Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

Yes taking out ISIS oil revenue infrastructure sure shines light on Obama's lie that the objective of this is to degrade and destroy ISIS.

Yes. I'm glad we agree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean it's basic terrorism which primarily helps the USA's allies economically. There is no humanitarian goal here it is basic imperialist might makes right. The humanitarian goal is revealed as a sham from the beginning.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

"Stopping ISIS is worse than terrorism; its sham humanitarianism, its imperialism" - an idiot.

From the PoV of the USA this correct though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How is bombing civilian oil infrastructure of a non USA threat imperialism. Hum, a tough question!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you think IS are terrorist inhuman dogs then I guess no action against them is immoral. Instead of a superman we have become a superstate unbound by the inconvenient tackle of morality. Raskolnikov is ascendant. IS is the unscrupulous pawner. They cut off someone's head!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

What are you advocating, exactly? What is the moral response to IS, in your opinion? Honest question.

From the USA? Political pressure on regional states.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You goon say me fine, I accept it, but I really meant that, the morality of 21 century imperialism reminds me a lot of Napoleonic morality which of course was the substantial if not complete thrust of Raskolnikov.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

provide objective classification criteria under which one can know to what degree a policy is driven by 'imperialism.'

If USA military action in Asia then

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

'Tsunami relief efforts were imperialism with Napoleonic morality'

'Earthquake relief efforts were imperialism with Napoleonic morality'

You are not arguing in good faith my friend. The only reason those trivial encounters happen is because of overwhelming imperialism.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa why isn't IS a government.

Like I said if you think they are terrorist dogs then go nuts. Napoleon says you should not feel guilty. You can't feel guilty! Huh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can't take a strict theory of state recoginotion when you are gung ho on intervening on nominal civil wars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oops insignicant militia when over a nominal line. Better immediately destroy some oil facilities.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KSA already has nuclear protection through its alliance with Israel/US.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's about nuclear power anyway. The bomb stuff seems to be a pr sideshow to me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kaal posted:

D&D's recipe for peace in the Middle East: Nukes for everyone. :allears:

Yes and also nuclear power for everyone. Oh and also dismantling the current Israeli state.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I assume he meant "right to exist as a Jewish state".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have not been paying attention much sorry but is the Mosul offensive the first time American and Iranian forces have worked in concert like this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Volkerball posted:

The US has been indirectly aiding Iranian backed Shia militias for pretty much the duration of the fighting in Iraq since Mosul fell.

Was it part of he nuke truce or separate.

Probably all wrapped up together ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rear end struggle posted:

It's not my fault that Russia is the greatest threat to world peace right now.

Hahahah

Anyway what is going on in Mosul? Is it recaptured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The ethnic cleansers we support are gonna ethic cleanse

The ethnic cleansers we support are gonna ethic cleanse

:911: freedom and democracy

• Locked thread