Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

BrandonGK posted:

In "drat, I'm getting old." news Rockstar is releasing Grand Theft Auto Vice City for certain IOS and Android devices in celebration of the tenth anniversary of Vice City's release.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45851/celebrating-the-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-10th-anniversary-plus.html

Wow gently caress, 10 years. I remember the day at the school looking at all the leaked map images and weapons based on QA testers and arriving at home and just playing it for 7 hours straight, giving 0 fucks about my homework.

I feel old as gently caress :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Avocados posted:

I'm kind of in a rut with GTAIV. I'm at the part where I find the Florian dude but it turns out he's just some flamboyant guy and not the dude Niko is looking for. And about 5 missions later im doing random work for a lot of work for some Mafia guys, on top of Packie's family. Problem is i'm running out of steam and I feel like im chasing some invisible carrot. I'm not looking for the game to end or anything, but I need some sense of story progression. In a non-spoilery way, how far am I from getting the next big plot point? The three leaf clover mission was amazing but things are getting really dull.

pretty close. Stick with it. Then treat your self to Ballad of Gay tony.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

It doesn't run very well on my quad core 9550x or something, 2.83ghz. My roommates 3ghz quad core, first gen i7, isn't much better. I have 4gigs of 1066 ram, he has 12 gigs of 1066. I'm running 1790megs of vRAM and my roomie has 1gig. The game is just poorly optimized in my opinion. It looks better than the consoles but it can get awfully bad when it is real hectic. In all fairness I could turn my resolution down but eh.

I enjoyed the PC version for modding and using cheats, not to actually play the game.

I imagine, or rather hope that GTA5 is optimized a lot better. I mean if it can run half as good as Max Payne 3 runs on my system, then I will be happy.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So is that some l2 cache or some small detail that was not standardized until 2009?

It just seems so odd you would need a specific year's processor or later for that one game, when more recent and far more taxing games like far cry 3/bd, max payne3, skyrim, metro 2034 all work flawlessly.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 3, 2013

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Well that sucks. I guess might just double dip for PS4 version later on then.

As is my PC is drat near maxed due to my cruddy Mobo only supporting 8gigs in total. I guess whenever I get a new PC in the future, GTA4 will probably be one of the games I want to replay first.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Yes. VCS is hands down, my favorite of the PS2 generation of games. It had just enough stuff taken from GTA:SA before making it too complicated (stats) and just enough improvements over GTA: LCS/VC to warrant a really enjoyable, tight experience. More 80's is always good too.

Phil Collins even plays himself, and you do missions for him and can see him in concert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Ps2 port man. It plays the exact same as VC/SA/III on ps2 and had some bonus content and the addition of L2/R2 drive by controls.

I still haven't tried either stories game on psp, and LCS was given away for free, if I am not mistaken.

• Locked thread