Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Howmuch posted:

Don't know why, since I already have bought vice, sanan, IV and IV: episodes.... but I had to take advantage of this offer.
(aren't GTA 1 and GTA 2 free now?....actually, I don't want to know, I'm guessing I just bought a bunch of games for the second time)

Yes, GTA1 and 2 are free. You get them on Steam only through buying the GTA package as a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I've never had a problem with the ability once she gives it to me, but it can take a while before you receive the phone call where she says she can wipe your wanted level.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Stories games are really fun and I would definitely shell out money for a PC/modern console port.

It's a shame they didn't put multiplayer in the vanilla 3/VC because the maps are small enough to work for it. Multi Theft Auto mods for those games were lots of fun. From my experience, GTA4's map is obnoxiously big for any multiplayer that doesn't isn't racing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I wonder how the Stories games would be on the Vita since the Vita is supposed to be backwards compatible with the PSP games up on the PSN Store.

From things I've read on the internet, the PSN store copies don't run too well on PSPs to begin with.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I would pay money for the Stories games to be re-released. It would mean I wouldn't need to get a new PSP to play them right now.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Going back to GTA4 from RDR makes the speed difference really noticeable. Camera movement feels sluggish, as does moving along/between cover, and the reticule gets weird when you swap between manual and automatic aim.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The worst is when garages would randomly lose your cars anyway. So long, reward vehicles! I barely used you since it you were too easy to lose forever even without this bug.

I liked that VCS let you purchase the unlocked vehicles at car dealerships and had bulletproof cars outside of every business once you took over all of them. It was a great reward for putting up with its stupid gang warfare system.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shoreside Vale was better than the fake Jersey in GTA IV. :colbert:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vice City Stories let you pay a flat $5000 fee to recover your weapons every time you died/got busted. That worked pretty well too since you got to keep all the ammo you collected.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

HOW YOU ALLOWED TO DRIVE IF YOU BLIND

Oh wait, that was SA. Oh well, same tier of GTA games :v:

WHAT'RE YOU DOING, GIVIN' BIRTH?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Cliff Racer posted:

What exactly was the response again? Never played Driver so I missed the reference.

During the mission to steal the rhyme book from his mansion you come across somebody playing a videogame who'll yell "Tanner you suck rear end".

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The whole strand of Zero missions is easily the worst part of San Andreas.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Croccers posted:

How long will the console to PC release gap be this time though? Hopefully with the way MP3 runs it won't be chuggy as all gently caress.

Max Payne 3 also didn't have a giant world map to consider, but it certainly gives me hope that the PC port will be fine. Those screenshots look fantastic.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vice City Stories had a thing where it saved completion every 5 levels, but bumped up the reward requirement to 15. Beats getting to level 11 or 12 and then failing because of bullshit.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

the_american_dream posted:

Blasphemy I know but this is a big reason I couldnt stay into Just Cause 2.

I feel the same way. I had a blast with JC2 to start with but it got so monotonous, especially with the travel, that I rushed to finish the story and then couldn't get more than an hour out of it when I bought it again in a Steam sale.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I only have a couple of hours into VCS and have only done the intro mission in LCS.

I did not play the PS2 versions, but I'm under the impression that these are just direct ports of those. The framerate in both games is pretty choppy, but smoother in VCS. I didn't notice it in LCS, but VCS still has some pretty bad pop-in issues, and both games have pretty muted colors compared to the PSP versions.

They're good games and worth the money if you haven't played them before, but otherwise I would tell you to pass.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Yeah, it drops more debris in your way after every crate you're returned to Phil, and eventually everything except the longest and most convoluted route possible is blocked. Naturally, that means you have to haul rear end if you want to get that last crate within the time limit, and you absolutely can't make even the slightest mistake. gently caress that mission.

Both the moonshine mission and the one where you have to pick up moving vehicles with a magnet in a helicopter with a time limit were frustrating as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you want to see the whole city at once, I'm sure end-game save files are floating around on the internet and they should work if you drop them into the appropriate folder. For what it's worth, the DLCs unlock the entire city from the start.

• Locked thread