Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Disargeria posted:

Who wants Harry Potter postcards!!

I would!!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Getting ready to send out another round of cards. Any fans of the following: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Watchmen, X-men, Scooby Doo, Portal, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dr. Who or LOTR? This will help me figure out what kind of goodies to send!

LOTR fan here!

I got a card today from Andaley who sent bees!

BEEEEES!

Last day of the semester is tomorrow for me- will resume mailing cards out on Weds or Thurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Cone of Tragedy posted:

You all have sent such wonderful things from this thread! I set up a special tree just for them...

I think I see my origami fish! Hooray!!

Reporting in with some cards received:

Cards from Disargeria & Genesplicer GENESPLICER SENT A CARD WITH A SHRUNKEN HEAD!!!! :woop:

Marlowe remembered that I liked sharks :3:

And Rythe sent Peanuts and coloring pages! Thanks everyone!

I have about 6 more people left and I'll have sent EVERYONE on the list something. I hope you all are getting my cards- sometimes the post office can be weird . . . If any late people were added I'll try to send you something, too :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Team Lunch for stickers, a Batman activity page, AND an origami fish (you have inspired me to try to learn the ancient art of paper folding)

Yay! :neckbeard: Youtube videos helped me out a lot, good luck, Clarice!

Also, today I sent out THE LAST BATCH of Christmas letters.

lamb posted:

Who plans on hanging around for Valentine's Day? I'm going to start preparing next week when my office is closed.

I'll definitely still be around!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Then happy hot Christmas, Palette Swap! :tipshat:

Back at the apartment for the next day and 1/2- here are the cards I've received!

Cards from Pennymay & Revolther, Dushkani, Vixenella & Alkaphanel, and I M Jack

From CardboardRobot, Panorama_change (I love you, too), and Chipbot who must have been spying on me for weeks to draw such an alarmingly accurate portrait of me:

One day I'm going to make this face my avatar. ONE DAY.

Thermophonic Joy sent soooooo many goodies. I really like the little snowflake charm!

Statemate Meriruka sent balloons, tattoos and dinos! PS: Sorry your holiday lights were disasterous :( that's a very VA sort of story though!

LyonsLions sent an advent calendar all the way from Japan! This is so neat- though it's past advent so I'm thinking of saving it until next year and just enjoying the neat little map until then. PS- I picked the dolphin for you because of your address :3:

Let's just take a moment to absorb how awesome this little cross stich is. Kafka'sGoldfish, you are some sort of wizard. Thank you for this! I want to find a neat little frame for it :)

Thanks everyone for all the great cards! Will be gone again until mid-January so will post any post-Christmas arrivals then Merry Christmas, everyone!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Two letters from Cuntvalet & AuntBuck arrived on Christmas Eve!

Thank you for the little ornament, AuntBuck! It's lovely! :3:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.

I haven't been counting, but if there are any remaining, I'd like one! :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

I'll send your mom a note, Jimmy! :) Maybe with some sort of origami something in it. I hope she gets better soon.

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I'd be up for pen-palling! I love snail-mailing and will write back anyone who writes me. My address hasn't changed, but here it is for convenience:

Team Lunch
2000 Riverside Drive
Apt 9K
Richmond, VA 23225
USA

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

Thank you to Opera Bitch for the card for my mom! She seems slightly bemused by this whole "cards from internet strangers thing" but they are making her smile. If anyone else is still up for sending her a card, please do. It is still going to be awhile before she's feeling better. At least she's home from the hospital now.

Sorry about the delay, Jimmy, I realized too late that all my cards were still at my apartment. Sending off your mom's card today! :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
A very, very long over due update. Just returned from being out of state; here are the cards I received while away!

Cards from Crazy Old Clarice, DALO, & Molten Llama

From NationofCrustaceans, Shoozy, Pezmaster & Killamajig NationofCrustaceans sent a whole sheet of stickers :neckbeard:

PezMaster and students sent this card. I recognized Princess Bubblegum by her tiara, and of course, all the pink. Thank you for the skiing internet fox!

Ashendar sent cards and a calendar!

Last but not least, Opera Bitch and JimmyDaFish! Opera Bitch sent me my first pen pal card, hooray!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me! I've started Valentines day cards an will write everyone who's written me and is still active on the thread (in Lamb's master list) plus to new people and a few more depending on how many stamps remain.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Reporting in with goonmail!

From DLAO & Tempura Wizard. DLAO, I'm glad my screen name gives you memories of Hello Kitty :3:

Shoozy Sent recipes for food!

