Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

This has nothing to do with anything (and it's probably a very unpopular opinion), but I always loved that costume of Psylocke's.

Me too. I loved the entire character represented by that costume as well. She was prim, and proper, and fragile and had to hang back in battle helping from the sidelines. She wasn't physically powerful like the rest, but was still brave and present in battle. Then they completely changed her look, personality, everything about her because...comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

That's a real character FYI.

But...why?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Man, this "Battle Chasers is a rip off of Final Fantasy" thing is ridiculous.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

So I bought "Creepy Presents: Bernie Wrightson" off Amazon while looking for a nice horror comic to read and I have to say his art is incredible. I'm not sure if he's been posted in the thread yet or not, but I doubt anyone would be too angry with him being posted again.

This first one is from his comic adaptation of Frankenstein.

The second from a story called "Jenifer"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Seriously though, is that dog actually a human with a dog head? Because, as said, it has a human butt and legs.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Stroker Ace posted:

When I was younger, more vulnerable, and bought every #1 Image made I always wondered what "Rub the Blood" meant, was it supposed to be some sort of scratch and sniff?

I'm sorry for posting Liefeld.

All right, so that's Wolverine and a Cable/Shatterstar amalgam? Brilliant.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Is Wolverine supposed to be the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world or something? Why would he side against the X-Men? He's even wearing their loving logo on his chest!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh Jesus, why does Grifter even still exist?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, looks fine to me.

Holy poo poo, now it looks like the other one's the photoshop.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Forge is cool, I wonder why he rarely gets to do anything cool.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

"Could be"? Didn't that, you know...already happen?

Hahaha, well I would hope he means that a reunion between Cable and the team he created would be awesome, but you never know.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

This panel is from Ultimate Power #2. Spider-Man is swinging way above the skyline - what exactly is his webline attached to?

So this fucker doesn't get work anymore, right? People are over his poo poo?? I hate that God drat :iamafag: face he uses for every situation.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Panel two is really gross.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought that was Sunder, a morlock who later moved to Muir Island.

Yup, it's Sunder, not Guido/Strong Guy (Whichever he was called at the time).

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh no, my sensibilities!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh, I didn't actually read the words and assumed that was meant to be a Muppet Babies style babification of an adult character.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hahaha, what is with these?! "Everything's all stylized and colourful? THAT'S NOT HOW REAL LIFE LOOKS!!!!"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Looks more like the tagline should be "Flash kicked this guy's rear end so bad he fled to the cover, but Flash ain't gonna let that stop him!"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That Bane is pretty sweet and stylish. This thread gets weirdly nitpicky sometimes.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Dude was SO good 20 years ago, when he didn't crosshatch everything so everyone looks super old. I don't know if it's because his then-inker Cam Smith said "No, gently caress your lines" but go read some 1992 Incredible Hulk or the PAD Supergirl series and you almost cannot believe it's the same guy.

What does PAD mean in this context? Google is mostly mousepads.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

McSpanky posted:

That issue of JSA where KC Superman met regular Superman that was pencilled by Ross but inked and colored like a regular comic was utterly gorgeous, I wouldn't mind a few specials a year done like that.

I'm not sure how to effectively Google for this, does anyone have an issue number?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thanks, prefect!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You know this thread is hard up for terrible art when we start nitpicking like it's the Buckley thread.

How about some Marvel Mangaverse Ghost Riders?!

How do you like re-used art? Well this comic isn't shy about it! The bottom two panels on that second page might even be re-using the head from the first, but this isn't even every example.

Now how about ugly, clashing CG backgrounds and skulls? Everyone likes those.

The Hulk fighting "sexy" poser models that have been traced over? You didn't even know you wanted this.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 10, 2014

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

Those first three pages, if done by a better writer and actual artist, could actually be pretty funny.

I just checked and both art and writing are by Chuck Austen. I feel kind of bad for him right now.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Uncle Daddy is the greatest character in comics.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

You know where I'm not seeing backgrounds either?
This Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus I'm leafing through :)

I don't think there's any comic where every panel has a full background. Sometimes y'all ask too much!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Can't believe Manara just traced that Ant cover. Shameful.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I'd say Daredevil, Inhuman, and Thor are good. The rest are either fairly new (Ant-Man, Deathlok), or are just fair to mediocre. Or I'm not reading them (I've heard good things about Rocket Raccoon?)

Well except for X-Men. X-Men is bad. That said, I'd totally buy that X-Men cover as a print.

Which X-Men is bad? The first collection of All New X-Men was good, at least!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The lace on her arms is nuts. When I was reading that issue I was like, "Why would an artist do that to themselves?!" I guess Karl just loves us that much.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

It looks like it's a pattern fill. Look closely at the armpits. The pattern continues right over the lines for the armpit/bust. Real patterned fabric/lace wouldn't do that, it would bunch up at the joints. That being said, even though it's a time-saving technique, it's executed subtly and very well in this case.

Oh, whoops. It looked so much better than the typical flannel skirt ones that I missed it.

And sorry to have offended you so greatly Flesh Forge.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That Venom cover is good, and I think you need to fix the contrast on your monitor, Walrus.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

E is for EUUUUGGGHHH.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It's a terrible drawing, and just because it has an X in it doesn't make it a brilliant design. She's wearing a loving diaper for God's sake.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, let's just ignore that Storm has the same proportions.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

If it was a side view you'd see they were all walking like this

Wendell
May 11, 2003

George Perez is the king of drawing shapely as gently caress legs.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

"After being defeated due to poor leg strength, Raven and the Titans work out their lower bodies and become the League of Legs."

WHAT?

That sounds hilarious.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

catlord posted:

I do like Darwyn Cooke's style, it's pretty wonderful. Is it just me though, or does Zatanna have really long legs?

Zatanna being leggy is not weird.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Red posted:

Yes and yes.

Erik Larsen usually drew MJ in pretty skimpy clothes with big hair, almost like Peg Bundy. But I remember he had some good side-stories for Peter and MJ, like them worrying about having a mutant baby, or MJ auditioning for a part where she'd have to be naked.

But at least the man could draw people who could emote:

Larsen LOVES to draw mega hot babes. I just don't think he's ever succeeded at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Really though, why is he on a Green Lantern roller coaster? What is going on??