Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I had this weird thought that a person could appreciate art like Eisner's and Rudy's. I might just be crazy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I'm not sure that's the case.

I like Mike Delmundo on Weirdworld and Erica Henderson on Jughead/Squirrel Girl. Their styles are nowhere near similar, but that doesn't matter to me. People get weird about artists. Protective and/or hateful.

Also: I don't really like JRJR or Mark Bagley. They're too samey on all their characters for me. Same goes for Steve Dillon, but he's a dead horse.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

The 90's were a very special time and place to be a part of

As I recall Prime was actually a little kid in some sort of goo suit. That's what the thought a hero should look like. He went even harder-corer at one point. More of a parody I think.

'

I should reread it. I liked it a lot when I was 12.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Tradd Moore is awesome. Luther Strode is a beautiful book.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Servoret posted:

I was reading the Let's Read thread for the Official Handbook, and you guys might not care for Null, The Living Darkness, but as a kid I thought he was really creepy.

(All from The Defenders #114. Those are the best panels of Null from the book; the rest of the time penciller Don Perlin and inker Mike Gustovich are taking as many shortcuts as they can with his rendering to crank pages out.)

Why is Etrigan on that cover?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

She did a book a few years ago with Cullen Bunn, Helheim. It’s a Viking/Draugr mystical book. Pretty fun. I met her when she was doing that book, super nice woman.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, I was reading a comic book art thread somewhere and people were bagging on Bill Sienkiewicz for some unknown reason.

I went down a Moon Knight rabbit hole and holy poo poo look at these covers

https://www.google.com/search?q=bil...iw=1496&bih=686

Sienkiewicz is just sick. Transcended the medium which is hard to do.

It seems that a lot life people have problems with art that isn’t house-style. See: Sam Keith, Tradd Moore, Ed Piskour, etc

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

sticksy posted:

Also for content/context, wasn't sure if the Liefield Prohibition in this thread included characters he created. Behold some pure uncut 90's pouches/bullet casings/vascularity:

Preteen me sure loved SPLATT’s art.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Larocca on a book is an immediate skip for me. There are two other artists I will skip 100% of the time, Greg Land and Brett Booth.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

greg horn should definitely be on that list because he sucks tremendously hard

not because it's cheesecake - god knows I love me some cheesecake - but it's just a bunch of paintovers of stock photos with him ugh

Added. That is just gross.

Does this guy still get actual comics work or does he just do these nasty pinups?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I love Rod Reis on New Mutants. His Shadow King is truly a menacing figure. Reis is like the lovechild of Phil Noto and Bill Sienkiewicz.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

I won’t fault people for not getting Kirby. There was a point in time where I didn’t like the Fantastic Four.

When I was a wee child in the EXTREME 90's, I thought that EXTREME art was what comics were supposed to look like so naturally I was not a fan of Kirby and other classic artists.

What a moron I was.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Man I like Joelle's art and she was super nice when I met her at a con years ago when she was promoting Hellheim with Cullen Bunn.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm not trying to justify tracing or whatever, thats bullshit. Just disappointed that someone's art l liked turns out to be at least partially stolen. I wonder if it was happening way back when, the first book I saw of hers. Damnit.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/Lafuente_RIP/status/1490809977694564357?s=20&t=YL44yLz2Fmi9KdFs81g5sg

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Well, here's something cool. A while back I bought this piece of original art from Juan Ferreyra. I've been a fan of his since Colder was released back in 2012. I bought the issue of Harley Quinn: Black, White and Red that he illustrated and I loved it. Saw that he was selling the art and I had to get a page, the price seemed reasonable for what it was.

I liked his interpretation of Ivy and Joker, and I got some good shots of them on this page.

Anyway, here it is.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

thetoughestbean posted:

This guy drawing Poison Ivy: “it’s important that everyone see that she’s not wearing a bra”

Man knows his audience

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It’s just so lifeless. I can’t stand it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I like Esad Ribic. He makes a really intimidating Thanos.

He also adds some sexiness to the Mad Titan

But sometimes Ribic does this.

No, that is not Aunt May cosplaying as Captain Marvel. That's supposed to be Carol. Its not a smaller image either. Its prominent on the page. Also on that particular page Tony looks Asian.

All of these are from recent issues of the Eternals.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This popped up on my twitter feed. This is the best Skrull I've ever seen.

Dick Trauma posted:

That's a good Thanos, a character that almost no one seems to get right other than Starlin.

I like Ron Lim's Thanos as well. So much in fact I have him tattooed on my arm.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

gently caress

https://twitter.com/jimlee/status/1536401890048520192?s=21&t=753NjdR34YS8tajuXZgTPA

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Tim has passed away.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I fuckin love Juan Ferreyra.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Next issue has a new artist and I'll kind of miss the terrible art!

Permanently? I want to read cool Alien stories but I don't buy Larroca or Land books.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Posted this in the Marvel thread too. Art by Stephen Segovia. Moon Knight #14

Joe Fisto posted:

I scribbled out the text box in case its a spoiler, but I ask you, If you aren't reading Moon Knight what the hell is your problem?

LOOK AT THAT

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The artist on Iron Man Angel Unzeuta uses a War Machine Hot Toys figure for reference. It's not exactly bad, but I personally can't look at it without seeing the toy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

I really don't like a lot of the super greebled MCU designs and I don't like that they're bleeding back into the print comics. What is the artist really supposed to do with that loving design.

It’s weird, Tony’s armor is normal comic styled armor but Rhodey is literally copy-pasted from the MCU. I don’t know why they’ve made that choice. The art is good, I just don’t understand why he’s MCU War Machine.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Just don't mention DuckTales.

Are pony tales and cotton tales okay though?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Libra posted:

Does Cyber-Spider-Man (Spyber-Man?) have shutters on his cyber-shoulder? And what's with the ring of cyber-eggs on his cyber-bicep?

I think the shutters are supposed to look like samurai armor and the eggs are i dunno, healy orbs. Spiderman broke his arm and CYBORG X gave him that as a sort of cyber cast because it was the 90s and that stuff was cool as poo poo.

Here's a page from the book, I happen to own this one because CyberSpidey is awesome.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Kinkade is an incorporeal demon spirit who passes between hosts when the body dies.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

From this week's Sword of Azrael

What a page.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Crossposting from Badass, since it went kinda dead over there

Joe Fisto posted:

If you aren't reading DO A POWERBOMB! do yourself a favor and check it out. A young wrestler gets into a wrestling tournament in Hell, hoping to bring her mother back to life. She teams up with the man who accidentally killed her to win the tournament.

Here's the last page from the most recent issue:

You could post the whole issue here.

Daniel Warren Johnson is the artist.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Guys I think this Punisher fella might not be a nice person

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The War of the Realms Punisher tie in series is the best punisher in years.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I enjoy Dragotta’s art, I will say I was taken aback initially when I read the issue. A person can’t just be surprised by Dragotta, it’s not nice.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/shanembailey/status/1582826125004181504?s=46&t=bbQ-Xy7rnZKvvE-Lf-Pl_Q

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

I love Art Adams

Me too

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Never mind. It's all poo poo and I am wrong.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 20, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hip Flask posted:

Looks absolute poo poo, to be honest.

Okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

When I think of Superman, this is what pops in my head.

https://twitter.com/travischarest/status/1620997752393170944?s=46&t=3RyERtfvkb93Y9aK-T3o2Q