Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Saw the Melvins last night in Omaha and they were loving great as ever. Hadn't had the chance to see them since the 90s, so was good to see they are still kicking rear end. Le Butcherette killed as the opener too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

ChickenArise posted:

Did the girl from Le Butcherettes come out to cover Bikini Kill with them? I was watching their show in KY on the Yahoo livestream and really enjoyed that (especially having seen the Melvins a ton of times starting in 1998). I loving love the Melvins :3:

Yeah they did, and it was loving great. Such a high energy show for a Tuesday night, glad I took work off today!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Possibly Chicken posted:

Not doom, but they've also had King Crimson open for them.

That was more a co-headliner thing. I had the chance to see that show at Red Rocks, but went to Radiohead in Chicago instead. That was a tough decision.

I saw Tomahawk open for Tool in Omaha, and the crowd absolutely hated them.

e: Yob is coming through town in a few months, sounds like I'll need to go.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 29, 2015

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Tomahawk opening for Tool was hilarious.

Patton turned his back on the crowd, and would turn around and throw poo poo occasionally, it was awesome.

Also, I just realized I referenced Tool and Radiohead in the same post a minute ago. I win 2004 SA bingo!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I'm still wishing I saw her open for Queens of the Stone Age last year.

Ahh ok, thought I recognized her but couldn't remember from where. We came in late so only saw one song, and were far more concerned with getting beers than paying attention.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Speaking of the Melvins, they just announced a new tour with Napalm Death and Melt-Banana

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Any bands out there doing something similar to Goblin Cock?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Dunno if anyone in this thread really cares about them, but I talked to Rob Crow tonight and he said they have two Goblin Cock albums already recorded and will be out later this year, with a supporting tour.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Astrotrain posted:

Didn't he call it quits for Goblin Cock last year? I swear I remember them announcing the band was done.

I'd love a new Goblin Cock album though.

Yeah, he quit music entirely last year... and since then has released an album, gone on tour and then said he's got more on the way. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

King Buzzo and Dale from The Melvins have a new band with Teri Gender Bender from Le Butcherettes and Omar from At the Drive In, and this first track loving rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N31SHZ93zu4