Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

San Andreas was my favorite because I loved riding the motocross bike around the hills in the south part of San Fierro territory. Maybe that's why I liked RDR so much. It also had a ton of cool planes and huge jumps. GTA IV was a disappointment because of how many features and the general freedom from SA were removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I like how they clarified that V stands for five.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

dvorak posted:

I'm sure there's enough people out there that don't know what a GTA is. They want everyone with and without game consoles, alive or dead, and everyone even remotely interested in entertainment to buy and play their game. They want everyone to understand, "HEY THIS IS THE FIFTH GAME, OK?"

Nothing really wrong with that.

Your argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Then why don't they write grand, theft, and auto on the G, T, and A, respectively? Because it's stupid. Either way, I can't wait to buy GTA V Five when it's $30 thirty dollars.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Coolodile posted:

I would take it with a grain of salt. Since when has Kotaku ever known what they were talking about?

When they're jacking off to some Japanese poo poo.

FreakyZoid posted:

Er, have you seen the logo on their website?

Yes, but they shouldn't cater to people who don't have the mental capacity for roman numerals. Those people probably aren't old enough to buy the game on their own, anyway.

the truth fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 25, 2011

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

csidle posted:

Holy mother of poo poo.

Can't find a way to watch it on my phone and the hospital's network has all game related sites blocked. I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to see it, but that pic alone has me excited because the mountain and area south of SF in SA was my favorite part of the game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Dave posted:

drat look at how much mountain there is.

Looks like the area just outside Palm Springs, which is on the way to Vegas.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Starks posted:

I wanna play GTA SA again (PC Version) but I don't feel like grinding the missions to unlock all the cities/jetpack/etc., is there a mod that unlocks everything and lets me just gently caress around? Also are there any must-have mods?

How did I forget about the jetpack?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ChuckDHead posted:

To be fair, that feature was a really good idea that would have been really useful if the game's soundtrack had been more interesting.

Agreed, IV's soundtrack was a huge letdown.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The rock and talk stations sucked, that's all I know.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Himuro posted:

Yeah, why do these "leaks" always have hints of tedious poo poo no one wants?

Did you play GTA IV?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

davebo posted:

Well once we have GTAV on pc you can roam around the forest on foot and we can all hide behind trees with our mics and pretend to make bear and cougar noises then just hit you with a rocket launcher. It's almost the same.

I wish I had spent more time playing RDR free roam with friends. I only got to do it twice, but both times were amazing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Physical posted:

Just Cause 2 grappling hook as well.

Too bad this will never happen. Oh well, I'm happy to see some great countryside because that's where I spent most of my time in SA.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

marktheando posted:

GTA fans saying they loved Tommy Vercetti but hate 'gangster culture' was especially stupid. But Tommy's the most stereotypical gangster possible and these games have always been about gangsters! Oh wait it's some kind of racist code meaning they hate black people.

The world has its fair share of bigots, but I'm sure there were people who expected a certain kind of gangster from their GTA game. A story based around mafia/organized crime gangsters will be different than one featuring ghetto hood-rat gangsters. Either way, people who skipped SA missed out on R*'s magnum opus.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

I just finished watching the wire (all of it) and Snoop in gta would be the best thing ever.

Hell, just get rock star to make a The Wire game.

The Wire seems more like a Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) project.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Aside from the beginning, the only other things I remember from SA's story is that there was a mysterious government agent and maybe a mission in the countryside featuring Claude from GTA 3.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

http://www.igta5.com/map

This site has another fake map at the bottom. It looks like whoever was creating it got bored when it was time to draw the eastern half, though.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Cephalectomy posted:

The actual missions in JC2 were super boring and repetitive to the max, but it is a blast to just run around loving off in that game.

Really? I thought most missions were standard GTA fare, but a few were awesome, especially the Hantu Island one.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Insanely awesome? Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Truman Sticks posted:

Was that the mission where you fly towards the giant Tesla coil tower, get blasted out of the sky by a sudden lightning storm, land on the island and have to make your way up the tower fighting a bunch of old WWII vets who think the war is still going on?

Because I remember that mission vividly, but not the least bit of context for it.

That's the one, and, like the rest of the game, there wasn't much context. It's too bad there weren't more missions there.

• Locked thread