Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Sprint does not replace that. If that is the one I traded to you, sorry it is starting to have problems :/

The phone works great still and the charge port wasn't busted (it was the charger itself so I just got a new one).

I'll just toss $3 or whatever for a new back it's no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I think I'll be getting the E4GLTE come November when my update is up. I'm excited and I think the phone looks great.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's great cause I almost decided on getting the next iPhone or whatever.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Entire Universe posted:

Also, Duckman2008: Loving the NS4G, thanks again.

I see my NS4G sure is getting around :allears:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So my contract is up in November and I really want a GNex. Are we saying that I can buy out my contract and get a Nexus now?

I have the EVO 4G so I'm not dying for a new phone but I'm curious as to what the price would be if I went for it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Your buyout is probably $70, and the evo buy backs at sprint for $70. Buy it out, get a nexus.

I'll wait about two weeks for my next paycheck.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I've got another EVO problem (sorry duckman :()

I've always known the battery that came with the phone was for the Touch Pro 2, and that's fine, it works just as fine as the standard EVO battery. But I guess since I charge it a lot or rather I leave it charging after it's at a full charge (this isn't good is it?) the battery has become bloated. I can't close the battery cover anymore and it's weird.

I don't know if maybe letting it cool would let the swelling drop but either way Amazon had the standard EVO 4G battery for only $4 with shipping so I bought a new one just in case.

It really sucked since I noticed the battery dying on me after a call. It was super weird, I should practice better habits when it comes to charging I guess.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

If your battery is misshapen, you probably should stop using it before it explodes :pwn:

It's nothing crazy, just enough bloat that I can't close the battery cover. It's a tiny bit.

Either way I should have the new battery next week.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SneakyCracker posted:

Oh. In that case, It might explode just a tiny bit.

I can live with that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thank you Duckman :allears:

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 22, 2012

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I got my upgrade set for September 1st. I'm done with the EVO 4G and want to know if I'd be better off waiting (I haven't heard of anything amazing coming out in the next few months really) or getting a Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy 3?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So if I have my upgrade September 1st what would my contract buyout be? $35?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Lowest is $50.

Right on, I might just do that and buy a Gnex.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lovie Unsmith posted:

After the Galaxy S3, I suspect the next major release will be the iPhone 5.

Is the S3 the phone to get? I'm going with the Gnex just to be safe.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wait, so is the S3 the better phone to get than the Galaxy Nexus? I haven't really been paying attention to what's out for the past 2 years so yeah what's up there?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

As long as the S3 gets CM10 I'm cool with it. How did the S2 do in that regard?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Smuggins posted:

I'm curious as why we would need to email you. I checked out the site and got the lowdown, I add the Nexus and plan to my account then cancel my old device and plan once it's properly activated. I'm probably being an rear end somehow in asking that though.

If I was on contract I could see it being an issue cancelling my old phone/plan, I've been month to month with Sprint for years on an old dumbphone.

Granted I have been reviewing changing plans/carriers/phones for over 6 months now so this is not a spur of the moment thing.

Looking forward to future shock!

I think it has something to do with work, if we go through him it's good for him and us too.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

This, I make commission, and since it's the same price its win win. Beyond that sometimes people like having a specific person beyond the Web to go through.

Although I emphasize that I never said one must go through me.

I am not sure of SERO waives upgrade fees, but I would bet you happened to upgrade at times when online waived them and that's what did it.

As to answering the credit union question unfortunately I am pretty sure you cannot tag a discount on to the account, although you can go to sprint.com/verify and try. If one gets lucky the code gets attached, and while it wouldn't discount the plan it would then waive fees.

I sent you back a PM about that Nexus dealio. That sounds good and I might do that over getting an S3.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just a reminder that Duckman owns bones and you should all do your Sprint stuff with him. :allears:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I think I'm just going to go ahead and get the free Nexus. I owe Sprint some money and being able to save on not getting the S3 while getting a phone that is better than the EVO 4G is fine with me.

Plus the money saved on the S3 can go to the bill, plus the 4G buyback on that as well.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Not sure what 60 day limit you are talking about? The promo is today, tomorrow and Sunday.

