Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

when worlds collide posted:

I've gotten some loving fantastic stuff through goon mail. Forums magnets (LOVE those and wish I could remember who sent them), a get out frog magnet (I *think* that was Team Lunch?)

I sent those last year :3: if it's a thick magnet then yup! That was me! Man those were such a pain to make because of how thick the magnets were. I absolutely loved sending them out but my fingers couldn't handle that much work again this year. I still have some leftover magnet sheets from that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Glad to see my frog has his place :3: And those other forums magnets were made last year by sheneedstherapy.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I will MAYBE make some more at some point. The issue I had last year was just that the magnet sheet is so thick and so cutting it out was quite difficult and resulted in mighty sore fingers since I had to use a crappy exacto knife. I could try and find a thinner magnet sheet which would be a lot easier to cut out but then that would make a magnet that wouldn't be able to hold anything up, and I don't know about you guys but I like my magnets to be able to at least hold a piece of paper.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Team Lunch for the envelope full of valentines!
Awesome work on the Hank and Dean venturetine Cuntvalet! I love it :3:
And finitejoy, I love the little scribbly octopus drawing in the valentines card.
Thanks everyone!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Glad to see my origami has a place up on your wall :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Does anyone know if Derringer is still around? She lives ~10 min from me, so I sent her a v-day card. Then I realized her address wasn't up anymore, and she doesn't have PMs.

It might be a teensy bit awkward to receive mail from some internet stranger, especially if someone else is living at that address now. :(

You could always go over there and ask because that isn't creepy at all :v:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Vixenella and Alkaphanel for the robot valentines day card!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Hot drat, is that a :frog: card?

Nope. If it were you would most definitely need not ask. I ended up drawing that face on all the cards I made. Her's just happened to be a green card. Wasn't meant to look like anything in particular.
Last year I made some :frogout: magnets but didn't go with that again this year. Wanted to do something different. Plus they were SO much work.

I also just checked my list of who I've sent things to and realized I haven't sent anything to you yet, so I am adding you to my list of people to receive an extreme dot to dot. Finances aren't the best at the moment though so they won't be going out for awhile, but rest assured you will be getting one too.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've got a billion little knickknacks and have to think of something to do with them now. :ohdear:

You could just keep them like I do. I keep everything in their respective envelopes so I know who sent what. When I'm feeling depressed I go though all the mail I've received and it makes me feel better. :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

That's really sweet. :3: Maybe I'll scrapbook 'em and post pictures. I've never scrapbooked before, though. It seems so addictive, and time/money consuming.

I just keep them on my shelf at the moment so that I can look over and see just how many envelopes I've gotten. I plan to get a nice box for them later on though when there gets to be too many. I don't ever plan on throwing any of them out :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Just noticed this now. Yay!
Is there anything specific you want with yours? I've been trying to draw a little doodle for everyone, but my artistic skills are, um, unique.
I dunno. I'm happy with any doodles really. Surprises are always nice. Or you could always add to the people who have been drawing me cephalopods.

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Simply put, it's a totally badass machine that creates die-cut paper shapes, or makes negative cuts in larger pieces of paper. The one I got is the Cricut Expressions 2, so it also cuts fabric for my various sewing projects.
Man oh man how I wish I could spend that kind of money on one. A cousin of mine has one and I got to see it in action once. They are awesome.

Lamb posted:

Give me a few days and I'll update the master w/ interests. I'd prefer not to have a doc that anyone could edit, because I could see it getting messy.
You could do it like you did with the last thread. Just list which page number they listed that stuff. Makes it simple and wouldn't complicate the list too much. I found that incredibly handy last time.

Also I'm so glad to see that my magnets are still loved. :)

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

In other news, I'm super excited because I ordered something awesome from Amazon today:

That's right: 60 bad-rear end postcards full of Waldo (Wally, to you Brits) to send out for the next holiday! It's not even Valentine's Day and I can hardly wait for the next round.

That's awesome. Why wait?! :dance:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Famine Poodle posted:

New Valentines going out tomorrow:

cardboardRobot
Morpheus
piratescurvy
cuntvalet
wildlifeatlas
Four Banger
XeeD

This makes me incredibly happy. I haven't received anything for awhile and my life just got incredibly stressful so some goon mail would be highly appreciated. So thank you in advance.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Lamb for the envelope full of valentines goodness. The little stitched heart was especially lovely.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you sheneedstherapy for the awesome hand drawn valentine. Also, your handwriting is amazing.
I will try and get a picture later and edit it in.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Famine Poodle for the adorable cuttlefish kitty drawing :3: Thankfully I was able to avoid a mess as all that confetti was very noisy. Also a thank you to Caramel Bread for the card and stickers.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Dee for the valentines card. The pixie stick didn't survive the trip so everything was covered in fine blue powder. At first I thought you were evil and put a ton of confetti in it.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

cardboardRobot, I just got the postcard I sent you for Valentine's Day back in my mailbox. It didn't look like it was returned to sender...rather, it had my zipcode printed at the bottom and the city code printed over the stamp. I think someone at the post office mixed up addresses, somehow ignoring the huge rear end Sharpie writing and instead focusing on the tiny scrawl marked "Return Address" below it. Either that, or they're just loving with me because they wanted another chance to find Waldo.

