Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sarah Barracuda posted:

It's beautiful stuff, but by and large he just draws the same woman over and over again and I wish he'd switch it up a bit in his comic art.

This one looks like Carrie Fisher. Perhaps he's in love with Carrie Fisher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
My Saint's Row 3 boss is She-Hulk and I pretty much exclusively use the melee wrestling takedowns, it's pretty fantastic. That's all I have to say.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Maybe it's supposed to be gross ribbed body armor? Batman's whole gimmick is being frightening, maybe it's Batgirl's too.

Humboldt squid posted:

This reminds me of that Heironymous Bosch painting, The Garden of Earthly Delights. It's like a weird modern version of it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Somebody needs to invent a method to buy negative copies of books.

It's called shoplifting

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

Posted this recently in the Movie Posters thread in connection with the Dredd movie, but it belongs here.

Did Lady Liberty get destroyed and reassembled at some point?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Flython posted:

It's so they can show the manchildren that make up most of their audience her rear end and tits. It's that simple. Misogynists drawing for misogynists.
It's not misogynists, it's just horny weirdos.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

How about NWSing the second picture with the demon cock, Choobs?

You cannot be serious.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Apparently when you recolor something, you have to remove all lighting and color temperature?

Anyways, this was posted on the Hawkeye Initiative and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on with her body. She's apparently just a giant hip with a boob and an arm sticking out of it.

Edit: I'd love to see someone redraw her when he's just standing straight up.

I tried to make this easier to parse, and... IT WORKED

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Cap's face gets a lot worse a couple pages later.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Gradient mapping: Not just for proof-of-concepts and mockups anymore.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Castle Radium posted:

This is from Issue 1 of a 3 part April O'Neil miniseries, published by Archie in 1993. Bob Fingerman was the artist responsible and he's normally pretty good, so I can only assume he must've hated drawing these characters.

The other two issues aren't much better. I think that's supposed to be April in the helmet there...

Oh dear lord.

These look hilarious. Look at all of their frog faces.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Cuba is metastasizing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

Although I can indeed read the thread title, I feel inclined to post this Rob Liefeld cover I have never seen before; I'm actually surprised it isn't on either of the Progressive Boink lists of his worst drawings:

Warpath's been at the spinach, as you can clearly see.

This is actually a masterpiece.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SMP posted:

I'm relatively new to comics so I gotta ask: what's up with every comic from like 4+ years ago (and DC comics today) coloring all their stuff using gradients? It looks awful and everything is so drat shiny. Everything looks pillow shaded.

It's very easy to impress an employer with little artistic knowledge by creating realistic looking depth with gradient mapping, while actually good colorists make much simpler images and are assumed to be lazy and unskilled and aren't hired. Adobe products have made both techniques very easy to do, but only one is impressive to a moron.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

redbackground posted:

Original, with Pratt's inks:

Redone with Doran inking herself:

------------------------------------------

Original:

Redone:

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Catfishenfuego posted:

I'm reading through the follow up comics to Angel and holy hell how did this art get greenlit, it's like d-grade webcomic art.

reminds me of BPRD

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I think it looks fine, other than the motion lines being a touch off. If you removed half of the motion lines, or all of them, it's a much better panel.

The other great thing about Beastars, other than it being really well written and drawn, is that the author, Paru Itagaki, is the daughter of Keisuke Itagaki; the mangaka behind Baki the Grappler

I believe I've posted Baki a few times, because it's an acquired taste, but it's basically What Are Proportions The Manga

Bonus - Hannma bossing George W. Bush around panel

baki art rules and tradd moore’s stuff reminds me of it a lot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hanma yuujiro is basically luther strode

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Woof, gonna have to agree that Baki's art is an acquired taste, one I have not been able to acquire. It looks painful just to be those people.

its beautiful when the picture quality is good enough to see the smooth linework and inking

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Tradd Moore has a very unconventional grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KINonpe4YU

and furthermore,

tradd moores ghost rider is maybe the best superhero comic book art since jack kirby

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

You mean "the source material".

