Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

god drat this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Got the new Electric Wizard at record store day today. Came on cool clear vinyl. Pretty happy overall.

i came close to getting it but 40 bucks was a bit much to swallow for me, for that

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bruce Boxliker posted:

drat, where'd you see it for that? My local store was selling it for 30.

just this local used book store near my place. Everything gets marked up for record store day, but 40 was just too much to dish out for a new Electric Wizard. I did pick up a Hawkwind repress though, so it kinda broke even.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Snowy posted:

Tool fans seem to hate a wide variety of good music.

well they are tool fans

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I like it! Thanks bud.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I guess Clutch of all bands is the loudest act I’ve seen in club-sized venues. Zoroaster was pretty loud too.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I used to be pretty into Baroness, but I feel like they’ve been steadily going downhill since the Blue Record with every release being more boring than the last. I think I’m done with them.

Red Album is still a minor classic, but I agree with the idea that Baroness may think they’re a bigger band than they are. They definitely come across that way and always have. Maybe it’s how self-serious they always seem.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yeah, same. I mean I have liked a lot of Baroness’ output, especially around 10 plus years ago. It just seems like they’ve turned into a weird art band, but honestly, they may have always kind of been that.

I have nothing material to back this up on apart from stuff I’ve read but the guy that Gina Gleason replaced was a bit of a hesher, and I think his input is missed. But he was party to Yellow&Green and Purple, so who knows. Good luck to them, etc.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

poo poo, lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I respect a band that puts a little effort into their website.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zoben posted:

i like pantera

hell same and I’m not afraid to say it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zoben posted:

This was for a band signed to Ripple. No idea when the gently caress they'll release the album.

dope

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Big fan of Keef Mountain rn

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Trabant posted:

Randomly stumbled onto the LP and it was sold out on Bandcamp so I had to get it:

It doesn't include the MP3 download and I'm not even mad. It's so good I don't mind sending them a few bucks more.

I’ve got a couple Green Lung records and they are outstanding. Do you know how this one stacks up to the earlier ones?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It’s definitely good for that, especially with smaller bands.