Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There's nothing wrong with actual conservatives. The ones people hate are the bigoted "GOD HATES FAGS MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US" nutjobs that use conservatism to justify their hatreds.

The word's been pretty corrupted over the years. What is labeled 'conservatism' is actually 'authoritarianism'. Case in point - if U.S. Republicans were truly conservative, why are they completely unwilling to reduce defense spending?

edit: Also, poo poo like Bahrain serves to show how hosed up U.S. news reporting is. Everyone, I mean everyone else in the world is focusing on Bahrain etc., whereas in the US every single news agency is relegating it to minor stories. And in many cases, with very outdated information: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bahrain-protesters-call-ouster-monarchy-egypt-hold-victory/story?id=12946668

quote:

Soldiers reportedly fired weapons and tear gas canisters into the air this morning

Yeah, I don't think "headshotting protestors" counts as "firing into the air".

Goreld fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread