Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Twiin posted:

So the new Marilyn Manson track is pretty good.

Is there a listed line up for his bands current iteration? Seeing Manson release new stuff made me look up Tim Skold to see what he's been doing since announcing The Undoing then canceling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Nobody bothers keeping track because it changes every six months it seems like. Manson has had like 20 different people in the band by this point.

There are worse bands when it comes to this though so it's a fair question.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I have a hard time being nostalgic for Stabbing Westward given the persistent rumors I've heard about the lead singer since then.

I saw The Dreaming not too long ago, Chris sat out in the small crowd and watched the opening act, had a drink with me and put on a killer show. What rumor is this?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

B.O.A is the stand out track on here for me, they also slowed down/re-recorded Atrophy i feel like.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Front 242 and KMFDM/OhGr are playing back to back nights. Boston is getting a lot of good shows this summer.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Future Days posted:

https://youtu.be/UQTuzUYD58I

KMFDM DOIN that thing they do every now and then.

My $0.02:

- SK can't sing for poo poo, no matter how much autotune he uses.
- Guitars not crunchy enough; beats not harsh enough. PSB's (really good) last couple of albums sound more 'dustrial than KMFDM in TYOOL 2017.
- Really happy to see Brute!'s artwork getting a 21st century treatment. Always wondered why he didn't go full [as]!
- Holy poo poo, I'm amazed at how NOT excited at all I am about KMFDM.

edit: after listening to it a couple of times with actual headphones instead of $2 ones, it's not so bad; it's just lackluster. I guess I'll just go back to the neofolk thread and stab myself in the face with a Pepe pin.

I am more surprised to not hear Lucia anywhere on this track, I can't really tell if she is even layered in the chorus?

edit: 2nd listen the guitars sound really loving bad, they need to upgrade to some AxeFX rigs or something.

Photex fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 23, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Future Days posted:

Sascha's usually really good at mixing his own tracks, so I found it pretty odd. Is it just me or do the vocals sound louder than the rest of the track? Makes the beat and guitars sound p weak.

when he says HELL YEAH during the chorus it's definitely bordering on clipping.

edit: just saw this this morning

Photex fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 24, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Kraftwerk tonight yessssss

:frogsiren:

saw them two years ago when they were doing their 3D tour, it was amazing but just don't expect any of them to actually being doing anything live. What a tits gig, stand up for 2 hours a night and get $$$

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

extradite THIS! posted:

Sure. That's in the past. This is what they do now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7URJHwduE

You can clearly see how everything they do affects some part of the music or even the visuals. If you listen to different recordings of the same song, it is obvious where a melody is played or where a parametre is changed live. Every song is obviously sequenced beforehand, but they can control essentially every part of it live.

Edit: Is... is this a new concept to some people here? This is how a whole lot of electronic music is performed live.

I really hate to burst your bubble but they've even licensed out the "live show", I went on a cruise this past winter and saw a nightly show called Spectre's Cabaret there was a 10 minute Kraftwerk section which was literally what I saw the year before at Kraftwerk 3D, same animations and everything exactly.

I'm not knocking it as a show because it was loving amazing and I would go again, but you could throw four mannequins up there They'll actually loving do this by the way for We Are The Robots again proving that the show is entirely scripted and still get the same result.

http://cdm.link/2015/02/kraftwerk-live-rig-exposed-really-checking-email/

some more proof they don't do nearly as much as you think.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

extradite THIS! posted:

Sorry man, but I looked up a Spectre's Cabaret video and found a Kraftwerk bit and it is quite literally not the same visuals as Kraftwerk uses. I know this because I've seen them four times and watched the live DVD and the new Catalogue poo poo several times. That just is not the same at all. The music might as well be, could be playback.

The Robots is a special case because that song is quite obviously something else than every single other song in the show.

Also, have you read that article or watched the embedded video? It shows the exact thing I was talking about.

Of course I read the article, and I'm not arguing that they're not doing "Something" at some shows but you said it yourself the entire show is sequenced and they didn't do poo poo at the Wang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAS8L3v2tzU&t=1306s

and as far as the Cabaret licensing goes I asked the lighting designer while I was on the ship (I work in live production so I was curious about the tech specs, there are 30 projectors being used in that video + 6 articulating LED video walls) that and he told me the Kraftwerk section was licensed directly from them and they used the same company who created the 3D visuals for the 2015 tour.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Biomute posted:

I think WWIII remains the last good KMFDM album.

