Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Goreld posted:

The word's been pretty corrupted over the years. What is labeled 'conservatism' is actually 'authoritarianism'. Case in point - if U.S. Republicans were truly conservative, why are they completely unwilling to reduce defense spending?

That's why they came up with the word 'neo-conservative' but it seems like the distinction has vanished for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Apology posted:

I'm not wild about hunger strikes. They're only effective if the opposition gives a poo poo if you starve to death. However, they have a right to protest in whatever way they see fit, so more power to 'em.

I wouldn't have that someone setting themself on fire would've made much of a difference, but.. welp.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Obviously it's just proving Glen Beck's prediction of an Islamofascistsocialcommunistic caliphate correct.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Baddog posted:

I'm saying this is loving silly to get involved in something that probably isn't even a moderate democratic movement. We don't even know wtf it is, because nobody stopped to get any real intelligence on them.

All of your posts in this thread are terrible.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Time is bad, they may not be directly sensationalist but they suffer from the same 'must report both sides of the issue no matter how retarded' problem as many news outlets.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Narmi posted:

What's wrong with Time's reporting both sides of an issue? Is it the way they do it? Unless they're biased towards one side, this is usually a good thing since it can expose the flaws of one (or both) side(s). The reporters in Libya interviewing Gaddafi and his family are what showed the world how crazy he is, and probably helped drum up support for the rebels.

It's bad when reporting the other side means giving a page to Jenny McCarthy to rant about the evils of vaccines.

Bobfromsales fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 27, 2011

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Zappatista posted:

I'd figure that the 'not knowing when to quit' thing could be worse for him. I don't see him as someone who'll go into exile and retire to a lakeside villa to gleefully spend the fortune he brutally extracted from his nation. Nope, he'll either want to keep giving speeches from exile or start crazily putting together a plan to take his country back the moment he settles in. Who would want to take in someone so potentially destabilizing?

Which reminds me, what the hell happened to Mubarek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
What happened to Brown Moses?

• Locked thread