So as soon as I find an envelope big enough to house it, it'll be on its way back to you. (All I have on me are those super-sexy security envelopes, and they're too short.) You may get your card around St. Patrick's Day...

Haha drat. That's alright if it comes closer to saint patrick's day. Just means I have something to look forward to :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Guess what I found in the backseat of my girlfriend's car?

Creepytines.

:rolleyes:

I guess she never made it to the post office. That's okay, though. Late creepytines are even better, right?

Right?

Oh, god.

:ohdear:

I'm so excited! I haven't gotten any mail recently.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I think it's been previously established that we're pretty much all cat ladies in this thread.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Yuh-huh. :3:

I won't be doing St. Patrick's, I am going to send out my last way overdue valentine's then take a little break. Just an FYI. If anyone needs my address for anything, or anything else for anything, just PM. I still have a few things to send, hopefully y'all weren't holding your breath. cardboardRobot, Thermophonic Joy, and a couple of others are to get things soon as possible. Cheers :)

No worries. :3:

I too won't be sending anything out for St. Patricks day, though I will be sending cards out sometime in the early spring. I haven't forgotten about those who requested extreme connect the dots. I am still taking requests for those by the way.

I've been busy digging into my savings for resass this month and just signed up for the year long gift giving thing. But I won't be forgetting about my original goon mail pals! Don't you worry!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Got my first bit of mail in awhile. Thank you lamb for the St. Patricks day stuff! The hand made shamrock is awesome! I'm also wearing the bracelet right now.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Team Lunch for the St Patricks day stuff!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
When worlds collide! Thank you for the giant envelope full of things! I wasn't expecting that many sheets of origami paper. It's awesome thank you! Now to figure out what to make with it! If you have any suggestions let me know and I will probably send a couple of folded things back your way. :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you miryei for the St. Patrick's Day mail. Hope the move goes well for you and welcome to Canada!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Also, I wanted to announce that my boyfriend proposed :psyboom: and we are now happily engaged! My ring is being re-sized, and I get it on Thursday, and I am imploding and reforming continuously right now. If anyone intends to send me holiday mail sometime soon, some congratulatory goonlove would go very nicely around my desk. (That sounds shameless, doesn't it? I'm sorry.)

Congratulations!
I'm hoping to get some spring mail together within the next couple of weeks and I'll be sure to send a pretty card along.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
A bunch of stuff all the way from Chile! Thank you Palette Swap!

I had no clue what the dvd was going to be. My little brother joked saying that maybe it was a puppet show. He was right! It was funny, thank you for sharing that with me.

Edit: Hyperhazard! The postcard showed up today! Thank you, and I like the little drawing :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 30, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

With the valentines I was sending the tackiest painted buffalo postcards, and I might even have one or two of those left for you. :D

i do believe those buffalos were actually made here. There were a bunch of cows just like that around the city for awhile.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Tragedy Sherbert posted:

I have a whole stash of springtime coloured yarn, so I am thinking of making up a bunch more, if anybody would like one!

I would love one! I just sent out a batch of cards and I don't think I had you in it but I can send something to you sometime soon if you'd be up for an extreme connect the dots.

Anyone else, if I didn't send you one and you'd still like one, please speak up so I can add you to a list to send to for my next batch whenever that might be.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

Cardboard Robot

I got your beautiful card (seriously, that stationary was amazing, where did you get it from?) and the extreme connect the dots! Can't wait until I have a day off from work where I can complete it and colour it, then post it for the whole thread to see! And of course, stick it on my fridge to make my housemates jealous! :neckbeard:

Very glad you liked it :3: And yes I thought those cards were gorgeous. Picked them up at Chapters and to my surprise they were on sale when I got to the checkout! Was only like five bucks for a box of 14. Needless to say I went back and bought a second box that I'm going to save for later.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I got a lovely card from cardboardRobot! Thank you very much! It was my first congratulatory card for my engagement. I guess that's not a thing anymore, sending cards for that occasion. I couldn't find a single one for my friend who's also getting married, and had to make her a pretty pathetic looking one from scratch.

So anyways, I will treasure your card forever. Thank you! I plan on doing the connect the dots this evening, and I'll post the results just as soon as I find my camera battery charger. :buddy:

I'm very glad you liked it :3:. I thought those cards were so pretty and perfect for spring, and definitely something worth keeping (I hope :ohdear:). Glad I was able to be the first to send a congratulatory card. You'll have to let us know when the wedding is so we can send cards for you getting married as well :3:

EDIT: Thank you 13Pandora13 for the card. The razzles were tasty.

OhJeezAllSleeves fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 18, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

Cardboard Robot, Thanks so much for the extreme connect the dots and the card! I came home and checked the mail then promptly got started on it! I was finished in about an hour

Yay! Glad to hear you had fun with it! :neckbeard: Also you did a great job colouring it!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Well I'm glad that it will be able to keep you busy for an hour or so. Hopefully things are well with you.

A thank you to Lamb for the pretty handmade easter card. Maybe I'm lame but I like how you sign your cards as "Your pal". Makes this thread seem more like a community :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

I sent out a few letters a bit over a week ago and it seems that none of them have shown up yet. :ohdear: I'm worried about the ones going to Canada because the woman at the post office was a total bitch; I told her a letter to Finland didn't need a customs form because it was literally just a long, multi-page letter (which I've sent before) and when I asked her about the ones to Canada that had more than letters enclosed she got all, "well you tell me, I just work here," and as much as I tried to explain I wasn't trying to tell her what to do and I legitimately didn't know if the Canada ones needed customs she refused to do anything but roll her eyes at me and say "whatever you think."

I got one! I edited it into a post a little bit further up this page. That sucks that you have to deal with a postal worker like that. The one I usually go to is quite nice and fairly helpful.

Tinydryad posted:

This post brought to you by Cardboard Robot who sent me one of the super bitchin' connect the dots. I have only gotten to dot 64 but I'm having a swell time. It came in a really cute card, I love birds and flowers and poo poo like that.

Glad that people are loving them as much as I had hoped!

Andaley posted:

Also, thank you Cardboard Robot for the epic connect-the-dots! It took my boyfriend and I an embarrassingly long time to figure out what the picture actually was even after I had connected all of the dots (all that was readily apparent was the volcano), but we eventually discovered it was a Triceratops! I'll admit that the posting here of the T-Rex helped, as it got our brains thinking about dinosaurs. Alas, I haven't been able to color him yet, as I seem to have misplaced both my stash of crayons and markers during our move. Blast!

Haha don't worry about it. I actually had troubles with that one when I first did it myself even knowing that they were all dinosaurs. Also, hope your move went swimmingly well!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Glad to know everyone appreciates them :neckbeard:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
A thank you for AuntBuck and Thermophonic Joy.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
My mom would like some mail I'm sure. Just send them to Lisa at the same address as mine. I'm sure she'd enjoy whatever you'd like to put in the card though I don't know that she'd have uses for stickers and the like.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Haha I got an envelope from you just like that a bit ago. Couldn't believe just how many stamps were on it! Don't think I'd ever seen so many on one envelope.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

miryei posted:

I have my new address, and also internet!

Miryei
11314 109th Ave Apt 201
Edmonton, AB T5H 1E2
Canada

I'll be sending out some postcards I picked up along the road trip soon-ish, after I figure out where to buy stamps and how mailing postcards works. Not tonight, though, still unpacking and everything.

Another local goon! Welcome to Edmonton!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Decided to get a jump start on my next mailouts last night. I usually do a dozen or two at a time, but this time I'm attempting the ambitious amount of fifty cards at once. I have new respect for some of you, (namely lamb) and your dedication to mailing ridiculous amounts of things.

This may actually take me a few days to finish. See you on the other side. :black101:

I wish you the best of luck. I don't think I'd be able to do that, not only for expense wise but I usually put hand made stuff into my cards and try to write something different in each one. That would take me FOREVER! Most I've sent out at once I think was 17. I definitely have much respect for those that power through so many cards at once. That most definitely means you Lamb! And I know there are others as well. :iia:

I also want to thank Niemat on behalf of my mom. She very much appreciated the mother's day card. It is currently displayed on the kitchen table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Team Lunch posted:

I'm doing some cards right now and drawing things for people- if you want to request something, please do! I bought a bunch of new art junk and am anxious to try it out.

I would love some art! I don't know what to request though

And I would like to thank 13Pandora13 for the nice card with the photos. I hadn't received anything in awhile so it was a nice surprise :3: