Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
Are any major governments saying anything official about this? Most people are lurking because politics is confusing and frustrating. I am too, but I just wanted to ask about official statements. Otherwise, it would just be, "Well, why isn't Obama saying anything when we're in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to spread democracy? These Bahraini people are trying to spread democracy and being murdered for it. Where's the support now?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
^^^^

You need a bigger warning than that. That is so incredibly graphic. Jesus. We've already won the lottery by being born in this part of the world.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010

Sivias posted:

I never once said I agree with it. The idea that you read what I posted as anything other than an unbiased statement is concerning.

The text under his unername makes so much sense now.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
Wow, never thought tweets would be so tough to read. That is chilling.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010

Cjones posted:

Little kid martyred in Benghazi by sniper :smith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3dtz1-EF0&feature=related&skipcontrinter=1

That is seriously depressing.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010

Suntory BOSS posted:

It just occurred to me that these protests would certainly have taken down Saddam Hussein by now, had the US not invaded.

It makes the loss of trillions of dollars and several hundred lives that much more appalling, knowing that with a little historical foresight we could have let the Iraqi people pursue their own freedom (likely with far less bloodshed and probably a more stable, less corrupt end result).

Yes, if you can neatly shoehorn that situation into this one, that would be correct. You have to consider what started these waves of protests. Then the cable leaks before that? What started those? The cables would have definitely been different if there were no invasions. What if the US never to the mideast in such an intrusive manner? Then what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
Secretary Clinton condemning Iran for its hypocrisy. That's rich.

• Locked thread