Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If I may qualify for TAMP (TA180 - the 6 months of tri-care after EAS) should I still go ahead and get my enrollment process started with the VA? Can I do that on terminal or do I have to wait until my official EAS?

There's a DAV (Disabled American Veterans) office in San Diego I was told about that apparently not many know about. I guess they assign a lawyer to your case/claims free of charge.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh ok I just wasn't sure if having tri-care would prevent me from VA benefits like it does now while I'm technically active duty.

This is the information I got about applying

quote:

VA Enrollment: https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/ - complete and present to the nearest VA Medical Center or Outpatient Clinic, along with a copy of your DD214, a photo ID, your medical and mental health records (if you have them) and an estimate of how much you earned over the last year.

Also need to get that 5 year HFP/IDP coverage rolling

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Tautologicus posted:

I am not sure if this is the right answer in your specific case but Ebenefits has a scanned copy of your whole personnel file that you can access online and for free. My military shot records were on there I remember, as well as the rest of the sordid story..

Just wish that site worked at least half the time. Yeah yeah "welcome to the VA" etc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Did you ever receive HFP or IDF pay? A "combat zone." Even going to CENTCOM on a ship or say, Djibouti Africa counts. Well that gets you 5 years

Otherwise it's not 100% clear. It seems if you're poor you get it. Plus any issues that you were being treated for or claimed while you were in. In the end it seems at least everyone has benefits for a bit when they get out.

don't quote me on any of this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well poo poo if you're getting 70% isn't that pretty much guaranteed free health care?

Yeah the eligibility is weird.

I'd find your nearest VA center or clinic and go to the enrollment office and fill out the forms there along with your dd214. If there's no med center near you the clinics also have the paperwork and will courier it to the nearest medical center but it takes longer and you risk it getting lost. If you do this at the medical center you should be in the system automatically. They'll schedule you to get your labs drawn and see a Doc before you get assigned a PCM. During that process you'll talk to the enrollment people and they can probably give you an exact answer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How long ago was it sent? I called and they had never seen mine after like 2 weeks. Was a bit urgent so one guy was helpful and I faxed my poo poo over and he registered me that day.

If you have the time and the medical center isn't far I'd just go do it in person man

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's 5 and I've had good experiences with it. That's my story

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I got that notice too. However there's no proof as far as a card goes unless I'm missing something. Everyone's benefits vary slightly. I'm sure they can print something off for you. But otherwise just a generic VA ID

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I have no idea how an appeal works but by all means, especially if you truly feel you're entitled to it and it's service related. Worst you'll get is no.

See if you can find a local DAV office? They're a great bunch. I know there's different options for filing and it bums me out to hear how long and arduous the process was for some of you. Start to finish mine was about 2-3 months including registering with the VA, getting and going to appointments, etc

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 24, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm kind of drunk but in the past hasn't the VA just pretty much told vets to get their disability poo poo through the state and Medicare

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you actually have some foresight and plan ahead it can be quite smooth. The problem is people are too lazy to make copies of their poo poo, go to medical to document things, and just collaborate it all in general. It's a big headache but from DAV appointment to sitting in the office for my exam was about 4-5 weeks

I'm not trying to call out anyone here just trying to instill the process of planning into the heads of whoever reads this. People are so used to the Military doing everything. Show up do your job etc. Then they go sign their dd214 and send off their record and then decide to file 3 months down the line and wonder why it's taking forever for some e-2 in a gigantic warehouse on the East Coast to find your poo poo

More than happy to help anyone with the process from start to finish. It's a bit arduous and sometimes tough to actually know what the gently caress the steps are. Especially when your lifer COC is clueless because, well, they decided to stay in. Seriously every command needs an EAS rep or some poo poo. I know some more or less have one but yeah.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 26, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Did you also ask for your electronic notes to all be printed off? They are at the MTF and then are "supposed" to be filed into your record but yeah.

Also unemployment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Military Treatment Facility. Hospital, BAS, clinic, etc.

• Locked thread