It also felt like that last time a KMFDM show didn't feel uninspired?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I showed up to a KMFDM show with a slick idiot jacket right after the split, it was good stuff standing in the front row holding it up.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

hatelull posted:

Remember the early 90's when Ministry were at the top of their game and that legendary tour for The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste was a who's who of B-Sides (I miss that magazine) artists and features? Remember how In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up had a phenomenal live version of "So What?" and a cathartic "Stigmata" but yet it was only six tracks and felt like a cheat? Especially when the VHS included the opener "Breathe" plus that really neat "Pledge of Allegiance/Land of Rape and Honey" closer?

Well YOU are mostly in luck because those guys released a live album from a 1990 show, that's a hefty fourteen tracks including the Skinny Puppy cover, PIL cover, and a lot of Biafra. Sadly, I don't think the Pledge made it to this recording but still it sounds pretty nice. As I understand it, they took out a lot of the overdubs that were added to the live EP and so the vocals are more prominent?

https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/live-necronomicon

I was listening to ICYDFLSU the other day and was wishing there was more from that era. Thanks for this

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Whispering Machines posted:

That is a pretty cool baby.

Anyone know what the setlist for Prey & Obey tour is? For Ghostfeeder, Julien-K and PIG. I'm guessing they play in that order.

isn't the PIG drummer doing double duty for Julien-K, I wouldn't be surprised if they were swapped if that's the case.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

how old is Guenter? I feel like he looked exactly like that on the BxBxB DVD.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I haven't but I'm pretty bleh about that tour.

I feel like a KMFDM tour only comes around because Lucia or Sascha ran up some credit card debt and need to pay the bills :/

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Does Gary Numan fit in this thread because his new poo poo is really drat good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1PSS90QDPs

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Whispering Machines posted:

Julien-K was fun, they made some digs at Orgy and then covered Orgy's cover of Blue Monday.

I wonder what Amir did with the Roland GR-707 and IMG2010 I sold him back in the day, i'm betting he tore the guts out and stuck it in one of those sexy Jackson's.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

oh sure why not, it's been a few hours since I've been disappointed

edit: it loving sucks.

edit edit: that's not a clever KMFDM sucks reference, this album actually is trash. I don't know what they were doing why is there like Reggae chords on 5 of the tracks?

Photex fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 12, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

when do the videos get posted? I'd like to see bad KMFDM to make me feel better about not buying tickets.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i liked all the slow zoom outs on Cruxshadow boobs.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the tour I saw last was ... 6 years ago? When the drummer broke his arm right before tour and then did the entire show with 1 arm and it was impressive as gently caress and overall was amazing.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I saw them on the WWIII tour with Bile and thought they were very good. Although, at the time I was in love with Lucia and her vinyl onesies.

That was a great tour too and :same:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEoxu0_8uZU&t=624s

now before you click, yes it's Perturbator but i'm actually super impressed by the album, I linked the song Vantablack.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

That should be a fun show, and normally Mastodon are a fun band so maybe of Sasha isn't being a prick we could see a little love Mastodon/KMFDM action, I bet Brent or Bill could do the intro to WWIII

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Brut's live show is balls to the wall fun, Magic Sword was pretty good too

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

3TEETH back in the studio and already making my pants tight

https://www.facebook.com/3Teeth/videos/764278283696995/

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Weird, Providence but not Boston or New York? I'll take it, but still, weird!

drat it, i'll be in Austin for Dreamhack that day...Fete is a really nice venue

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

There is a few Laibach live recordings that are really good

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Apparently the Sante Fe shooter listened to Perturbator

to be fair Dangerous Days is a pretty good album.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sheesh no RI/MA Date at all?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Everything post-adios isn't real KMFDM

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

KMFDM Karma just came back to bite me, just got home from a trip to unwrap my KMFDM - Nihil repress and both vinyl are warped to the point where they are unplayable.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

david_a posted:

What’s his main project then, playing video games? I just see a few recent one-off projects on his wiki page.

MDFMK obviously

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Wait I didn't think any 3teeth got vinyl releases God damnit my wallet

Edit: just grabbed 3teeth and glass apple bonzai for $20 shipped thanks for the heads up

Photex fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 26, 2018

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

digging that new VNV Nation track, I had gone pretty cold on them but I really enjoyed it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

new VNV Nation album is pretty solid, no complaints there.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Hedenius posted:

How come nobody told me that KMFDM released a pretty good album last year? About time too considering ADIOS was 20 years ago.

I absolutely love Total State Machine.

wait, they did?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Honestly the new 3TEETH is the most exciting thing I've heard in awhile and the two music videos are awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

thotsky posted:

I'm pretty skeptical of those electronic drums on the right actually being hooked up to anything, but that's alright. It's the effort that counts.

Got drumming lessons from Kaptain K