Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soundsection
May 10, 2010

aliencowboy posted:

Where do I start with Nadja?

The beginning. Touched, Skin Thuns To Glass and Corrasion are all fantastic. Their newest stuff is exponentially worse, with the exception of the split they did with Black Boned Angel. That said, I saw them at the end of last year and they loving killed, so I dont know what the gently caress is going on. I guess they are just one of those groups that works better in a live setting at stupidly loud volumes.

Still no Khanate in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soundsection
May 10, 2010
I hate being the odd one out. I think everything except Things Viral is stupidly, unbelievably good. Things Viral is way too 'empty', and not in a good way.

soundsection
May 10, 2010

Leopold N. Loeb posted:

It was touched on in the last thread, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend female fronted bands. Deathdoom is preferred, but all styles of doom are welcomed in reply. I am already aware of Mythic and Thorr's Hammer. Anyone know if Derketa(pre-Mythic)was doomy as well?

MONARCH

Maybe more funeral/drone than you are looking for, but I think they are excellent.

soundsection
May 10, 2010

AstroWhale posted:

Album of the year for me, no contest. :colbert:

This is the truth. I have been waiting for new Esoteric material for so long. You just made my day :)

Now all that needs to happen is for Skepticism to announce a new album.

soundsection
May 10, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Whose got some good drone metal recs? I've exhausted Sunn O)))/Earth/Boris and all the other usual suspects' catalogues and need more

some lesser known albums (maybe)

Like Drone Razors Through Flesh Sphere - DRONEREXIA
Fall of the Grey Winged One - Aeons of Dreams
I Corax - The Cadaver Pulse I: Sealed In A Radiant Larval Maelstrom
Les Joyeaux de la Princesse - Douce France
Omahara - s/t
CZLT - Junkyard

and if you are into less metal oriented drone

Rafael Anton Irisarri - Solstalgia
Loscil - Equivalents
CHVE - Rasa

you probs know these guys but im posting it anyway because im obsessed with this band

Neptunian Maximalism - Solar Drone Ceremony