Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
How far will Sprint usually bump upgrade eligibility? I'm 20 days out right now and I'm thinking about just grabbing a 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

I'm in the same boat. If I had an EVO I'd probably wait a couple of months. I have a Shift so I'm getting a 3D asap.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

Smeed posted:

I'll give Fresh a shot. I haven't kept up with the ROM scene for a while but it seems like us 3D people got mostly hosed as far as community development goes.

I just switched from Fresh to Warm and I'm getting a lot better battery life with Warm. There's some things I don't like about the theme but I can deal with it.

TheBlackMallard fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 19, 2011

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

atomicvocabulary posted:

Well, today is the day. Just as long as the US Cellular store is open today I'll be switching from Sprint to them. Evo 3D reception being an issue, as well as chrome. I have had an upgrade since August but couldn't bring myself to execute it because of data speeds. I will say that at 630am central time I got 1752 down and 541 up. But at 630pm last night I got 46 down and 320 up.

I am deciding to give my money to the "little guy" US cellular because they have great LTE in Tulsa. I feel semi bad though, Sprint was my first cell phone company and has been my only one since 7 January 2004. Also I have a SERO plan from 2007, to bad I wasn't somewhere I could use the data.

High note: before the towers became bogged down I was able to push 7.5 gb in a month, good old days.

I had an EVO 3D I just got rid of for an S3. Data was practically unusable on the 3D and it's actually nice on the S3 in my area(Metro Detroit) I actually want to use my phone again, not throw it at a wall.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

I went from terrible reception in my room with the 3D dropped calls, texts not going through after multiple tries. To actually being able to talk and text on the S3.