Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

DeusExMachinima posted:

Wait, RiB is touring together again or were recently? This is total news to me.

I saw RiB in a poo poo hole in Colorado Springs like 6 years ago. I really want to see him live at a decent venue. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'd assume 90% of the people that would go to a Skinny Puppy show would also go to a separate FLA show.. So it seems like it wouldn't draw much more of a crowd (in Denver, Co that is). But I could see some of the less concert going people finally getting out of the house to hit up 2 huge bands instead of one. Industrial shows in Co are pretty sad as far as attendance anymore, mostly aging fans with kids/lives and weeknight shows.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

Did you know Peter Murphy and Project Pitchfork just blew through town? I subscribe to for or five mailing lists and read Westword regularly and I hadn't seen one. God. drat. Thing. About either of them.

I don't know what's up with the Denver scene sometimes.

Sort of..
I'm not a big Peter Murphy fan, little outside of my listening. I had heard that he'd be here, and then forgot. Pitchfork, I got an email from TicketWeb about it.. but it was before the tickets were on sale etc, and then never heard another thing. Like you, I get like 15 emails a week so I sometimes glaze over shows coming up. It also helps to have the venues on FB, but again there is so much drat useless chatter that they get skipped at times as well.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Does anyone know what the KMFDM set list looks like? They are rolling in through town on Wed, but I saw them last year. If its the same list, I'll skip it probably. I'd like a little more skold era live stuff, but not really expecting it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

The Denver tickets for SP are turning out to be more expensive than I expected. Has the show been crazy awesome so far?

Did you make it out last night? A friend had 93.3 tickets and was sick, so I got them FREE. Pretty awesome since I was planning to buy mine at the door. They had the Ogden pretty packed, I assume it was close to a sell out show. I thought it was pretty great. I've never been a huge SP fan, I like Mythmaker, which feels like the least skinny puppy album maybe?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Peter Murphy is looking to release a DVD via PledgeMusic (like kickstarter).

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/petermurphy

quote:

UNLOCK A WINDOW INTO MR. MOONLIGHT….

PRE-ORDER my upcoming ‘35 Years of Bauhaus’ DVD and get exclusive access to a series of FREE EXTRAS like exclusive interview footage, unique unseen photos and much more.

Back in July 2013 I was fortunate enough to experience one of the most amazing nights of my career at The Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles. It was a splendid night and as a result we have decided to release it as a special live DVD.

Working with PledgeMusic gives me the chance to make available alternative and interesting offers while allowing me to fill the experience with extra content for you in the ‘Updates’ page above. More on this to come….

This is also the first place you can buy my new album ‘Lion’ alongside the DVD. As well as vinyl, signed product, lyric sheets, sets lists and even one of the microphones I used during the recording my new album.

Thank you for being part of this!

~Peter

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I used Wave Gotik Treffen as an excuse to travel back in 05. First time leaving Colorado by plane, and I went to Germany. It was awesome. Thanks for the nostalgia. I just slept on a park bench somewhere between Lepzig and Berlin. I don't know how to read train schedules...

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Where did you get this? I know someone who'd love it

Reverse gis shows : https://www.threadless.com/product/5040/Furr_Division
Oh my thats awesome.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Thank you guys for mentioning the Skinny Puppy/VNV/Haujobb show a while back. They announced a Denver show and I got tickets. Hot drat.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

KonvexKonkav posted:

Hi, I saw some Project Pitchfork videos on Youtube and am interested in listening to one of their albums, but since their discography is so huge I don't know where to start. Any recommendations from Project Pitchfork experts here?

Daimonion was my favorite. I've not kept up on them in a while though.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm doing an exchange semester in Leipzig next spring / summer and I'm gonna have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on festivals and concerts again. Look at this horrible poo poo.

May: WGT

And those are just the ones I know of at the moment. I will be incredibly poor in autumn.