I'd call out scary ghost dog for his Tradd Moore comments, but I've just seen him defending wife-beating in another thread so I know he's trolling.

u........dont like tradd moore?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

which part of iit do you like, the photograph of a woman's face and hands or the barely rendered rest of her body or the wildly mismatched style and lighting on the thanos head

i like the colors

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thinking about defenestration man
e: sorry. open-window man, whose signature move is the defenestration punch

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
what if, when bruce wayne looked to the open window as he pondered his new identity, instead of a bat flying in, nothing did

dial h #13

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

What does the headquarters look like for a hero like Open-Window Man? Is it called Defenestration Station?

i dont remember.....his power is that he can go into any window and come out of any other window and the comic is about the infinite number of superheroes and supervillains spanning the multiverse, so i dont think we get to see the window cave. but i might be misremembering

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
arts not bad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

naruto has the all time worst character designs in any media by a huge margin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Libra posted:

Obviously we're just missing a panel of Reed bringing his thumb up to his mouth and inflating himself like a balloon.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
does tradd moore have any ongoings

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Spawn #10 (1993)
Art: Todd McFarlane

early spawn has a ton of awesome faces like this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm not sure what to make of the edgy new Ennis Batman joint yet, but Liam Sharp is fun on art:

pretty cool. shades of dave mckean

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

This is someone's avatar and until today I never realized it was from a real comic

I thought it was from that one thread where goons took turns Liefelding up an image. Wish I could find that thread. Considering making a similar one where we take turns redesigning a CHUD inspired American flag.

i think this spider-man costume was in the ps4 game lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I see a slight issue with your plan…

insanely powerful stance

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alhazred posted:

If anything it's toned way down:

i love this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

No value judgments on anyone's reading habits here, but both of the recent shittily-colored Spider-Man Unlimited pages aren't being helped by what seems like a bad scan of a print copy. Here's a side-by-side of the pages posted here vs. the ones on Marvel Unlimited/Comixology

Not to say either page is not without multiple issues, but either the initial print job or someone cranking the contrast way up on their scan are doing it zero favors.

Also that Luke Cage page comes from a comic that came out shortly after the Ostrander/Ferry Heroes for Hire relaunch, which put Luke back in the tiara/open shirt after the early 1990s CAGE series took him out of it. Ferry's redesign had it look more like a visor than a headband as well.

ive always maintained that the adobe gradient mesh tool is the worst thing to ever happen to comic book art

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this tradd moore issue of batman: black & white is awesome. i love tradd moore

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Here's some obvious low hanging fruit with Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie) #113

Now the cover was from the standard cover team of the time:

Pencils: Patrick Spaziante
Inks: Nelson Ribeiro
Colors: either an unknown colorist who didn't sign their name or Spaziante and/or Ribeiro

and the Frontispiece is also fine (and again, the standard frontispiece team):

Pencils: Jeff Axer
Inks: can't find any artist signatures so I can't say for sure but cross referencing some full stories and frontispieces with signatures that Axer worked on at the time my best guess would be Nelson Ribeiro
Colors: Josh and Aimee Ray

But then you get to the actual issue itself (note: cherry picking random highlight pages):

Original SatAM Episode Script: Pat Allee
Script Adaptation: Jay Oliveras* ("with help by Karl Bollers")
Pencils/Inks: Jay Oliveras* ("with help by Many Hands")
Colors: Josh and Aimee Ray
Letters: Vickie Williams

(*Jay Oliveras is rumored to be a pseudonym for then-editor Justin Gabrie)

the covers look awful as well.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

The Thing, Moon Knight, and Cap are fine if in a generic Miller pose.

thats barely panel-quality, not special-guest-artist-cover quality

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whered she get oxford converse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m curious, what do folks here think of Taiyo Matsumoto?

Ping Pong, right to left

Tekkonkinkreet, left to right (don’t ask me why this one is flipped)

Tokyo These Days, Right to Left

the difference in his style vs traditional manga art is like the opposite side of the spectrum from eiichiro oda. really puts the lie in the notion that all manga art looks the same