Crazy Old Clarice sent a bunch of awesome- I love the old postcard!

Lamb and Tempura Wizard (again!) The new years card is lovely. Thank you for the friendship bracelet, Lamb! It's great! I've been wearing it since I got it :3:

Sorry I haven't sent out cards yet, I know I'm cutting it close now- classes are at weird times and I can't seem to catch the Post Office when it's open. Going out tomorrow to get enough to finish and send these babies off! :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I am hopelessly behind on documenting my goonmail in photos, but I didn't want to go without thanking everyone who wrote me over Valentines day:

Crazy Old Clarice, Man of the Year, Meriruka, Thermophonic Joy, Panorama Change, Wings of Mine, Disargeria, Jimmy Da Fish, IM Jack, 13Pandora13, Tremors, Marlowe, Dushkani, Kafka's Goldfish, and last but not least, Rythe. You all send the most amazing stuff, thank you so much!

I also got one nice letter from a mystery UK goon who didn't sign their name or return address! It had a card with a pear and a little notebook. Thanks mystery goon!

Next week is Spring Break and I'll get a bit of letter writing and replying done then :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Hemlock posted:

I didn't sign my name?! Whoops! Sorry- that was me. I think I must've been very tired when I wrote some of the last batch...

That's ok! Thank YOU Hemlock!

Also, I left out two people on the Valentines Day thank yous- thank you God Bless Johnny & Bampf Kerpow!

cuntvalet posted:

I've decided Im gonna get frames for the cross stitches I've received and frame them in all their glory and display them on my walls so people know how awesome my goonfriends are. :3:

I have done exactly this, and accented it with Rythe's lego heart:

The cross stitch reads: " Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the Valentine moon is bright"
Still need to find a proper tiny frame for my Joker and Harley one.

Also, I got two letters from Niemat & Simple Blue who gave me a bookmark!

Thank you both! I will send out some stuff over the next week (spring break) maybe St. Patrick's day themed? Maybe just random stuff.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Wanted to thank Lamb & DLAO for the cards and goodies they've sent:

DLAO your penmanship is so nice. Thank you, both! :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Rythe posted:

A special amazing thanks goes out to Team Lunch for the beyond amazing thank you card and gift you sent to me.

I am not sure if you are an amazing stalker, or I posted authors I like or what, but you pretty much picked one of my favorite books ever as a cover to your notebook. Asimov is a Sci-fi god and by far one of my most favorite authors. I am going to take this notebook to work to right down all the staff notes I need to brief to all my guys every Thursday, I am going to get some great us out of this amazing book.

Rythe, I'm glad you got it (I am really belated on replying to this). I'm not a very good stalker- I just have amazing luck sometimes. That book cover was sent to be my a pen-pal of mine as a postcard, and I really loved the artwork and wanted it to live on as a notebook. Really glad you liked it! :)

Niemat I got your card yesterday and have written you back!

Kafka's goldfish I sent you something also, did you get it? I'm a little nervous as your address is a bit unusual.:ohdear:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Panorama_change & Jimmy Da Fish, I got cards from you! (Jimmy, yours arrived in time for Easter, hooray!)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

Henrico, VA

We're practically neighbors now! Will try to send something nice and housewarming your way :) sucks about the uh, infestation.

Sorry I've been way behind on mailing- I put something in the post for Niemat and will do more soon. Also got a card and postcard from Crazy Old Clarice! Thank you!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Sending out a couple of things tomorrow, heads up VA goons Meriruka & Panorama_change! If anyone has written me since July 20th or so, I apologize for not reporting in- I am not currently at my mailing address, but will be back this Wednesday or Thursday.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Niemat! I got your card today. "What the gently caress is a Niemat?!" :ms: Will try and write back soon.

13Pandora13 posted:

Seriously we need to all go drinking at (in?) the fan. Mostly because I know exactly 0 people here.

I would be up for this.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Semester's over and I can finally devote attention to goonmail again- and just in time for Christmas!

I'll be sending out cards to everyone that's written me plus a few extras. Low on cash this year so I can't get everyone but will send until I run out of stamps. I apologize for not posting pics of the cards as I usually do, but things have been crazy. I really have appreciated all the things you all have sent, thanks so much! :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I got my first card of the season!

Thank you Aunt Buck! You can expect something from me soon!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Got a card from ThePitGoddess! It says I'm #1 :3:

Sent some letters today: Heads up Aunt Buck, Niemat, and Ashendar!

