Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

Just finished my first read-through of these books with Blue at the Mizzen today. I think I'll leave the unfinished one for a few years down the road, as other goons have suggested.

Is there a standard recommendation for physical copies of these books? I think I recall some goons saying that a recent collection was not very good quality and I'd like to avoid that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

Huggybear posted:

The Norton hardcover edition, I believe out of print now, is probably the "easiest" to acquire second hand if you live in north America. The Harper Collins was the bookstore softcover standard for the last decade or so, and there are also the smaller, pulp style paperback editions that I have never seen brand new. I have about half the series in the norton and half Harper Collins, and the latter (softcover) tend to fall apart after a half dozen reads. I check every used bookstore in every city I go to and it has taken me about sixteen years to replace half my softcover with used hardcover editions. I also have several books on my Kindle app for travel reading and its super comfortable to read on my phone.

I think there was a short-lived Folio edition.

Thank you!

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

Sax Solo posted:

Good book postpartum is no joke!

I have felt that feeling so many times, and never had anything to call it. Thank you.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

I have no idea how accurate it is but I always picture Bonden as being built like a brick shithouse.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

Huggybear posted:

gradients of objective quality

Mods please change my name thanks in advance

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

Any of these would be an excellent approach, but every time I've gone back to Post Captain I've liked it more and more, until now it's among my favorites in the series. The first time through, I found it to be an obnoxious slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

ChubbyChecker posted:

a big dose is better than a small dose, stands to reason