Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
By the looks of it GTAV might be going back to an LA type setting. Hopefully they'll throw in some goddamn scenery this time. San Andreas had it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Replaying GTA IV now. Man, running down pedestrians with Jill Scott on the radio is badass as hell.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
If the trailer reveals a rebooted Los Santos deal I won't even be slightly mad. Rockstar can do a shitload with LA county.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
I'm not looking forward to the trailer in the same why I was looking forward to the 1st GTA IV trailer. Too focused on Skyrim/Uncharted 3/SR3/MW3 right now. I'm still setting the alarm for 5am tommorow morning though.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
As much as I don't want it to go back to San Andreas, that poo poo would look so good on a next-Gen system. We'll find out in a bit though.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Well, IV was released a year and a bit after the first trailer so hopefully that's the case now.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Top Gear style editing.....in the world....

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
7 minutes away. This better not be a goddamn troll Rockstar. Show some good poo poo this time.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rockstar's servers melted when the first GTA IV trailer hit. Gonna be pissed if they don't hold this time.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Alright, please don't freeze halfway through the poo poo...

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
MOTHERFUCK this looks good.

PLANES.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Looks like the main guy is Hispanic. makes sense since we're in Los Santos. And MOUNTAINS AND PLANES AND poo poo. gently caress.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

So is it set in the early 2000s or in the 2010s?

The foreclosure sign suggests that it's set right around now. So late 10's I spose.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Now, all we need is more trailers and a goddamn release date.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
I will actually jizz all over the show if the future trailers reveal San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Now awaiting the OCDish frame-by-frame analysis by IGN or whoever. Something else is bound to pop up.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
All this talk about GTA IV is making want to replay it for the millionth goddamn time.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
I'd prefer if it was just Los Santos. It doesn't make much sense to include to entire cities to the mix if LA itself is goddamn enormous. That coupled with the countryside and such will give us plenty to gently caress around with.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
IGN have broken the trailer down. Good work.

http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/11/02/rewind-theater-grand-theft-auto-v

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008

crazysim posted:

How large was GTA4 on the Xbox 360 in filesize (saved to HD)?

Around the 7GB mark I think.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
That seals it then. I'm glad they're not stuffing in San Fierro or Las Venturas since a reimagined LA will be loving enormous anyway. It'll probably make everything flow a bit better as well I suppose. It doesn't really make sense to throw 3 entirely different cities into the same map either.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
They'll probably have 1, maybe 2, airports in the main city with a bunch of airstrips or something scattered throughout the countryside areas. I can dig that.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
If anyone is from the LA, is Disneyland far from the city itself or not?

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Replaying GTA IV for the hell of it. Man, I forgot how good Algonquin looks. Fine job.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008

Upmarket Mango posted:

So I've been following the development of the Icenhancer ENB 2.0 mod for some time now and the guy behind it is very near release. His latest batch of screenshots from it are pretty loving rad. Naturally it's catered to those with super computers from future space. Also, he's been doing some work to make it compatible with version 1.0.07, but don't expect it to be as pretty as the 1.0.04 version. You can check out his Facebook page for the latest info on it. I promise I'm not the guy making this. I'm just hoping he resumes work on his Skyrim version once 2.0 is released.

As a console gamer, this makes me weep.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

So has there been any recent word on GTA V or is it still just a trailer from last year and nothing else since then? They're really dragging their goddamn feet on this one

Rockstar made a twitter account for the Epsilon Program and that's it. Should expect something to happen soon though.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS ROCKSTAR. That poo poo looks goooood as hell. Hopefully the next lot of screenies should show some more of the map. I want farms n poo poo.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Also, look down the bottom where the screens are:

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Three blank spots so expect 3 more fairly soon I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Yup, they're in full-on marketing mode now. My body is ready for the pain R*. Make it count please.

PS: On the official GTAV site they've got 3 more blank slots for more screens/whatevers down the bottom. dis gon be goooood.

Sir Xiphos fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 22, 2012

• Locked thread