Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pepper bologna
Dec 31, 2005
A man among mushrooms

Xandu posted:

It's been a front page story in the NYT every day for over a week. Top US reporters (Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, Nick Kristof, etc) have all been reporting on it.

Some people just don't pay attention to the rest of the world.

I think this point is truest to the American coverage of the protests. NPR, for example, discusses it on the hour every hour. It is some (hell, you could argue most) peoples' prerogatives to learn as much or as little as they would like about the world. I guess you can say it's an American thing if you would like but I do not know if that would be necessarily true for all 310 million people that live here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread