Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

:getin:

So if I did that new line $50 thing Duckman how long does it take to get my dang $50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

A part of me would trade my GNex for an iPhone 4S if I could. I don't mind if I can't get a 5 but I am kicking myself a bit for not waiting.

Oh well.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

nexus is way more usable with the free extended battery, did you get that from sprint?

I was never able to do it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So who do I call to ask for the extended battery deal?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's not really ~fast updates~ on the Nexus. Yeah it got Jellybean before the S3 but it's not fast compared to GSM and all that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

When the heck is Miami going to get these sweet sweet changes.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does Miami have LTE now? Yes?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I don't have LTE where I live but my uncle, who lives 10 minutes away, has it in his area.

I hate the Sprint service I get here, but after trying out LTE for the first time, I don't hate them anymore. I just want the rollout to be quicker dammit.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I feel your pain dude.

So Sprint detected my 3rd party employee plan and suspended me today. Quite a bummer, although I just ported my number to google voice and killed the plan.

Anyone here have experience unlocking a Sprint iPhone 5 or 4S? I haven't found a legit cheap option on ebay, and Sprint is telling me they won't let unlock my phone unless I renew my contract.

And potentially I have a Sprint iphone 5 32GB and Galaxy S3 16GB on the market if anyone is interested.

How much for each?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Alright so what is the best way to set this up for my Nexus because I'd love out of Sprint.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I guess the charge port on my Galaxy Nexus is hosed up or something? For some reason it charges just fine with my car charger, however when I plug it in at home you have to fiddle around with it and then it'll charge fine.

What is my option for fixing this? Like how much would it run, etc etc.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I bought a new wall charger thinking that it might be the issue with my phone not charging. However it's not the case and I really think the charge port is busted for good.

Like I said last time, my car charger charges the phone fine but no wall charger + cable works. I noticed that the car charger kinda "clicks" into the port. The original GNexus cable did the same thing but once it stopped doing that I started getting the issue.

I heard Sprint would fix this for about $50. That true?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

azurite posted:

Stupid question, but have you tried a new cable? Every charger problem I've had turned out to be the cable.

Tried a new cable and new wall charger.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Alright so even with the refurb I'm still having the charger issue. The car charger works but neither the old official cable that came with the Nexus work or the cable I bought from Monoprice work without fiddling around with the cord.

I'm not mad I spent $50 on a refurb really because my old Nexus had some dents and scratches and this one doesn't so it's nice but drat I really want to be able to charge my phone without fiddling a cord.

Edit: I went ahead and went over to a preferred retail Sprint store that was across the street from me and just bought a $16 charger (with Motorola branding which is neat aha) and now my phone is charging. I'm paranoid that it'll stop charging but for right now it works. I really think it has to do with the "clicking" in that the cord should do, the monoprice cable never clicked into the port it just kinda slides in. Didn't feel secure, but now there is some latching of some sort, I have to use a bit of force for the cord to come out.

I'm happy.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 12, 2013

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Gozinbulx posted:

Any Miami sprint users here? Anyone having a hard time maintaining a decent data connection while driving? I guess its hopping from tower to tower and shuts off for awhile or something.

May also be my old EVO 4G.

I like having unlimited data but god damnit I'm really getting fed up with Sprint's coverage and totally sporadic 4G.

Happens to me a lot during drives (living right here by the Metro Zoo). Been really thinking of switching over to TMo as soon as my contact us up.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

My ETF is $100, would I be able to go ahead and trade in my Galaxy Nexus in to cover some (or all) of that cost? Is that a thing?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I just left Sprint for T-Mobile and now apparently Sprint wants to buy T-Mobile? http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/13/5208312/sprint-reportedly-preparing-to-purchase-t-mobile-in-2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

E. Doesn't matter, Sprint wants the phone back.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 23, 2015