Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Kleptocracy posted:

Meanwhile, I'm not very familiar with Richard Corben's art, but his work on Hellblazer just annoys the hell out of me. Everybody have those big fleshy heads on children's bodies:

Corben's people can be a bit funky looking but he's second to none when it comes to illustrating horror books. He's a master of the grotesque. His work on Hellboy is brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

EvilMuppet posted:

HAhaha, I have that. The blood disappears if you rub it.

Pah, who want disappearing blood? We want APPEARING blood and lots of it!

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Friends Are Evil posted:

There was a terrible one-shot in the 90's called Batman Digital Justice. All the art is done on early 90's-era CGI. You can imagine how this is going to end.

Still looks better than that lovely Batman Inc. issue

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

TwoPair posted:

I get that anybody with "Hulk" in their name is gonna be pretty buff, just... check out Whilce Portacio's Red She-Hulk in this week's Incredible Hulk #7.

The new Hulk book is pretty much unreadable because of the atrocious art.

edit: VVV That too, it's definitely the weakest of Aaron's current output.

Shameless fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 19, 2012

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Madkal posted:

For some reason when I see that it looks like Cooke is channeling a mixture of Sale and Timm, who are both awesome artists.

Well he did work on the Batman and Superman animated series so it's no surprise he's got a similar style to Timm.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Baron Bifford posted:

This is a pretty kickass cover by Lee Bermejo for Before Watchmen: Rorschach

I'll see your Bermejo and raise you a Steranko

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

RevKrule posted:

7 characters. 0 feet. It's kinda marvelous how he does that.

It often goes unnoticed but despite being a much better artist than Liefeld, Mignola also seems to have issues with feet.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Mignola has a lot of issues he has stated that he hates drawing technically stuff like cars for example. He really strikes me as a kinda lazy artist who doesn't seem like he wants to develop himself.

I wouldn't say that as you can definitely see an improvement over the years. He has definitely refined his style. poo poo, if I could draw like Mignola does now I'd sit back and say "Yeah, job done, I rule"

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I just lucked into this archive of cover scans from the old Brit comicbook Starblazer, there's some fantastic artworks inside (and a few duff ones) that are making me feel all nostalgic :)

https://plus.google.com/photos/114465960270072175545/albums/5659912859652586929

A lot of familiar names in the uk comic world got early gigs producing work for SB

So good. I had tons of those. Years ago, someone gave me the first 30 or so and I built up quite the collection. I know Grant Morrison did a few (five I think). Algol the Terrible was his first. Will have to try and track those down again

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Street Soldier posted:

Would you believe me if I told you this isn't Liefeld?

Deodato or Benes if I had to guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Breaking News: Comic book artist / cartoonist does not trace photographs. Uses exaggerated expressions for a specific effect. More on this story at eleven.