The only way to get the promo if you have sprint is to add a line and then port your number to Google Voice (Google charges a one time $20). If you are under contract the ETF gets auto billed to your account when you port out. You don't need to port until you get said new phone and line in the mail.

Any questions or if you want me to help you with it feel free to email away.

Fyi the buyback for the 3D is $75 right now. Not that great, but it may cover the ETF. You could sell it for $100-150 on ebay depending on the condition.

Edit: and of course, any discounted phone is a two year contract, next upgrade is I have 20 months.

Oh so just to be sure, I can stay with my EVO until you send me the Nexus and then that day I can pay the $20 to port the number and I'll be alright? Very cool.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Whew, alright then. Go ahead and do what you have to do and I'll do the rest of it when the Nexus comes in the mail.

Oh oh oh, do I have to pay an activation fee also when I port my number back from GV to Sprint or whatever?

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 4, 2012

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I should be getting that Nexus from Duckman sometime today or tomorrow. Once I get it and port the number to Google Voice and go through the ETF stuff, what do I do from there?

Duckman told me that I'll have to verify my discount and all again, so I figure what I can do is just walk into a Sprint store and start my service with Sprint again?

I want to be sure I have this all sorted out before tomorrow.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I can't think of a reason you need to go to a Sprint store.

Get the verification form at sprint.com/verify fill it out and send it in. Or just plug in your email.

The phone will already be active, all you have to do is turn it on. Then you port your number to Google voice, download the Google voice app on your phone, select Google voice integration and select your phone number as opposed to the number on the phone itself.

And then you will be good to go.

Oh dang, Duckman you own :allears:

------

Edit: Right now on the Sprint Verify page, if I punch in my number it tells me I don't have to do anything. I'm guessing once I port to Google Voice and all that it'll change and I'll have to fill out the form then?

Edit: Oh and my dad wants my EVO so I think I need to go into a Sprint store for that.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 6, 2012

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Nexus hasn't shown up yet :( After a long boring day at work I had my hopes up and everything.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I figured by Tuesday it would be here anyways, Duckman sent it out on Saturday if I remember right. Worst case it'll be here Wednesday but I hope not.

Works better for me anyways since I get paid tomorrow and can pay off the ETF and all that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Sprint can go gently caress themselves. When did the termination fee become $350? I'm glad to be done with this amateur bullshit.

It depends on how long on the contract you have left. I think mine right now is $70 or so.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman just checked on my ETF and it's $50 with my contract ending September 1st.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So far today has been a great day, I got my paycheck and work was really fun. So with all that said, today has to be the day the Nexus comes in.

Please :negative:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Well poo poo :negative:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

No worries, you've helped me out a ton. This isn't your fault.

At least now I know it's coming in on Thursday.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Oh man, I just got an email from UPS that says the scheduled delivery date on the phone is today. Thing is, on the site it still says the date is tomorrow.

I didn't want to get my hopes up again today but here we go.

:supaburn:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Today is the day :toot:

I'm really excited about this, just have to get work out of the way first.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Nexus came in today at 3:30 so I just now went ahead and ported my number to Google Voice. About how long does it take for that to go through? I went ahead and did it 2 hours before I got home just to give it time.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I connected to GV and it did something I guess. Let me select my old cell number. However it's not connected to sprint or whatever?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Your number is still showing on the account, are you sure you ported it to Google voice? Or maybe the port didn't go through yet.

I did this process at around 5:10 or so, it hasn't changed since.

----

On the GV site it says that it could take 24 hours to actually port. Knowing my luck this is the case right now.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 10, 2012

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I bought my mom the Kyocera Rise. It's a nice little phone for $70 (With $50 rebate)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

dundun posted:

I would probably not recommend any Kyocera phone after using the Echo for the past year. The build quality is super cheap, over the past couple of months there have been alot of battery pulls, phone won't wake up from sleep mode, battery is awful (don't even bother with the dual screens), super laggy, etc...

Eh. She's happy with it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So what's the trick to having text messages not show up in Google Voice? I just want GV to do voicemails only and it keeps showing all my texts as well.

Is there no way to do this :(

I have the app set to use the default messenger application for texts and the website I turned off receiving texts or whatever so what gives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lynchman posted:

So I finally decided to replace my HTC Hero.

Holy poo poo prepare to be blown away when you get the iPhone :catdrugs: