Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
This is actually really awesome to watch. Not the death, or the terror, or the horrible conditions these people faced to make them revolt, but rather the idea that people my age are actively changing the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Space Butler posted:

how does it feel to know you will never take part in something to momentous?

If obama loses to a tea-party type in 2012, we just may.

But really, I don't care that I'll never get the chance to participate in something like this. What I care about is how little coverage this is getting in the US. I mentioned what was going on at work, and everyone just went "wat?". It's not getting mentioned in their schools, it's not getting mentioned on the news, it's not getting mentioned period beyond a little footnote, or page filler in the middle of the paper.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Space Butler posted:

Wait, seriously? It's front page news in the UK, all over the TV news too. How can it just not get reported over there?

1) I live in a red state in the midwest. Most of the people here think the entire middle east is full of "terrists" and the entire region should be carpet-bombed.

2) Most people here don't care about what is going on beyond their own lives. Their idea of current events is what TMZ is reporting.

And it makes me sad that this is what America is like, and that anyone that tries to change this is met with the wall that is the anti-intellectualism that the sterotypical american personifies.

• Locked thread