Kafkasgoldfish If you're reading this, thanks for the great cross stitch you sent- have framed it and really enjoy it. I also have a card for you!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

AuntBuck posted:

Thank you Team Lunch for the card! I want to color that drawing you sent.

Go for it! That would make me immensely happy haha :):

Sent out a few cards on Friday- more to go out soon. Received some from Shoozy & PitGoddess! Thank you both!

Still working on the candy cane question . . .

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Today I dodged one glitter bomb (OperaBitch) and took one full on (LADYFLAAAAAAAASH!!!!). Apartment is very festive now- did all of the decorating in about 30 seconds with your help. Sent out some cards and still planning on sending more :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

lady flash posted:

You were the unfortunate last card in the stack and got all the glitter that was left in the container. I've been wondering how it went.

Just swell, Lady Flash. Very festive.

Got a card from Andaley today! Thank you! You'll be hearing from me soon :3

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Thank you PitGoddess, Mysa09, Shenanigansluck, Lamb, JimmyDaFish, SuzieMcAwesome, and Marlowe! Your cards all arrived safely- thanks so much for all the christmas goodies! :3: I'll be sending off some very, very last minute cards today- at least they'll arrive by new years.

Team Lunch fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 24, 2013

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Keetron and Kafka's Goldfish! I got your cards! Sorry no pictures, but I wanted you to know they arrived safe and sound.

13Pandora13 posted:

TeamLunch my Christmas card to you got returned. I forgot the apartment number like a big dork but I feel like by now your mailman should know who you are. :colbert:

My mailman must be a bit of a spoil sport . . . if you want to cross off Christmas, put 'Valentines Day' and re-send it, I'll still love it.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Stuffins, Keetron, Niemat, KafkasGoldfish, JimmyDaFish, Lamb, Mysa09, PitGoddess, and DLAO- I got your cards!! You goons are the best. :3:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
13Pandora13 I got your card! Happy Valenchristmas! Or Christmastines Day.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

lamb posted:

I've updated the list to remove anyone who hasn't posted in a while; if you've dropped off and want to be added back on, just let me know!

Lamb, I got your St. Patrick's day card just in time! Thank you! I put the shamrock in water- if the results are amazing I'll post them :)

Can you also add my birthday to the list? It's in May.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Have been gone for a month and got back to find goonmail from Genesplicer and Stuffins. I have a lot of catching up to do- thanks for the cards :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I have just purchased a bunch of Halloween cards! Get ready goons :ghost:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Lady Flash, I got your Halloween card! Thanks for the stickers and goodies! :3:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

CeramicPig posted:

Got a card today from team lunch! Thank you for the tea :)

You're very welcome! I got a card from you, too! Thanks for the stickers :)

I also got cards and goodies from Mysa09, Stuffins, Julet Esqu, Opera Bitch, Jesticle, and 13Pandora13. Thanks everyone for making my apartment a little more festive! :3:

Also, I'd be up for Secret Santa in this thread!

PS: Jesticle thank you for the tea!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

lamb posted:

Team Lunch (congrats on the Sharknado poster, BTW)

Thanks! And also thank you for your card- I got it today! That magnet is too cool :3:

Also thanks Jimmy Da Fish and the Genesplicers! Your cards also arrived safely.

And for what it's worth- I'd be up for a $20 max SASS thing.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
:siren:Change of address!!:siren:

Please update me on the mailing list! I can now be reached at:

J. Leonard
PO Box 1321
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949

Please list 'J Leonard' and not Team Lunch. Also, if you send something to the previously listed one, I'll still get it but it might be a while.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Pit Goddess and Kafkas Goldfish! Your cards arrived safely- thank you!! :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Made a few Cryptid-themed Christmas/Kwanzaa/Solstice/Wintercelebrationsmas cards. Cryptidsmas! Gonna try and write the interiors and have em sent off over the weekend. Might do another batch of these for later.

These are great!!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Got my first Christmas card from Ceramic Pig! :toot:

dino. posted:

and two from the same person; one of a cow which is on display on the door and a santa one) are just that little boost I need during this time of year

That was my cow card . . . :3: Glad you liked it, Dino!

Team Lunch fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 12, 2014

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I got cards from Opera Bitch and DLAO today! Much appreciated- thanks, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Mail from Stuffins and Marlowe today! Marlowe, thank you for the tea and Stuffins for the goodies and ornament! I love getting tree decorations from goons. :3: