESCUE!)

Roll those bitches down any street in Tripoli - the people can drop glass bottles on them from the 2nd story and run.

Edit: Too bad muslim culture isn't big on wine-drinking. Those gallon jugs would be perfect.

Edit2: We really need an efficacy study of the Molotov cocktail components: Oil or Soap? Gasoline or Alcohol?

GnatKingCoal fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 23, 2011

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

^^^ You know the kids in school are gonna call her FACECOCK or FACEBOOT. ^^^

SqueakyDuck posted:

Napalm.

Trademarked by Dow Chemical.

The best home-substitute is Styrofoam[TM] (ANOTHER GREAT Dow Chemical Product!) dissolved in gasoline.

"Nice slick spreading agent, same great incendiary effect!"

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

Nessus posted:

Perhaps God got fed up with our learned helplessness and decided to show us what for while also helping his Muslim children out.

AKA The Chosen People.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

^^^ THANKS, DR. SCIENCE! ^^^

Apology posted:

if Aisha crashed and burned in the desert, she'd probably have been better off, because her Dad is going to be so pissed...

She takes after him. He'll forgive her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

redscare posted:

I wonder if this will have any impact on the mercs. They can't be willing to see this one out to the bitter end either way, but nothing makes mercs bail faster than the lack of money.

Or the threat of the money drying up.
Or a RUMOR of the money drying up.

Spread that rumor, folks. It could save lives.

• Locked thread