Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
After seeing that a lot of you guys run gopro/external camera setups during autoX, I'm wondering if I can get some help/tips to point me in the right direction. What are you guys doing to reduce wind noise while filming your runs?

I'm running a gopro hero, and two hero 3s, both with the closed backs, along with a bit of baffling glued onto the cameras; the wind noise from my chase/rear cameras is absolutely terrible, leaving me to postprocess most of it out, and the front not too bad, but I'd appreciate any tips!

Here's a video with audio fed from the front mounted camera for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvL3X5mE7OQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Binge posted:

Formula d

I'd talk to the event safety steward.

It happens a lot out here at the socal events, they just end up staggering the drifters as they start, to keep things running smoothly.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
RE11's were fun to play with in the wet, they tend to communicate pretty well with AWD, and you generally can predict when they're about to go, but I definitely wouldn't use them as my goto for a TT day.

Starspecs were nothing to write home about, they just let loose if you even thought about playing with the throttle.

RS3's leave a lot to be desired in wet conditions, but supposedly the 2014 V2 compound change is supposed to fix the wet/cold issues somehow. Has anyone played with it yet?

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

animeliker posted:

I entered an AutoX on the oval in Peterborough, ended up coming 6th in raw times and 4th overall, but then again it was a pretty low key event. I'll see how much I have actually improved at the next PITL event. I did come first in my class (of two entries :haw:). Sunbelt/Pacific Coast guys, do you run AutoX/Track day all year?

In Los Angeles, there are roughly 8 clubs that host events all year. :getin:

Chriskory posted:

Andy Hollis ITT

Oh god, I'm laughing way to hard at this. Did he get DQ'ed again or something? Dude rages like there's no tomorrow..

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

nm posted:

How do they do with getting heat in them? The courses where I'm moving are kind of short and my car is light.

I've only used the v1's, and they tended to communicate very well even while running hot and did not grease until really close to their breaking point. They handle like a pig while cold, but I hear the v2s are a lot better before full warm-up.

• Locked thread