Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geek Icon
May 8, 2006
Hello.

Narmi posted:

Regarding Bahrain, is the government still trying to place the blame on "violent protesters" for the more serious injuries and deaths? Nobody seems to be buying it.

NYT source

I'm not surprised at all. The royal family will want the country to mourn the loss of their family members for days, but hey killing innocent women and children of other, "lesser" families is a-okay.
Ugh, they're all the same. In a few days, the other GCC leaders will be holding a council in Bahrain to show their support for the almighty, self-appointed "God" of Bahrain. Even worse is that the local newspapers in neighboring countries, such as the UAE, is not even reporting on the bullshit violence used by the Bahrain police/military on peaceful protesters.

gently caress these people. They are Muslim only in name, and I will see them in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geek Icon
May 8, 2006
Hello.
It's sad... but hardly anyone in the other GCC countries really care about what's going on in Bahrain right now. The royal families have declared their support for Bahrain's Emir, and no one is surprised at all by all that. Everyone else is just going on their lives, some more shallow than others.
I read a letter in Dubai's local paper, Khaleej Times. This one local woman called the protests "fashionable" and needless. But then again, the local papers aren't even reporting on the the violence being used in Bahrain.

I just saw that video it's just... depressing. There is no solidarity in the Middle East, none whatsoever. :(

• Locked thread