Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat
If I were to add another line either through sprint or a third party like Wal-Mart or Best buy is there any penalty for taking the new phone and swapping it to another line as long as I keep the new line active?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat
If you've made your sprint number your google voice number you'll have to undo it, then make your sprint number a forwarding number but don't identify it as a sprint number then it'll give you the option to port it.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Smoking_Dragon posted:

The company I work for directly pays for our cellphones and the cellphone service. I'm wondering if it would be possible to pay for any apps I purchase with my own separate account, I doubt my boss would be very happy if I bought some games on the company dime.

Your purchases through your phone are tied to your google account and can be paid for with your credit/debit card

quote:

I'm coming from a Palm Pre which comes with Sprint Navigation. As far as I know there was no extra monthly fee to use it or else the plan my company has everyone set up on has it included. Is there an extra charge or fee for whatever GPS program the 3D comes with?

You can use Google Maps as navigation and it is free

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat
After putting the mango update on the arrive and with the potential it has it's honestly worth it. I just wish I wasn't so ingrained in the google world :sweatdrop:

maybe someone will make a google music/+ app for WP7

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Skeezy posted:

Is the Mango update out yet? I'll probably look for someone who wants to trade phones or something.
A friend of mine had Sprint replace his EVO for an Arrive when he busted it. I'd go for that if I could.

the official update doesn't come out until fall sometime (No concrete date yet) but someone posted a method to update to a leaked developer build in the WP7 thread and so far so good.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Alman posted:

Just started running a new ad, basically it owns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphXLfKO2yg

I also like that they're figuring the 10$ premium data charge into the plan price now instead of saying 69.99 then doing a gotcha bitch when you get your bill.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

goku chewbacca posted:

My father-in-law is a Nextel iDEN user. Can I have an iDEN line/phone on my Sprint Everything share plan when all my other lines are CDMA smartphones?

Yes, I just added my brother and gave him a Nextel device so he wouldn't break it within a week

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

a shameful boehner posted:

Can you opt-out of your contract and still continue with your current line of service? Or is the opt-out only if you discontinue?

Only if you discontinue

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat
I know when I went to the sprint store to get my arrive the guy kind of did a double take and said "Are you sure you're not interested in the Nexus S" so I'm sure that Sprint did the same thing as ATT did and didn't really have any idea if it was good or to promote it in any way.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat
This biggest problem I'm having is deciding if I want the iPhone 4 + applecare+ or the iPhone 4S without applecare+ mostly because I don't want to spend more than 200$

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

CheerGrrl92 posted:

I have two questions. Sorry if the they have been asked before, but I didn't see them.

1) does sprint charge for roaming data
2) how do I make myself able to send/recieve texts while roaming? I can do everything else while roaming except text. I do have the "data while roaming" checkbox enabled.

thanks for any help

They don't charge extra for roaming data but they will cut you off after a certain point, and I've found it's easier to keep data off while roaming and it makes it easier to text. I think it's a limitation of Verizon's 1X maybe

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Casao posted:

Does Sprint.com allow for a number port in the process, or do I have to call up after my account's active and ask them to do it or something like that? I'll be ordering on Monday online (for the sweet AAA discount) and I wanna make it smooth.

you can do it online when you order

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat
So...how do you update your Data Profile/PRL with the iPhone or is it something I shouldn't worry about.

Also Sprint's network has gotten better in my area since I went from 2-3 bars in my house to a solid 4-5 I just wish they could get building penetration at work. :(

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I just replaced my cracked-screen 2 year old EVO Shift with an iPhone 5 (32 gig shipped same day off Sprint website if anyone is still trying to get one).

What is the easiest way to import my contacts from my Gmail account? I was disappointed when setting up my email I found no option to load my contacts and I'll be damned if I'm going to enter them manually.

http://www.maciverse.com/add-gmail-contacts-to-ios-5.html

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

UnbornApple posted:

Does everyone's data usage say "Sprint 3G Data" or does that seriously mean I can't connect to an LTE tower if I ever find one?

Also I guess I don't know why it says 0 minutes used...I've made plenty of calls.

it must depend on the person or Sprint maybe forgot to enable 4G data on your plan?

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

TLG James posted:

If you're already intergrated with Sprint with Google voice, do you need to deintegrate before you can port your number over?

Yes

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

brc64 posted:

My wife's Galaxy Nexus has started nagging her to install the OTA update. Is there a way to disable that poo poo? The stuff I saw looked like you needed to be rooted, and we haven't done that on her phone...

You could do what I did. Try to install it, have it fail then the notification goes away.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

brc64 posted:

I read some reports about that, but it wasn't clear how to make the installation fail.

I downloaded the file let it install, then it came up with the Android laying down with ! logo so I just rebooted the phone. I don't know what the problem is nor do I care to fix it because everyone has been saying 4.2.1 is bad and I have an upgrade in 3 months

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

brc64 posted:

This may be more me not fully understanding the technology, but do these Network Vision tower upgrades potentially affect building penetration? For example, I get great service where I work, on the 12th floor, but when I go down to the first floor, I barely have any service at all.

If the towers near my work are upgraded, could that improve things in this scenario? Or do the upgrades have more to do with speed and capacity than reception?

Speed and capacity at least until Sprint switches over to the 850MHz band instead of the 1900MHz band they currently use for CDMA service.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Voltin Bolt posted:

I just got a credit of $200.00 on my account for my deposits back, looks bizarre to see an option of "Pay full amount: $-200.00"

So of course my question is, is there any way I can withdraw that? Or is it basically store credit :(

Basically bill credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Tedronai66 posted:

Does that make you lose your number or no? This seems like a fantastic idea, but the thought of changing numbers now blows.

As long as you port out to another carrier you won't lose your number, or you could port out to Google Voice to keep it safe if you're that attached to it.