Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
My plan just changed and it's the exact same thing except it's $10 cheaper.

quote:

Advantage Unlimited Unlimited Talk, Text & Data
$40.00
Unlimited Talk, Text and Data. $35 per Line. Unlimited Anytime Minutes. Unlimited Messaging. HD Streaming. 50GB Mobile Hotspot. International Text from US. Sprint Global Roaming with 10GB LTE Canada/Mexico data roaming. Eligible for $5 per line/per month AutoPay discount. Premium Add-on available.

PLANS
Oct 06 - Nov 05
Unlimited Premium - 100GB Mobile Hotspot,Amazon Prime, Lookout Premium Plus, TIDAL Premium, Full HD Streaming
$45.00
$5 AutoPay Plan Discount - Advantage Unlimited
-$5.00
Oct 06 - Nov 05
Amazon Prime
$0.00
Oct 06 - Nov 05
Premium Can/Mex Unlimited
$0.00
Final bill went from 55 to 45 after taxes and fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

LorneReams posted:

My plan just changed and it's the exact same thing except it's $10 cheaper.

Final bill went from 55 to 45 after taxes and fees.

Hmm, that's the same Advantage plan/price I've had since switching from EPRP, I thought it was the "premium" tier already with Amazon.

I'm not looking forward to T-Mobile's "Equivalent or better" next summer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm currently running a Pixel 3 with SWAC. I ordered a Pixel 6 from Google today. I remember when I got the 3 it was a living goddam nightmare activating it, with multiple SIM card orders because they kept getting it wrong. I'd say it was a fluke but my Pixel 1 was a pain in the rear end too.

Anyone know if it's gotten any easier?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I did two Pixel 4s like 2 years ago and I just took it to the closest corporate store and let them sort it out once I got the phones shipped and it was pretty easy. If I remember right the original SIMs they sent had to be replaced at the store but otherwise painless.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I just bought a Pixel 5a and eSIM activation definitely doesn’t work right now but I’m heading into a store tomorrow to see if they can make it happen.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'm currently running a Pixel 3 with SWAC. I ordered a Pixel 6 from Google today. I remember when I got the 3 it was a living goddam nightmare activating it, with multiple SIM card orders because they kept getting it wrong. I'd say it was a fluke but my Pixel 1 was a pain in the rear end too.

Anyone know if it's gotten any easier?

I’m fairly certain that legacy Sprint is a no go on eSIM and will need an actual IRL SIM card, but TNX customers can use eSIM on the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I was able to activate my Pixel 5a on TNX via eSIM and it was astonishingly straightforward--I selected "Sprint" during setup and entered my phone number and PIN.

Probably what helped in that process is I went to a store to get a TNX SIM for my Pixel 2 a few days before, as I wanted to transition that over before deactivating it in case I needed to go back to it again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sadly I'm having a nightmare of a time. First the SWAC plan I was on was apparently not eligible for the Pixel 6 Pro, so I had to swap to a different plan with the exact same name but $10 cheaper (and looks like I lose Hulu). Then when I went to activate there was a problem with eSIM and a rep couldn't get past it, though I'm seeing on Reddit that it might be a problem with Pixel 6. So I had to order a new SIM card that should be here today to try and activate. Trying my hardest to avoid going into a store.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Medullah posted:

Sadly I'm having a nightmare of a time. First the SWAC plan I was on was apparently not eligible for the Pixel 6 Pro, so I had to swap to a different plan with the exact same name but $10 cheaper (and looks like I lose Hulu). Then when I went to activate there was a problem with eSIM and a rep couldn't get past it, though I'm seeing on Reddit that it might be a problem with Pixel 6. So I had to order a new SIM card that should be here today to try and activate. Trying my hardest to avoid going into a store.

I have a couple of offers on my account, and I want to make sure I can do both of them without changing anything, is there a reason you avoid stores other than the pandemic? The Sprint store here in town was poo poo but I've never been to the T-Mobile store. I don't know if I should call or go in or try to do it online and not gently caress things up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RodShaft posted:

I have a couple of offers on my account, and I want to make sure I can do both of them without changing anything, is there a reason you avoid stores other than the pandemic? The Sprint store here in town was poo poo but I've never been to the T-Mobile store. I don't know if I should call or go in or try to do it online and not gently caress things up.

Pretty much. It turns out that the issue with eSIM was a Pixel 6 Pro/Sprint issue that they resolved yesterday, so I was able to activate using it instead of the physical SIM.

