Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Just to back this guy up, and while I'm aware that yahoo isn't a paramount news source, you'd think there'd at least be a 'Middle East In Revolt' or something, bolded, obviously something interesting and world news worthy, right?:

Click here for the full 1664x903 image.

That's the US Yahoo homepage. There's a single link about Bahrain. It's entirely unnoticable.

I know that this is a few pages back, but if you want to know the average American's mindset, all you have to do is look at the "trending now" section in the upper right hand corner. Those are the top ten searches at that time. Go ahead. Take a look. Make yourself sad and shake your heads at Americans and our "bread and circuses" attitude...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Xandu posted:

By the way, yesterday was the 2 month anniversary Mohamed Bouazizi immolating himself in Tunisia.

I wonder what he would feel, if he knew what his act was going to give rise to. So much is changing because of him, but so many are being killed or wounded.

I know it was not simply his act that sparked all of this, any more than Princip's assassination of Archduke Ferdinand was the only cause of World War I, but I feel safe in saying that historians will look back at his act and say "This was the tipping point."

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Young Freud posted:

See the Spanish Civil War. How many great authors and artists came out from that war? Of course, how many authors and artists ended up dying in that war. It's like that line from the Clash's "Spanish Bombs", the trenches were full of poets.

The story is told that after the war, when Picasso was displaying his painting Guernica a general came in and asked him "Are you the one responsible for this obscenity?"

To which Picasso replied "No sir. You are."

• Locked thread