Those all look super awesome. I went to WGT back in 2005 and used it as a catalyst for a small trip through Europe. Its an amazing thing, but odd, coming from USA. Leipzig was full of goths. We took the train and the amount of people dressed up out numbered the regular Joes.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Pretty sure Manson did a track on the new John Wick movie as well, but i don't think he is listed on the sound track. I swear it sounded like him at least.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
So, I really like Einstürzende Neubauten Sabrina. What is a good album to listen through. I've always known of them, but never really listened to it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

sethsez posted:

If you like Sabrina you might as well listen to the album it's from, Silence is Sexy, which is one of their absolute best.

The Singing Chav posted:

Pretty certain Halber Mensch is the default go to EN album but I'm sure somebody else can and will throw up a big ol' list of worthwhile stuff of theirs.

Thanks, I'll try em both.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Twiin posted:

I saw him and he was doooooooooope

Yezz!
I loved Numan live. I thought it was great how much he seemed to love still playing the old stuff. Cars, Down in the Park, Are friends electric. poo poo he's played how many thousands of times. He was doing a broody goth type persona, but once the crowd went nuts on the favs, he cracked a huge smile and just rocked.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Hay! I saw you.
I was the drunk in the light blue shirt.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

My younger brother is regularly the only person in the entire venue/club wearing a white or bright shirt. Owns it.

This is what I do.
I grew out of my angst (I drank it away) so now I just wear whatever I have on and stick out in a black light.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

Die Kraftwerk mag?

Also,if you are like me and were wondering wtf a 3d concert is.

e: holy poo poo, $100 a ticket?

I'm going B). I don't like that its a seated event, but should be cool.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Chainsawdomy posted:

Anyone else going to Birthday Massacre/Combichrist at The Abbey in Chicago tomorrow? It's a 17+ show, and part of me is afraid I'm going to be the only one in my late 20s.

This is Sat in Denver. I'm so in.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Chainsawdomy posted:

Anyone else going to Birthday Massacre/Combichrist at The Abbey in Chicago tomorrow? It's a 17+ show, and part of me is afraid I'm going to be the only one in my late 20s.

Fun show! I'm 33, though I think we were at 21+ show.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

You wandered into the wrong neighborhood son. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKAcZXAldT4

I just saw Leather Strip on Friday. First time he's been to Denver. It was like Karaoke at the corner bar.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Out of nowhere, Skold will be playing in Denver 5/10. Did he ever put out more than the 1 self titled album? It looks like he's doing a self tour, but I'm not sure.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Ms. Happiness posted:

VNV Nation 20 year concert series announced. http://www.anachronsounds.de/webfiles/live.htm

Eeeee so excited!

Denver is listed for 2 nights.. I wonder why we have 2 different setlists? Do they like us the most? or do our sound laws make it hardest for them?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

They've always called us out as having a really great scene (what?) They seem to really love Denver.

Doesn't every performer say that when on stage? Cool if its sincere, but yea, our 'scene' is dying. I'm assuming its the same across the US though. I'm not really into it more than the music.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

Tom Shear is one of the swellest guys around already so no surprise he'd have swell guys with him. Dude is literally the only opinionated "celebrity" I follow on Facebook, and it's an absolute joy to do so.

Last time I saw A23 it was Tom Shear doing a small bar, no backing band. For this tour, will he be with a band? +1 on him being a great dude.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Konstruct posted:

My latest synthpop EP came out last week. There are a few remixes by Nature of Wires, Avarice in Audio, and SØLVE.
The full album is up on youtube/spotify/probably a few Russian torrents by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLjnHG2quGY

Hope you guys enjoy!
If you're interested in a physical copy AnalogueTrash is selling cassettes of the release.
Positive and negative feedback are totally welcome.

Cool.
Out of curiosity, I see that it is on google play as well. What streaming site gives you the best $$ per play? or do they even give you enough for it to matter?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Molestationary Store posted:

They're going to be in Vegas too. Good to hear that they have a bunch of new material, it's been a while since Liebe now.

