Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Major in Anthro, minor in English or English lit, or vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

Just started TCG, could someone remind me what army Ganos is fighting?
You don't find out until later :ssh:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

Isn't Kalse one of the Dragons chained up in the Shadow Realm, in the first scene where we meet Edgewalker? Or is Kalse one of the ones that Cotillion bargains with in the prologue of TCG? Memory is failing me.

Yeah, it's Ampelas, Kalse, and Eloth, I believe. Spelling might be off.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Night of Knives was good for Temper and the little bits of Tayschrenn that we got, but yeah the Kiska parts were just no good.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I liked Fear too :unsmith: and Rhulad more and more through RG :smith:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

angerbot posted:

Do me a favor and check for "the smell of rotting ice" or whatever it is.

Man I haven't read the books since I finished TCG a year ago and I still know that he says that exactly every time Omtose Phellack is mentioned or used or anything

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

Yep. Revel in it. It's disorienting at first, but it has some of the best characters in the series. And the payoff in a few books is outstanding.

Yo realtalk Midnight Tides is the book I look forward to the most whenever I reread the series, followed by Deadhouse Gates

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I couldn't even get through the first few pages of RotCG after finishing Crippled God :(

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Robot Danger posted:

So I finished The Crippled God on Friday and had a few days to let it sink in. Obligatory nagging questions:

And the Nascent - I remember Rhulad told his mages to flood their warren or whatever to go and find champions and assumed this was the result. But I thought the Edur didn't actually have a warren since it was completely shattered. So even if that is the case, why did they need to flood a warren to travel by boat the same way everyone else seemed to get to Lether in order to gather champions? And if that's the same place Rhulad had Trull tied up to slowly drown as punishment how did an Imass get in there to become his buddy? That entire part is pretty hazy to me.

I might be remembering incorrectly as it's been a while, but the Tiste Edur made a deal with the Kenryllah demons (Lilac from Midnight Tides) and drained the oceans of the demons they had been at war with into a fragment of Kurald Emurlahn, diverting their fleets. Something to do with the Kenryllah demons being at war with the other demons and losing.

As for Onrack, he was chasing after the seven renegade T'lan Imass that you see pop-up here and there in the series

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Canuckistan posted:

Were they the ones in Karsa's village that were imprisoned?

Yeah, their names were slightly changed but it was the same

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Anomandaris posted:

Some people on the Malazan empire forums think Jethiss is Spinnock Durav and he's visiting Seerdomin's tomb in Coral. He fought at a gate (the Shore in Crippled God) but it's nowhere said that he died or got lost during the battle. Him being just a shipwrecked Spinnock without any revivals involved would be a nice troll from ICE, but I doubt it.

More likely it's Rake and he's either visiting Itkovian's or Endest Silann's tomb. I don't remember if it's ever stated that he played Kef Tanar with Itkovian, but I think that in a hundred thousand years he had the time to play a game or two with Endest Silann.

I haven't read Assail so I have no idea what Kef Tanar is, but Seerdomin played some game with Spinnock in TtH.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Holy moly I just read the Publisher's Summary for Fall of Light and :eyepop: do I want to read that right now

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Spoilered in case anybody is weird about that kind of thing but you can find it on Amazon. I think it might have been posted in this thread, but I don't recall

quote:

It is a bitter winter and civil war now ravages Kurald Galain, as Urusander’s Legion prepares to march upon the city of Kharkanas.The rebels’ only opposition lies scattered, bereft of a leader since Anomander’s departure in search of his estranged brother, Andarist. The last brother remaining, Silchas Ruin, rules in Anomander’s stead. He seeks to gather the Houseblades of the Highborn Noble families and resurrect the Hust Legion in the southlands, but is fast running out of time.

The officers and leaders of Urusander’s Legion, led by Hunn Raal, want the Consort, Draconus, cast aside and Vatha Urusander wedded to Mother Dark, taking his place on a throne at the side of the Living Goddess. But this union will be far more than political, as a sorcerous power has claimed those opposing Mother Dark - given form by the exiled High Priestess Syntara, the Cult of Light rises in answer to Mother Dark and her Children.

Far to the west, an unlikely army has gathered, seeking an enemy without form, in a place none can find, and commanded by a Jaghut driven mad with grief. Hood’s call has been heard, and the long-abandoned city of Omtose Phellack is now home to a rabble of new arrivals. From the south have come Dog-Runners and Jheck warriors. From the Western Sea strange ships have grounded upon the harsh shore, with blue-skinned strangers arriving to offer Hood their swords. And from the North, down from mountain fastnesses and isolated valleys, Toblakai arrive, day and night, to pledge themselves to Hood’s impossible war. Soon, all will set forth – or not at all – under the banners of the living. Soon, weapons will be drawn, with Death itself the enemy.

Beneath the chaos of such events, and spanning the realm and those countless other realms hidden behind its veil, magic now bleeds into the world. Unconstrained, mysterious and savage, the power that is the lifeblood of the Azathanai, K’rul, runs loose and wild. Following its scent, seeking the places of wounding where the sorcery rushes forth, entities both new and ancient are gathering. And they are eager to feed.

Comprehending the terrible risk of his gift of blood, a weakened, dying K’rul sets out, in the company of a lone guardian, to bring order to this newborn sorcery – alas, his choice of potential allies is suspect. In the name of order, K’rul seeks its greatest avowed enemy…

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

rejutka posted:

Is it bad that all the Tiste poo poo can gently caress itself but I want that sweet, sweet Jaghut business badly?

You mean Hood's war against death itself? Yes. Yes. :getin:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I always throught it was Paran; the mass market version I have features just the guy on the horse, but with a woman in the picture it makes sense to be Paran/Lorn.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Way to be helpful, jay

I dig it.

I can't decide if TCG or Reaper's Gale have my favorite covers :shobon:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

In Midnight Tides, I find it strange about the Errant how he doesn't come across as the crazy rear end psychopath he's later known for. His involvement in the events near the end don't really portray him in a hugely negative light. His one big dick move is 'pushing' Brys to drink the poisoned wine along with the rest of the Letherii nobles.

Does his interaction with Feather Witch in Reaper's Gale tip him over the edge or something?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I haven't read Reaper's Gale in a few years and I forgot that entire schism happened :doh:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Cardiac posted:

Isn't Pearl the one with Trull?

Just finished my reread of MT; the one with Trull is Lilac.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

i mean sure, why not get a book cover on your entire back

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Also, detritus

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

TTH has the arc with Seerdomin and the Redeemer, that was one of my favorite parts

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

MT is also great as a standalone story, honestly. I remember reading it for the first time and being confused as hell with the first part dealing with the Edur, and then I got really into it when they were sent to retrieve the sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

hell yes to all of this. Hell yes.