I'm just paranoid about reps in stores doing something to mess with my Best Buy Employee plan that became SERO that became SWAC that became SWAC v2 heh.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
A person on the Tello Reddit said they were able to get a free phone through the T-Mobile Connect $15 a month plan. I called a place and they printed out an ad that said it definitely wasn't for T-Mobile Connect. Didn't work for me but worth a try if you want a backup phone with 2.5gb of data for $45 ($15x3, you have to pay three months for the phone.) This is what I pay less than $13 a month for on Tello btw if you have an old GSM phone you want to activate on Tello for the same reason. And yes, I have a referral link. They were completely unable to fix my MMS issue though which is why I've been looking at other T-Mobile MVNOs.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

RodShaft posted:

I've never done anything with my account in store because I knew people that had their accounts borked and then had no recourse. This was back in the SERO days and that has kind of stuck with me.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Mr.Radar posted:

You should still be able to convert to SWAC: https://sprint.custhelp.com/app/EWD/SEROtoSWAC/session/L3RpbWUvMTYyNTM2MjQyMy9zaWQvei1QLWc1ZnA%3D Do that and get whatever phone works best for you. You can get a free OnePlus Nord N200 with any trade in (must turn on and not have a cracked screen), though for Sprint customers it's only available in store and I believe requires a conversion to a T-Mobile SIM (so you will lose most access to the Sprint network if any T-Mobile service is also available, even if the T-Mobile service is bad and Sprint service is better where you are). If you log into your Sprint account online and try to upgrade your line you may have additional free upgrade offers (I'm still seeing the Galaxy A32 5G offer when I go to upgrade my Kickstart line even though that offer has been discontinued generally).

Thanks! It took me a while to get around to doing this, and ended up saving me $20/month when Amazon Prime is factored in. Wish I had done this years ago.
For any SERO holdouts: I switched from SERO Premium to SWAC Premium, then once that was complete added an unlocked Pixel 6 using eSIM. No issues with the plan change and didn't have to visit a T-Mobile store.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man I spent two weeks loving around different forums and sites trying to figure out why *73 and *74 wouldn't work for conditional call forwarding with my Pixel 6, finally chatted with Sprint support only to find out it's a setting in the phone now, no short codes needed. WHOOPSIE

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

So those of us that have held out with a older 4G spring phone (In my case a Essential Phone) which for me has been hanging out on my "free" Line that Sprint offered before the merger happened, has gotten me potentially not 1 but 2 "Free" phones.

The first one I picked up was the Samsung A32 5G as it was it seemed like a better option than the N100 at the time.

Then now since I guess they are shutting down the Sprint stuff on March 31st (man I will miss Sprint's Call quality over T-Mobile, but the T-Mobile data has been solid on my LG Wing since I got it last year), they are getting more antsy since I never actually unboxed and used my A32 so they keep wanting me to upgrade.

Fast forward to today, and now you can get a Pixel 6 or a OnePlus 9 free. I can even get the offer while already having the A32. I just either need to return the A32, or pay $52 one time to finish the bill credit lease of it which I may do then give it to a super cheap uncle I don't like dealing with when his LG V10 inevitably dies again finally...

The question is, what to choose, the OnePlus 9 or the Pixel 6?

My parents have both Pixels and they are neat, update issues or not, but the OnePlus 9 has a few neat features too that make it tempting, however stuff like this make it a little off putting as OnePlus has been one of the more shady companies, even compared to Google than most.....

So dangit. Kind of a hard decision even though it's free.

And as a SWAC Premium user on T-Mobile, I have been using a T-Mobile Sim since I got the Wing, however I have been able to add the APN info for Sprint and swap to it on occasion whenever I wanted. Overall the T-Mobile data coverage is great where I am at, but I will say for sure, the CDMA call quality of Sprint is leaps and bounds better than T-Mobile has ever been. I miss it but hopefully maybe something with the shutdown helps/changes that or something...
Over I feel the death of CDMA is more of a bummer than anything as it had a few drawbacks, but was better than GSM overall.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really enjoy the Pixel series. It's not a feature rich phone, but that's part of the appeal for me. The camera takes some amazing pictures, and the magic eraser option leads to some hilarity.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea I finally just went with the Pixel 6. Longer update support and I can tinker with it in the Beta updates and whatnot as it won't be my main device anyway.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oneplus 9 5G is a fantastic phone.

I now have a essential phone 360 camera and a 2nd screen for a lg g8x that are sitting here useless. Thank you sprint.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Cage posted:

I now have a essential phone 360 camera and a 2nd screen for a lg g8x that are sitting here useless. Thank you sprint.

If you find a use for this let me know. I should have sold it the moment I got it free, but I guess I got my money's worth that one time I played two instances of Pokemon go on one phone instead of two for like a half hour.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Cage posted:

If you still have those devices, not like the cameras or that second screen don't work.

Just need to use them as WiFi only devices and hotspot access for them when you need to.

I still love the cameras on the Essential Phone. That Monochrome Shooter just works so well for Monochrome shots that you just don't get from a filter alone.

And the 360 Cam, while niche, is still neat. I really have been wanting to find a good car mount that I can use the Essential as my 360 cam, but there aren't a whole lot of quality mounts out there that are solid enough.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Welp, it was just a matter of time but I got the text today from Sprint/T_mobile that the EPRP Plans are losing Amazon Prime as of April 1st. Allegedly a new "on us" promotion is coming, but details are TBD.