I'm going to be in Vegas for Cisco Live. Rammstein is on the last Saturday, but I've gotta be home Friday night! And he's not announced any Denver dates.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Jehde posted:

Rest of new NIN leaked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBELD6seMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLbkdJ11TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic2cVpBefQM

I actually kinda like it overall. Same sounds and production values we've been familiar with since With Teeth/Year Zero/etc, but a much grittier, industrial composition.

quote:

This video contains content from Kobalt Music Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
. Bummer

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

Front! 242 is playing in Denver tomorrow! I'm psyched as hell

It's a state holiday, your not going to red man??

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

Speaking of which, Hocico cancelled their Toronto show :(

Government seems to have done something to gently caress up visas apparently. Rough year for concerts here.

edit: lol didn't realise local friend was complaining from LA .. rest is still true though.

Ya, a friend was going to open for them but it got postponed due to the US witholding their visas.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

Are you a fan of doddering? Al can't really move or sing that well any more. Local rumor had him lip syncing in their last tour.

I saw him w/ DeathGrips maybe last year, and ya. He didn't sing much. More like singing along to the pre-recorded vocals than lip syncing.

Also, Carpenter Brut didn't make the Denver show this go around. Pissed a lot of people of as it went unannounced and Live Nation wouldn't refund since the ticket technically only states ministry.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Volkerball posted:

Looks like rammstein won't be coming to the U.S. next year either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GdrAlhE_ts

gently caress, I'll be in götenborg August 18. I live in Colorado, it would have been awesome to see..

edit:I'm an idiot, that's the 2020 lineup...

deong fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 27, 2019

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

...it is not great. At best some tracks are ... listenable.

This is my review of the Smashing Pumpkins...

I'm a big fan of Razed in Black. Weird, YoutubeMusic has this

quote:

A Very Special Tribute To Smashing Pumpkins

1: Cherub Rock - Razed in Black
2: Disarm - 16 Volt vs. Spahn Ranch
3: God - Electric Hellfire Club
4: 1979 - Pig
5: Rhinoceros - Guenter Schulz & En Esch
6: Tristessa - Soulbent
7: Muzzle - High Tigers
8: Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Thirty Stones
9: Zero - The Element
10: Love - Pure 13

Similar but different album.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Actually, this just came out.
This is a donation drive album:
https://rivetingmusic4u.bandcamp.com/album/tear-down-the-walls

quote:

27 bands joined forces to pay tribute to Pink Floyd’s rock opera, The Wall, and raise money for Doctors Without Borders. The benefit compilation pays homage to the original album while giving it a modern feel and the rougher edge only industrial bands can successfully deliver. Several legends of the industrial music genre lent their talents to this project, but it also includes the up and coming bands of industrial music.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QkNelo-hs
Not sure why, but I had not considered the dude from the Look mum no computer youtube would also make his own music. I'm a fan.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

a cyborg mug posted:

I'll be there too baby :) I've had a ticket to the show for like two years.

Do it, it'll own. I'll introduce you to crazy German fans and you'll have the time of your life flipping out to Conjure in da pit

Listen to this person. Join their party. Live love laugh.
But 100% do this if it's possible. I saw WGT when I was 24ish, first time in Germany. It was rad as gently caress and I think about it here 18 (woof) years later.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

edit: poop. And my local Gary Numan show is just full on cancelled.

Mine got pushed from Nov to March. I'm hoping it stays, but my local gov decided covids over and venues no longer need to require vax/neg test.
Sorry for your loss. G.N rules live.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Whispering Machines posted:

I saw Gary Numan last night, my second time seeing live music since March 2020, and my second time seeing him. I wonder how many times he has played Cars live since it came out in 1979

Every time I see him, he plays cars.
Every time I see him play card, he goes from a gothy stage presence to the most excited face.
It's always amazing. Homie is a crowd pleaser and loves the game. Always see him live when you can. My 2020 show is now in like 2 weeks. Hell yes

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

The Voice of Labor posted:

what did the local industrial bands sound like when you were growing up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLnMDkNDPq0
Not really industrial, but local goth metal? 1999 was a different time lol.