Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Twiin posted:

Some of my favourite electro-industrial tracks of the past few years:

Everything Goes Cold - Bitch Stole My Time Machine (I can't find a youtube of the CD

nice remix! I work with one of the guys from that band and I'm glad to see it on your list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

teethgrinder posted:

Not exactly the same, but Aesthetic Perfection releasing a futurepop album as "Necessary Response" was pretty awesome. Bands can always rebrand.

Everything Goes Cold just got done with a tour with that band. What do you all think of EGC?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

EDGECRUSHER posted:

Before, and especially after the show, everyone was absolutely 100% friendly.

For whatever reason, all industrial shows I've been to have had absolutely the nicest crowds.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Godmachine posted:

Looks like I have a date with Twiin on the 20th of June.

After reading about some of the local scenes/clubs a few pages back, I'm glad I moved to the Bay Area. My hometown had 0 in terms of rivetheads aside from me and only a small pocket of inter-squabbling goths. Chicago and Madison weren't far, but still too far to be a regular. But the Bay? I love this place. SF is far to cliquey for my taste but the scene is MASSIVE.

it's decent - Everything Goes Cold is a local band here who just put out an album. DJ Accucrack does a remix on there for them, they have lots of ties with a lot of very good industrial bands and just recently got signed to Metropolis. DNA Lounge is certainly the place to be for that scene if you're new here.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I think that they lean more towards a heavier Depeche Mode than outright industrial, but I'm freaking out over Legend's album Fearless. It's one of the best things I've heard in a long time. Maybe it's because my favorite Depeche Mode album is Ultra, but man, what a great album. Apparently their concerts are amazing since everyone I know who's seen them speaks very highly of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

SacrificialGoat posted:

My personal worst was Orgy, waaay after their day in the sun. I have no problems with Orgy itself, but the club had awful sound and they spent most of the show bitching to the sound guy about not being able to hear themselves.

Was this the co-headlining tour they did with Filter a few years ago? I was going to go to it, as I was a big filter fan, but ended up not being to go to it. They were playing at a dive bar as well.

I always wonder how it must feel, as a band member that once played stadiums, to walk into some bar you're headlining. Maybe at that point you're just grateful for some money. But it just be a little hard on the ego.