On a related note, does anyone know if you keep your MLB.TV subscription through the year if you cancel T-mobile service after it's been claimed and applied?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Welp, it was just a matter of time but I got the text today from Sprint/T_mobile that the EPRP Plans are losing Amazon Prime as of April 1st. Allegedly a new "on us" promotion is coming, but details are TBD.

On a related note, does anyone know if you keep your MLB.TV subscription through the year if you cancel T-mobile service after it's been claimed and applied?

Ugh I got the text too. Annoying but the amount of money I've saved on SERO/SWAC/Best Buy Employee plan is still crazy.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Looks like the new "on us" thing is Netflix Basic if you have 1 line, Standard if you have 2+.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

McPhearson posted:

Looks like the new "on us" thing is Netflix Basic if you have 1 line, Standard if you have 2+.

That's useless to me but, I assume it's cheaper though since they already give netflix to a bunch of T-mobile accounts. I already don't use Tidal or Hulu so any other decent deals/benefits out there? I haven't had to shop for service in like 20 years.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Prime was like having $10 off a month for me, so sucks. Still cheaper then most other plans out there, but not so much as a big margin as before.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tidal is a seriously good music service. Their stuff isn't 93kbps streams.

But yeah, SWAC was an absolute GOAT of deals

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If you're still on a Sprint Premium plan and have no need for Netflix, don't forget you can downgrade from Premium to Plus to save $10/mo (and should do so by the end of the month). You'd lose some hotspot and have video bandwidth throttled a bit.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

astral posted:

If you're still on a Sprint Premium plan and have no need for Netflix, don't forget you can downgrade from Premium to Plus to save $10/mo (and should do so by the end of the month). You'd lose some hotspot and have video bandwidth throttled a bit.

Is it safe to say I'm not if I got moved to T-Mobile billing already? My account says Sprint Advantage Unlimited Plus Data but nothing about Amazon Prime or Netflix is on there.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

Is it safe to say I'm not if I got moved to T-Mobile billing already? My account says Sprint Advantage Unlimited Plus Data but nothing about Amazon Prime or Netflix is on there.

It should have the $10 premium bit under your lines add-ons.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

RodShaft posted:

It should have the $10 premium bit under your lines add-ons.

I guess I'm not eligible. I don't see it. Not sure how to post a screenshot.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

I guess I'm not eligible. I don't see it. Not sure how to post a screenshot.

Login to my Sprint. Click on my account in the top right corner. Click on change services. It should list a bunch of crap. The $10 upgrade is under "current services" or "SWAC & 3rd Party Emp Unlimited Premium Add On"

astral
Apr 26, 2004

thisdude23 posted:

If you're on the $30/mo Plus plan and not the $40/mo Premium plan (i.e. you do not have the $10/mo 'service' that adds Premium), you didn't get Prime and won't get Netflix.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Ok, I'm on the $30 plan. Makes sense as to why I don't see it. Thank you all for the help.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Huh, now they've pushed back the end date for prime to April 29th, I wonder why that is.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Probably figuring out how to gracefully end the monthly payments so that the customers don't rail against Amazon. Right now it's listed as a third party payer, so I have no idea the infrastructure hit it will take to cancel thousands of users payments processes, notify the users from Amazon's side, and figure out next steps.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I should have stuck it out for the extra months. They cancelled mine the day I turned off my premium SWAC. I figured it'd go to the end of the month but nope.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

LorneReams posted:

Probably figuring out how to gracefully end the monthly payments so that the customers don't rail against Amazon. Right now it's listed as a third party payer, so I have no idea the infrastructure hit it will take to cancel thousands of users payments processes, notify the users from Amazon's side, and figure out next steps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/primecentral There's a thing for this now.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

poo poo, T-Mobile getting rid of TIDAL. Anyone know what service they are putting in place or are they just trying to kill off old SERO customers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

poo poo, T-Mobile getting rid of TIDAL. Anyone know what service they are putting in place or are they just trying to kill off old SERO customers.

I don't know if it's everyone but I got free Apple TV+ added to my SWAC plan a few weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
God, I remember being worried 10 years ago about them killing off SERO users. This is my first post in this thread but I know there was a previous thread because I got banned for the first time there, I think.

Cage posted:

Someone asked a few days ago about wanting to upgrade their $30 SERO to the $40 SERO plan and everyone recommended the LG Marquee and HTC Arrive. I want to do the same thing but just had a few questions.

Im leaning towards the Arrive but right now I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 which is pretty terrible. The main problem is its slow as hell, just getting to my text messages takes 15 seconds on average and it will generally freeze up quite often. I dont quite keep up to date with new phones but is the Arrive anything like this or are phones a lot snappier these days?

Also, how is the WP7 marketplace? I don't know what version of windows my TP2 has but the marketplace is pretty bare and terrible.
Its crazy that my lil $30 unlimited phone plan from 2007 still works. When I first joined this was my phone and it was great:

I think my favorite over the years was the touch pro 2, I miss those slidey keyboards.